Taxi from Hobby to Galveston

ddy123

Anyone know what the going rate is for a taxi? We will be getting in late at 10:55 PM and I am wondering whether we can do a taxi versus a limo service. I just priced Gulf Coast Limo and it is $155 one way for a Lincoln Town Car. They were incredibly nice on the phone but that was more money than I was expecting. Are taxis relatively easy to get at that late hour? Are there many van taxis or do I need to be careful with the number of pieces of luggage we bring? Thanks for any help!:)

Anyone know what the going rate is for a taxi? We will be getting in late at 10:55 PM and I am wondering whether we can do a taxi versus a limo service. I just priced Gulf Coast Limo and it is $155 one way for a Lincoln Town Car. They were incredibly nice on the phone but that was more money than I was expecting. Are taxis relatively easy to get at that late hour? Are there many van taxis or do I need to be careful with the number of pieces of luggage we bring? Thanks for any help!:)

This is just my opinion, but if we were coming into Houston that late we'd book an airport hotel that offers a shuttle from and to the airport and the cruise line shuttle for cruising day. You'd just need to go back to the airport to catch the shuttle.

Going in a day early and staying near the airport is a good idea.

My sis and her friends were having the same problem - flights arriving late - so they are flying in a day earlier then the rest of us (we are flying in day before cruise so they are flying in 2 days ahead). They are going to stay at the Drury near Hobby. A little pricier but they will pay for a taxi to bring you and return you to the airport. No waiting on a shuttle late at night or worrying about a shuttle the next day. They are going to take a taxi to the hotel - get up - have a good breakfast and meet us back at the airport for the ride to Galveston.

I though would look for a company that caters to cruise people for the shuttle from Hobby to the cruise terminal. They are usually smaller with less passengers. The problem with the cruise shuttles are they wait until the bus is filled before they leave. If you are unfortunate enough to be one of the first on you could be waiting a while before you leave. Plus I have noticed that private companys can be cheaper then the cruiseline.

We booked a limo bus - so I couldn't tell you the price for a smaller group.

Well when I was looking a taxi was going for 95.00--flat rate-- sorry I dont remember the name--

I ended up booking though AJ limo and will be using them on Friday---99.00 for a Lincoln Towncar---- that inclues all fees and tip----Houston Hobby to Galveston----its for 2 people--the rates are listed on their website----

I got their name from another cruiser whos sister had used them---I do plan on calling to comfirm---they do say that they monitor the flights and arrival times---

Cheers

April

I am staying at the hotel Galvez next Saturday and going on the Voyager on Sunday.

The Galvez gave me the name of Dwayne Johnson at TEXASAIRPORTCAR.COM.

Transpo from HOU to Galveston for two is $85. Town car is a few bucks more.

Making the reservation was extremely easy. Dwayne was super efficient and very responsive in setting up pick up and drop off at HOU and returning to the airport from the port upon disembarkation.

• 2 months later...

Archived