Pearl Mini-suites - How many beds for 4?

F5Loar

Okay I've read conflicting reports about how many beds are in the mini-suites when booked for 4 people. I understand if you book it for 2 there is the 2 semi-twin beds that can be pushed together to make a substandard size Queen. And there is a pull out small sleeper sofa that sleeps at least 1 uncomfortable which works for 3. But what about the mini-suites that are denoted for 4? What does that 4th person sleep on?

Is it a larger sleeper sofa for 2? Does a single bed come down from the ceiling for the 4th person like in the balcony rooms?

I would like to hear from someone who booked a 4 person mini-suite on the Pearl and can tell me first hand what those 4 people slept on.

From everything that I can find out there are just the 2 twins that can be pushed together and the 1 sofa bed. That's why we went back down to a balcony so we can have that 4th bed that drops down from the ceiling since I'm pretty sure the kids won't be wanting to sleep together :) Hopefully someone that has cruised in one though can confirm for you.

The mini suites have twin beds which can be put together for a queen. The third and fourth passengers share the sofa-bed. We've only ever had 3 of us in a mini-suite so can't comment on the amount of room in the sofa-bed.

Just be warned that the mini suite is not a suite and is a deluxe balcony. Room is tight.

Yes, I think some have a pull down bunk from the ceiling. I would NOT put 4 adults in this cabin. Maybe two kids with 2 adults

So far we have not heard from anyone who has put 4 in a mini-suite that was booked as a 4 person mini-suite. I can't believe they would go through the trouble in the deck plan layout to devote which rooms sleep 3 and which ones sleep 4 and there is not a difference in them.

Sure would be nice to hear from some who actually has booked a 4 person mini-suite and then can comment on how those 4 slept in that room that was designed for 4 persons. Even without a pull down bed you would think they would put in a bigger pull out sofa. Or at least bring in a roll away bed. The little + in the deck plans means Third and/or fourth person occupancy available. A single bed pull out sofa can not fit two adults.

We have been in many mini suites on NCL. The pull out bed, is about the size of a double bed. A little tight for for 2 adults, There is no access to the balcony when the bed is open, unless you crawl over the bed. So only set it up when going to sleep.:)

I can't believe they would go through the trouble in the deck plan layout to devote which rooms sleep 3 and which ones sleep 4 and there is not a difference in them.

I am not sure what you mean by this statement. Because all mini suites are designated "3rd and/or 4th person occupancy available". Although there are 2 aft mini suites that have the additional designation of being handicap accessible.

The mini suites only have 2 semi-twin beds that can be pushed together to make a substandard size Queen. Along with a pull out small sleeper sofa that sleeps at least 1 uncomfortable which works for 3. As people have told you already you can put 4 people in a mini but is is going to be very crowded.

PE

All mini-suites sleep 4. The sofa bed in a mini-suite is larger than the sofa bed in a balcony cabin. In a mini-suite you are able (just) to walk round the sofa bed when it is pulled out to gain access to the balcony. In a balcony cabin you have to climb over the sofa bed when it is pulled out to reach the balcony.

I think Calmac has it right. The mini has a bigger sleeper(almost normal full size) that can sleep 2 somewhat comfortable unlike the little mini sleep sofa(twin size) in the balcony cabin that would have a pull down pullman for the 4th person. And I did go back and see all mini-suites on the Pearl do have + by them indicating a 3 and/or 4th person. Now as far as crawling over to get to the balcony or not it seems the mini-suite is bigger then the balcony rooms if in that area you can indeed still walk around the sofa bed when it is out. Yet others here claim they are exactly the same in size only a bigger bathroom. Seems like I need to take my ruler with me this time and get my own square footage measurements. If those deck plans are to scale it is obvious the mini-suites are bigger then a regular balcony however you can not tell in those scale drawings how much more bathroom is taking up that extra space in the mini. I have done a mini-suite on Princess and they really are bigger and have pull downs for 4th person and a really big double pull down sofa sleeper. Some sofas pull out to the front, others pull down side to side.

