solarium breakfast menu????

monkll

Breakfast is buffet style, so no menu. If I recall, there was: regular scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with herbs, hard-boiled eggs, regular pancakes (VERY fluffy pancakes, I might add -- very unlike the pancakes in Windjammer!), pancakes with a different type of fruit each day (banana, blueberry, etc.), turkey bacon, turkey sausage, grilled tomatoes, a cereal bar with different granolas/muesli/etc. and mix-ins like nuts/raisins/apricots/etc., different types of yogurt parfaits, smoked salmon, toast, bagels, muffins -- I'm sure there was more, but that's what I remember! We went to Solarium for breakfast almost every day -- much much better than the food in Windjammer.

:confused: Where is the solarium buffet? Is it located IN the solarium? Is this the Vitality Cafe listed on the RCI website?

I plan to spend a lot of time in the solarium and would like to start the day with b'fast

there! Thanks for any info...

Barbara

Yes, it's located IN the solarium. The Vitality Cafe is in the spa. The Solarium Cafe has glass walls that are opened to the rest of the Solarium in the morning and afternoon, and then closed at night to create the specialty dining experience. The groups of tables are sort of on little islands surrounded by water -- sort of hard to describe. Early in the cruise, it was fairly empty at breakfast and lunch, but then it was discovered and became pretty popular, especially for lunch on sea days. The food was head-and-shoulders above what was served in Windjammer.

Yes, it's located IN the solarium. The Vitality Cafe is in the spa. The Solarium Cafe has glass walls that are opened to the rest of the Solarium in the morning and afternoon, and then closed at night to create the specialty dining experience. The groups of tables are sort of on little islands surrounded by water -- sort of hard to describe. Early in the cruise, it was fairly empty at breakfast and lunch, but then it was discovered and became pretty popular, especially for lunch on sea days. The food was head-and-shoulders above what was served in Windjammer.

anyone have??:p

Buffet, sort of like the WJ but healthier....healthy hot and cold cereals and granola, but not the sugary cereals; turkey bacon/sausage; pancakes with sugar free syrup; breads and muffins but not donuts and pastries; lots of fruit and yogurt; eggs; grilled vegetables, etc.

anyone have??:p

Buffet, sort of like the WJ but healthier....healthy hot and cold cereals and granola, but not the sugary cereals; turkey bacon/sausage; pancakes with sugar free syrup; breads and muffins but not donuts and pastries; lots of fruit and yogurt; eggs; grilled vegetables, etc.

Thanks for the info. Being in the solarium, does that mean it is for adults only? Just curious - on some of the other RC ships, children are still permitted in the solarium just to get something from the cafe.

Thanks for the info. Being in the solarium, does that mean it is for adults only? Just curious - on some of the other RC ships, children are still permitted in the solarium just to get something from the cafe.

We saw kids in the Solarium (not just the cafe) every day. The adults-only aspect wasn't really enforced.

I did not see kids in the Solarium, other than in the cafe, and really didn't see many there. That I don't mind. But if I was in the pool/lounge area of the Solarium and there were kids, I would absolutely complain to a staffer, especially if they were in the hot tubs or making noise.

Archived