Need help planning a Cowboys weekend in Texas!

kristiamy

I just got my hands on a pair of tickets to the Jan 10th Cowboys game for my fiance's birthday. We are coming down from Toronto, Ontario and are in dire need of some recommendations on...just about everything: hotels, restuarants, transportation to the game, other tourist attractions nearby, etc. We only have three nights (arriving Friday night, leaving Monday morning) so not a lot of time!

I spent several years doing business travel to Irving, Tx, which is right next to the Cowboy's stadium. First thing you have to know about Texas is that everyone drives everywhere. You need to rent a car. I don't know much about driving and parking at the stadium except that there is a lot of traffic around there whenever there is an event. However, since attending the game is the major highlight of your weekend, I would imagine you would want to go early anyway to maximize the experience.

The second thing is that there are a ton of at least 3*hotels/motels northwest of the city (which is where the DFW airport is) for $100 or less on Kayak.com I am seeing the 4* Omni Mandalay for $89 ($102 w/tax). I have stayed there and it is an elegant hotel on a lake in Las Colinas. I can't believe it is $89! For Sunday I would recommend driving into Dallas to wander around the Market Square area and to see the Kennedy Museum. Lots of nice restaurants in that area. From what I saw of downtown Dallas, there is not much advantage to staying in the city itself. You would have to park your car and would have to drive almost anywhere.

What kind of food do you like? The Dallas area has tons of restaurants.

I love hotwire for hotels. Choose one near Irving, Arlington, between Dallas and Ft. Worth. You can get a lot off the hotels on hotwire.

Lots of Mexican restaurants, hope you like Mexican.

there will be lots of traffic, assuming you stay near the stadium, but its not too far from the airport, so most hotels will have shuttles.

Hotwire showing $69, Las Colinas Irving 3 1/2 stars, $48 ... **** good choice, pretty near the stadium, 4 stars Irving Las Colinas $85, etc ... 3 stars for $39 if you want a bargain. Looks like there are some great choices in the area to me. Are you getting a rental car?

Yeah - I bet the 4* Irving in Las Colinas is the Omni. However, it's on Hotels.com as well and I think you might be able to cancel if necessary. Just about every hotel chain you can imagine is in the area, so you can definitely get a cheaper room, but it is more likely to be a motel than a full service 4* hotel.

Yeah - I bet the 4* Irving in Las Colinas is the Omni. However, it's on Hotels.com as well and I think you might be able to cancel if necessary. Just about every hotel chain you can imagine is in the area, so you can definitely get a cheaper room, but it is more likely to be a motel than a full service 4* hotel.

betterbidding often has the name of the hotel on hotwire, just match up the stars and amenities. I use hotwire for land travel.

The question is though, can Dallas beat the same team 3 times in one season. I hope not. Eagles didn't even show up this week for the game. I'm sure next week will be a different ending.:D

Jimbo:)

We stayed at the Omni at Los Colinas this summer. It was very elegant. We loved it. I would recommend going to the Dallas World Aquarium while in the Dallas area. It is in an area in Dallas called "The West End". I wish I had tickets for the game. It should be awesome. I hear the new stadium is unbelievable. Have fun and GO COWBOYS!!!!!

We stayed at the Omni at Los Colinas this summer. It was very elegant. We loved it. I would recommend going to the Dallas World Aquarium while in the Dallas area. It is in an area in Dallas called "The West End". I wish I had tickets for the game. It should be awesome. I hear the new stadium is unbelievable. Have fun and GO COWBOYS!!!!!

If you want a true Cowboy experience, visit Fort Worth, also known as Cowtown. Our Northside has some of the places that Butch and Sundance stayed and also where Bonnie and Clyde visited. We also have Billy Bobs, Willie Nelson is performing Friday night. There is the Omni Hotel and the Worthington in downtown Fort Worth. Hope this helps.

Dave

You may already know that the game is actually Saturday night January 9. With all the talk about Las Colinas, I should also point out the "Stadium" is now in Arlington, and not on the eastern edge of Las Colinas in Irving. Lots to do in the area ..... hopefully the warmer temps will return early in the weekend. Reports are now starting Wed. night we will have over 60 hours of sub freezing temperatures with lows in the low teens and highs ranging from 28 to 30. Bring your coats!!

Archived