I just found this photo of a Pearl mini-suite which clearly shows a pretty big sofa bed and plenty of room even if it is out to get to balcony.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/jennat99/Jennifer%20Crouch/NCL/Miami047.jpg

I now feel better that we can do 4 comfortably in a Pearl mini.

thanks to all who helped out on this confusing detail aboard the Pearl.

It would only make sense the minis have to be ever so slightly bigger then a standard balcony otherwise how could they sell them?

While it might be the same as a deluxe balcony on other cruise lines a mini-suite is just that. It's not a suite and it's not standard balcony it is somewhere in-between.

I just found this photo of a Pearl mini-suite which clearly shows a pretty big sofa bed and plenty of room even if it is out to get to balcony.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/jennat99/Jennifer%20Crouch/NCL/Miami047.jpg

I now feel better that we can do 4 comfortably in a Pearl mini.

thanks to all who helped out on this confusing detail aboard the Pearl.

We use to book mini-suites when our kids were young. They are now 17 and 12 and the sleeper sofa would not work for them. The room is larger than a balcony. There's no way we'd book a mini for 4 adults. No way, no how, but that's just me.

So far we have not heard from anyone who has put 4 in a mini-suite that was booked as a 4 person mini-suite. I can't believe they would go through the trouble in the deck plan layout to devote which rooms sleep 3 and which ones sleep 4 and there is not a difference in them.

Sure would be nice to hear from some who actually has booked a 4 person mini-suite and then can comment on how those 4 slept in that room that was designed for 4 persons. Even without a pull down bed you would think they would put in a bigger pull out sofa. Or at least bring in a roll away bed. The little + in the deck plans means Third and/or fourth person occupancy available. A single bed pull out sofa can not fit two adults.

There's no way a roll away would fit in a mini, with the sofa opened or closed. They would put in a bigger pull out sofa if there was room, but there is not. I'm just trying to get you prepared because some people are mislead by the name of mini-suite. It is a slightly larger balcony room with a bathtub instead of shower.

We just cruised on the Pearl last week. We had cabin 11086, which was a mini suite. There is a king size bed and there is a sofa that becomes two twin beds like a trundle bed. my 19 year old daughter and 16 year old son slept head to foot on these and were fine. There is alot of storage so that everything can be stored.

Wow! A Trundle bed! That would be great if I got one of those.

Maybe that is what they do when a 4 is booked vs. a 2 or 3.

You are the first person to mention such bed exsist on the Pearl.

And you are the first person to use the word "King" bed. Most call it a Queen even though it is two twins pushed together. Two twins would be a King but I thought those "twins" were ever so slightly smaller then a real land sized twin bed hence the name Queen when pushed together since it is not really a true King. Maybe the mini is a true King then and other just call it a Queen by mistake.

I went back and read the above post and everyone called a Queen size when pushed together.

from cruisedeckplans.com

Two beds that convert to queen-size, floor to ceiling glass doors that open to a private balcony, sitting area, private bath with tub and shower, refrigerator, safe, television, music console, phone, hairdryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 231 Balcony: 54

On Decks: Deck 11</I>

MINISUITEDIAGSM.gif

- - - - -

Two beds that convert to queen-size, floor to ceiling glass doors that open to a private balcony, sitting area, private bath, shower, refrigerator, safe, television, music console, phone, hairdryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 162 Balcony: 38

Cabin size ranges from 162 to 167 square feet with 38 square foot balcony.

On Decks: Deck 11</I> Deck 10</I> Deck 9</I> Deck 8</I>

star-oceanviewbalcony-scale.gif

Well there you have it folks. It's official that the mini-suites are 42.5% bigger in both the cabin and balcony then the regular balcony rooms. I don't think that 42.5% is all taken up in the bigger bathroom.

And it appears even NCL are calling these beds Queens not Kings but here on land when two twin beds are pushed together they make a King. Go figure ! However there is no mention of the bed arrangements for the 3rd and 4th person in either cabin.

Archived