For anyone flying in from Canada

scchasgal

Hi Again

We are actually cruising on the Dream - I think you are on the Valor?

I was searched - its no big deal.

The guy that looked through my backpack was like we did you even bother.

My take is the rule change this week put things back in perspective.

I had already done my nails :) !! so no big deal...

42 pounds is nothing - though I had no makeup ?/<>

My socks were clean - didn't realize had a hole is one.

I'm just trying to share what we went through to make easier for everyone else. Another story for the folks that traveled from post-Christmas until Wednesday.

We're out east in Cumberland.

You?

We'll have to compare notes when we both return

Steve

Right - the Dream - my mistake (must be the nail polish fumes!:D)

Really helpful - up until a few days ago i was freaking out about the no carryon rule (and you can understand why with over 42 lbs of luggage!)....and they did not even make any sense which was driving me crazy! Now at least things are back to normal - just in time for 'our' cruises!

I also don't mind being searched - if that's what it takes - but to me make the rules sensible and logical (when I 1st heard about the 'no getting up from your seat for the last hour of the ride I was considering getting some 'Depends'!).....really now!

No holes in these froufie socks!!! (and laundry just done so large selection of clean socks available!).

I am in Nepean/Centrepointe!

Definitely need to compare notes (are we doing the same ports?)

Have a blast - and wave at the Valor if you see us sailing by!

Has anyone recently flown out of YVR in the early AM recently?

Flying out of YVR on Feb 12, 6:30AM....Getting excited but nervous too........Plan on being at the Airport no later than 3am......

Airport will probably be insane because of the Olympics.....but then again, everyone will probably be here in town since it is the first official day....

The craziness will probably be flying out of Vancouver.....I think there will be a lot of people likes us flying out of town to get away........LOL....

Michelle :)

Reporting back on my Ottawa airport experience - it was a breeze! Nothing too wory about (altho I was stressed out about it for days beforehand!).

Luggage on ramp as usual.....then I stepped on the bad - arrow directed me to the right (which I believe was the 'basic' security process). Shoes/jacket off, bags on the conveyor, walk thru metal detector - and BZZZZ - yes I set it off.....lady 'wanded' me - and I discovered it was my bracelet and watch which both had some metal on them. I was waved thru.

Of course the agent asked if he could open my carryon (they always do!)....and he pulls out an 'object' which he then identifies to his co worker as a 'digital luggage scale' :D...that was it I guess? Cuz I am then sent on my way. The whole thing took no more than 15 minutes so there was no need to get to the airport hours in advance (at least not in Ottawa). I was dropped off at airport at around 11:15 and was thru and at my gate by 11:40.

Archived