Xmas/New Year

JustinCornell

Just back from my first cruise on the QM2...In one word - wow !

We had a superb time. I loved the ship, so much so the only Islands we really explored were St Maarten (In the most rickety, rust bucket Jeep you've ever seen, which was SO bad it actually made the whole day trip better !!)

Grenada - our only Tour, the river tubing, really, really good - well worth it (even if I did end up in the river 3 times - that will teach me to try and video while going along !)

St Lucia - We hired Scooters and did the whole island, including Marigot Bay - If you're on St Lucia, please please go there its brilliant as its the best beach I've ever seen (this coming from a lad who lives in Bermuda)

Dominca I absolutely loved. Its so ramshackle and historic, we had a great time roaming the streets

A special mention must go to St Thomas - no no no, spent 45 mins in town getting hassled in every turn, gave up and got back on Board.

As for the ship ? Brilliant, surpassed everything I'd read before. We were lucky to be in a P1 and I have to say special thanks to Sandro (Maitre D') for organising that sublime Beef Wellington on New Year's Eve and also to Alvin, Christina and Alexander (Our waiters) and finally Slivin (Sommelier) who were excellent, so much so we tipped them well and gave them all a "You're a star" recommendation.

What else - blimey there's so much to say I'd be here all day !

Vibz (The Band) - Absolute stars. Played great music, had a good sense of humour and played the right music to get everyone dancing.

Gun from the Entertainment staff - Bless her, she's a star - maintaining a brilliant attitude even after severe provocation one night at the Golden Lion from this couple who complained about everything that night (The man's wife sat there all night with her fingers in her ears as some sort of juvenile show of how "loud" it was in there :rolleyes: for god's sake - move to the chart room or somewhere else if it's too loud for you ! Even winning the quiz that night failed to raise a smile - guess there's no pleasing some people...:()

Like I say too much to mention, I'll probably coalesce these into more concise thoughts once I've had a couple of days to reflect - but I have to say we're looking at booking for my 40th next year !)

Sorry for missing the CC meet up, as non-seasoned cruisers we were a bit preoccupied in exploring everything QM2 had to offer !

Cheers

Glad you had a great time on a wonderful ship Justin, beware the addiction.

Gun as we have seen can handle herself very well in the Golden Lion with minor diputes over questions e.t.c. (oh the lure of those Golden tickets).

Please post an in depth review of your time onboard...warts and all ... always makes good reading, while thumbing my bank card.

Fred.

Justin,

So glad you had a wonderful time, I think we say your Beef Wellington on its way ! It made us remember to ask for one on our TA but it was on the regular menu on the last formal night anyway.

Kate

How did you enjoy your time on QM2? Happy New Year to you and A.:)

How did you enjoy your time on QM2? Happy New Year to you and A.:)

Hi Bettie,

We had a great Christmas & New Year and possibly an even better TA to get us home. It was a struggle getting off in Southampton this morning !

Justin,

So glad you had a wonderful time, I think we say your Beef Wellington on its way ! It made us remember to ask for one on our TA but it was on the regular menu on the last formal night anyway.

Kate

Couldn't believe the size of it when it turned up - way too much for just 4 of us ! Was lovely though :D

Hey Pete / Jenny, how are you both! it's a small world eh! :D cant believe you're on here as well (it's Penny by the way). How's it feel to be back in England, cold I'm betting - we've been watching the weather forecast from Bermuda hope you both made it back ok.

Justin says can you send some pasties over :p

Hope you're both well - now that you're back into the routine of work :(

Greetings from sunny Bermuda - and enjoy your trip on the QE - we're both extremely jealous - i am now addicted to cruising but no way can i let my standards drop from hereonin. It's Princess Grill + and only Cunard!

Be safe, be good

Penny

x

Hi Penny & Justin

Nice to hear from you !! We are now back at work, me in the warehouse and Jenny booking events for this year (we need the dosh for the QE2) Its very cold here and it take me a long time to get moving!.

As you say Penny its princess grill all the time. looking forward to the next one

My PA was in tears when I gave her the Xmas present to sail on the QV in April The face was worth all the money we spent on her I hope she enjoys the grill like us

Love To you both

Peter & Jenny XX:)

Just thought I'd upload a few photos I found..

Early Sunday Morning - Day of embarkation.

PC200004.JPG

Snowy NYC

DSC_0008.JPG

View from Tender (St Lucia)

PC290012.JPG

Hired a couple of scooters..This was taken on the way to Marigot

PC290016.JPG

Marigot Bay

PC290024.JPG

Disembarkation Day...The spray and cold caused this - fantastic !

IMG00022-20100104-0751.jpg

Archived