Roatan Beach Break with island marketing Ltd

196snoopy

Has anyone booked with island marketing in Roatan? where thinking of booking to the west beach break adventure.

32US

Includes:

list_wr_deep1.gifApproximately 6 hours Beach Break.

list_wr_deep1.gifRound Trip Transfer from the Cruise Ship Dock

list_wr_deep1.gifBeach Chair for each Adult reserved

list_wr_deep1.gif1 Cocktail or Local Beer for each Adult reserved

list_wr_deep1.gifAccess to fresh water showers and restrooms

I just booked with Island Marketing today for the Roatan Beach Break on January 28th (will be traveling on the Carnival Glory). When will you be there? I can give some feedback when we return! Also booked with Island Marketing for Nachi Cocum in Cozumel as well.

• 1 month later...

I booked the beach break in Roatan with Island Marketing. It was a good outing. We met with the Island Marketing Rep. just outside the Mahogany Bay security gates (up a semi-steep hill)...our driver took 4 of us to Bananarama...which is outstanding. I assume that is where they take all that book this excursion. All in all it was the best excursion for us on the Legend back in late January.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I'll be in Roatan the first week of April and am looking at this company, too. They have mor eoptions and better pricing than anyone else. Has anyone done the zipline and west bay tour? Wondering how it is. We did ziplining in Costa Rica and would love to do it again but am wondering how exciting it is in R. Thanks!

Jen :)

I just booked with Island Marketing today for the Roatan Beach Break on January 28th (will be traveling on the Carnival Glory). When will you be there? I can give some feedback when we return! Also booked with Island Marketing for Nachi Cocum in Cozumel as well.

Can you please tell me about your excursions while on the Glory in Roatan, and Cozumel. I've booked Nachi Cocum also with Island Marketing, but not yet in Roatan. We will be on the Glory April 4th. Any suggestions or a review would be most helpful. What beach do you go to on Roatan? Or do they take you to a hotel area? Thanks again! Also, did you find a good excursion in Belize or Grand Cayman?

Hey! I'll be in Roatan the first week of April and am looking at this company, too. They have mor eoptions and better pricing than anyone else. Has anyone done the zipline and west bay tour? Wondering how it is. We did ziplining in Costa Rica and would love to do it again but am wondering how exciting it is in R. Thanks!

Jen :)

We went through Island Marketing for zip lining and beach break 2 weeks ago! We were thrilled. They are completely professional. We prebooked online. 52pp. Ziplining was awesome!!

We went through Island Marketing for zip lining and beach break 2 weeks ago! We were thrilled. They are completely professional. We prebooked online. 52pp. Ziplining was awesome!!

Where did you go for the beach break? If you snorkeled, how was it? We are signed up with them in April.

Can you please tell me about your excursions while on the Glory in Roatan, and Cozumel. I've booked Nachi Cocum also with Island Marketing, but not yet in Roatan. We will be on the Glory April 4th. Any suggestions or a review would be most helpful. What beach do you go to on Roatan? Or do they take you to a hotel area? Thanks again! Also, did you find a good excursion in Belize or Grand Cayman?

We used Island Marketing for Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and for their Beach Break in Roatan. No problems in Cozumel and I would have to say our experience in Roatan was interesting, but not negative! We ended up docking in Coxen Hole due to sea conditions so it took us a little while to find the Island Marketing rep once we were off the boat because we weren't sure where they would be. Our (just my husband and I) assigned driver was Eunice and we were the only two with her for the day. We used her personal car and she brought us to Bananarama in West Bay. She pointed out things to us along the way and shared information about Roatan as well. She took care of everything for us at Bananarama (resort pass, lounge chair for the beach, coupon for free drink) and told us to let her know when we were ready to leave. Eunice stayed at the resort for the entire time and you could tell she was keeping an eye on us to make sure we weren't going to skip out on her. At one point my husband and I went for a walk down the beach and were gone for a short period of time. When we came back Eunice was frantic because she thought we left and said someone told her we took off in a taxi! We assured her we wouldn't leave without her! Bananarama was a great resort (beach was busy that day) and other than the occasional rain showers we had a good time. Eunice offerred to take us someplace where we could get great deals on shopping, but we declined. She brought us back to the pier when we were ready to leave and we paid Eunice at the end of our time with her. Overall we had a positive experience and would use Island Marketing again!

