Cost of Drinks

Fossil1

Can anyone please tell me the price of drinks on Constellation. I have heard they vary from moderate to the most expensive of any ship afloat. Mainly interested in the cost of Beer, Gin, Brandy and mixers. Can anyone help???

At the Martini Bar, plan on about $10.30 for a martini which includes tip ($8.95 plus 15%). They are great drinks but by no means cheap!! Celebrity about 2 years ago, recognized a new profit center when they increased the cost of the Martinin bar drink from $6.95 to $8.95 (plus tip) and Im certain they get all there liquor tax free. They also have a drink special every day that runs, I beleive $3.95 plus tip and I think you can always get a Bloody Mary in the am for that price also.

I leave tomorrow for the Millennium....see you all at the Martini Bar about 7:30 before the late dinning begins.

Rich in N VA

The Mast Bar on the Century had some 2-for-1 drink specials at certain times during the day. They ended up being served in smaller glasses than the regular versions (but still an OK deal since it let both of us try some things). The regular drinks were $5.50 plus 15% automatic gratuity.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Prices sound about the same price as central London apart from the beer which is only £3.00 a pint in london. Is anyone sailing the Transatlantic on Constellation in April San Juan to Dover?

Thanks to everyone who replied. Prices sound about the same price as central London apart from the beer which is only £3.00 a pint in london.

Hey Fossil :D How does 3 pounds (I don't have that character on my keyboard!) compare with 3 US dollars? It would seem to me that the London pint would be about the same cost as the ships beer when you break it down to the amount you get to what you pay.

if you're not hugely picky, be sure to look for the daily drink specials. They rotate by day of the week and are listed on the bar/lounge menus as well as the daily bulletins. They're in the $4 vicinity right now. Usually classic stuff like tequila sunrises, Singapore slings, etc. -- TR (whose hub ADORES the martini bar and is there at 5 pm every cruising day no matter WHAT the price)

I agree, the daily drink specials are pretty smartly priced for what you get. I pretty much went that route to keep the bar tab somewhat in line.

My one compaint is that one certain drinks (i.e. Scotchs), the pours that they give you are extremely skimpy for the price that they are charging. I swear that they must be using a 1 ounce jigger to measure the drinks because it seemed like there was almost nothing to begin with and finished with in only a couple of sips. Pretty frustrating when you're paying $10 for a glass of Scotch.

I've paid 9$ on land for a martini,so the cost isn't really out of line.By the time you pay tax and tip it is usually more the 10:30$ so keep drinking.Also the outdoor pool bar usually has a happy hour.

I drink 3 or 4 of those a night !!!! :)............. $30-$40 per night is going to cost me............ but its worth it !!!

Thanks to everyone who replied. Prices sound about the same price as central London apart from the beer which is only £3.00 a pint in london. Is anyone sailing the Transatlantic on Constellation in April San Juan to Dover?

Hi I am on this sailing - join the roll call thread where others on this cruise are posting - Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=62057

Hey Fossil :D How does 3 pounds (I don't have that character on my keyboard!) compare with 3 US dollars? It would seem to me that the London pint would be about the same cost as the ships beer when you break it down to the amount you get to what you pay.

If you consider it to be almost double you wnot go far wrong.

If I am correct in assuming the prices across Celebrity for drinks is the same then I found them very expensive.

However, I live in East Anglia in a relatively small town where you can get a pint of draught beer in a pub about $2.80. Even the best hotel only charges $7.00.

However, if i go to London I can double those prices, so in that context they are not too bad.

The cost of the massages was very high, but very good. Look out for thePort Day specials, ask nicely and they will do them even when sailing on the port day.

The Martinis in the Martini Bar are doubles--a full 4 ounces of liquor, and are DELICIOUS! :D The price with tip comes to $10.03. Beer will run $3.50 and up.[/quote

OMG 4 ozs each, wow! I love a martini before dinner, but with one of those, I may not make it to dinner! :D I will have to SHORTEN that popular saying to

"One martini - FLOOR! ;) Going to try my first Martini bar on the Infinity in August, CHEERS!

They do have special at the Martini Bar and it is a Martini Taster. Again this use to be free but now they charge a nominal amount and you try 5 different types of matinis for $5 or $10 ...... but they are in taster glasses not the full 4 oz. The Martini tasting is typically advertised in the daily news letter.

Rich in N VA

Hi Rich......hope you have a wonderful cruise:)

Those Martini Tastings are nice;) .....but just to make the distinction...they are tastings....served in small liquor glasses......5 choices.

Other than that, the Martini Bar doesn't have any "drink specials"....not that I can recall anyway.

The Martinis in the Martini Bar are doubles--a full 4 ounces of liquor, and are DELICIOUS! :D The price with tip comes to $10.03. Beer will run $3.50 and up.[/quote

OMG 4 ozs each, wow! I love a martini before dinner, but with one of those, I may not make it to dinner! :D I will have to SHORTEN that popular saying to

"One martini - FLOOR! ;) Going to try my first Martini bar on the Infinity in August, CHEERS!

I can speak with authority as to the wonders at the Martini Bar! My favorite place on a Celebrity ship!!!

On the Century we loved the Martini Specials every evening. They call it 2 for 1/two for $8.95! Now that sound really really good, but I will tell you they are actually smaller glasses, not the wonderful 4oz Martini's! We loved it though because you can order two different ones so you get a variety!

We loved the Martini tasting on the Century. On the Mercury I wasn't as impressed. The presentation and selection vary ship to ship. I will be able to compare the tasting in May on the Summit because I will be there for sure!!! By the way, the tasting is usually the first night before dinner so make sure to check the times when you get on the ship!

I'm actually not a big drinker, but I will say I've really become a fan of the Vodka Martini's-my husband calls them Fu-Fu Marnini's!

Dear Fossil,

I nicked a cocktail list from my recent sojourn aboard Celebrity Horizon, and I believe the prices are the same across the line.

Bottled US beers $3.50, draught Heineken $3.95, imported bottled beers $4.25. Gin $5.25 - $6.50 a double, mixers free. Brandy $6.25, VSOP $7.25, XO £18.75. All plus 15% tip.

At £2 to the dollar it's no problem. Budget on a thousand quid or so for your total on-board account for two weeks including laundry, booze, internet, gratuities, etc., and you won't be far off.

John, Coventry.

Most drink prices are about the same as your local Holiday Inn.

And cheaper than your Hilton or Westin hotel bars. I also have noticed a better pour on the ship than on land. An extra dollar every few drinks for the bartender often helps too.:rolleyes:

Reggie:D

Renorita

Don't know if we were just lucky, but on the 15 day Hawaii circle cruise, they had a second evening of Martini tasting. Did it at 5 PM for the main seating dinner guests, and again at 7:30 PM for the late seating. Lots of happy diners that night.

Art

Archived