We went to Bananarama in September but we made the arrangements directly with them. It was only $20 per person, included chairs and the transportation. The driver met us at the dock and drove us there and helped us get settled in. The price didn't include any drinks, but they were cheap! ($1 or $2 each)

• 1 month later...

We had booked Nachi Cocum and the Roatan beach break through Island Marketing. Had I not done Nachi two days before, I might have enjoyed this a little bit more.

Like many posters above, the weather was too windy to dock at Mahogany Bay, so we docked at Coxen Hole. This was fine with us, we have docked there each time (this was our 3rd time in Roatan). The locals also prefer that we dock in Coxen Hole rather than the Carnival owned Mahogany Bay, it is more money for the economy. Our time to meet our "guide" was 9:20 ship's time, but we walked out of the pier area early (most of the shops were closed) and saw the sign for "Island Marketing". They said that they come as soon as the ship ports, either location. We were introduced to our driver, Jeannette who was born and raised on the island. I loved her accent! She took us to her vehicle, but before we got away from the port area, her phone buzzed and she was instructed to wait for another couple who was supposed to scuba dive but was running late. So, we waited for about 10-15 minutes in her a/c (gas is about $4-$5 per gallon) and finally got the "go ahead" as the other couple was running too late for us to wait. She took us the long way around the island to do some sight seeing along the way. We asked questions and she was happy to answer them.

We ended up at Bananarama Resort, and she checked us in, got our wristbands and drink coupons. She told us to go pick out a spot on the beach, which we did. While we were standing there on the beach, some other people who got their chairs first put them down right where we were standing, so we had to adjust and move down a bit. More chairs and more people, we finally got ours and settled down on the beautiful beach.

Now, the reason I preferred Nachi are following: the beach was much more crowded than Nachi, no exclusivity or limits are set and it got even more crowded as the day wore on. Of course, I attribute this to the fact that Mahogany Bay was canceled and folks had to find something else to do. Also, there was a constant stream of locals selling hammocks, necklaces, massage, hair braiding, cigars, etc. They were polite enough when you said, "No thank you", but it was a CONSTANT stream of locals! There was no wait service on the beach, but there were some specials according to the sign on the beach. Local beer was $3 and margaritas were $4, although one drink was included in the price we paid. In speaking to others who booked the SAME experience when they got off the ship from somebody standing there offering excusions, the price they paid was less than we had paid for the same deal.

A little after noon, our driver (who waits for you while you are on the beach) told us that she had to run over and pick up the other couple who had finished their scuba. We informed her that we wanted to leave at 1 pm and she said she would be back in a few minutes. A little before 1 pm, we packed up and moved off the beach to get ready to leave. We waited and waited and waited. We were supposed to be back on board at 2:15, and when she hadn't shown up by 1:30 we got nervous. I sent DH into the office to see if they could get in contact with her. Other people from the ship had already left and we did not want to miss the ship. She came up about 5 minutes later with the scuba couple in tow, and when I said we were getting concerned, she said very casually, "Oh, we wouldn't let that happen". She stopped a couple of times on the way back to the ship to take pictures, but pulled in with little time to spare. DH and I wanted to check out the shops at the port, but there was very little to see in them, and very few of them to start with.

So, in short, it was a nice day but I would probably not do this particular excursion again. I guess Nachi spoiled me!

Questions?

Sol y Mar

• 1 year later...

Bumping this up with a follow-up question. All of these replies indicate that the Beach Club used by Island Marketing is Bananarama. But I have read that they use San Simeon. Anyone know if they changed over, or if it is catch as catch can depending on the day you are there? Thx.

we used island marketing a month ago in Cozumel-I was under the impression that they employ their own reps however they are a 3rd person-our driver for the day picked us up in his taxi-we later found we could have booked directly with him cheaper and avoided island marketings large cut of the fee

see if you can book with the resort direct is my advice

Lyn

Bumping this up with a follow-up question. All of these replies indicate that the Beach Club used by Island Marketing is Bananarama. But I have read that they use San Simeon. Anyone know if they changed over, or if it is catch as catch can depending on the day you are there? Thx.

We did this earlier this month and Bananarama was the Island Marketing tour destination. Really enjoyed this excursion.

We did this earlier this month and Bananarama was the Island Marketing tour destination. Really enjoyed this excursion.

Ditto for our experience last October. It was Bana narama even though everything on the Island marketing website indicated san Simeon. Bananarama was wonderful and had great food, drinks and service.

Archived