pacific dawn or jewel VS rhapsody of the seas

hi guys

havent been on cruisecritic for a bit since my last cruise on pacific dawn.

i'm trying to decide on my next cruise, i have narrowed the list down to 2 cruises next april, but i'm looking for any info anyone who has been on both pacific dawn and rhapsody of the seas can give me.

how do the 2 ships compare, pacific dawn and rhapsody of the sea?

which is a better ship for travelling with children?

how so cabins compare, size wise and layouts etc? we are looking at either a balcony or Jnr suite on rhapsody.

anyway i would love to hear anything on the ships and what things people loved or hated in regards to the differences in ships, any advice, even just the general feels of them.

michelle

hi guys

havent been on cruisecritic for a bit since my last cruise on pacific dawn.

i'm trying to decide on my next cruise, i have narrowed the list down to 2 cruises next april, but i'm looking for any info anyone who has been on both pacific dawn and rhapsody of the seas can give me.

how do the 2 ships compare, pacific dawn and rhapsody of the sea?

which is a better ship for travelling with children?

how so cabins compare, size wise and layouts etc? we are looking at either a balcony or Jnr suite on rhapsody.

anyway i would love to hear anything on the ships and what things people loved or hated in regards to the differences in ships, any advice, even just the general feels of them.

michelle

Hi,

my opinion is that Rhapsody is the nicer ship and caters very well for kids.....The cruise fare is in AUD ...but onboard purchases are in USD.If you decide to go Rhapsody my advice is to purchase your spending money while our Dollar is good against the greenback.

have fun

Col:)

between these to ships pacific dawn and rhapsody of the seas the rhapsody of the seas is a better ship, as being more upper class so to speak and leave it at that please, as the pacific dawn is not that far behind her, but as another member said better for children, yes way better.

;) i think i'm just looking for an excuse to book on rhapsody.... i have been prowling around reading reviews on her and most certainly make her sound fabulous.

having sailied on pacific dawn, doing a cruise on the jewel just doesn't seem as exciting.

I'd go the Rhapsody or Princess.

I would even recommend Princess over P&O, the fares are basically the same at the moment if not cheaper to book Princess/ RCI so it just doesn't seem right to pay that for a P&O cruise, sure they're good but when considered value for money wise Princess/RCI really stack up alot better. Sun/Dawn Princess and Rhap are also way nicer then Pacific Dawn(other then the dome :P ) All the lines have equally good childrens programs it wouldn't matter which you chose.

Between the P&O ships even though haven't been on the Jewel I would still choose the Dawn as the dome really appealed to me and a spa just seems like a huge waste of space.

Just my opinion, but hope it helps :)

thanks cruisin-m

i think we have settled on rhapsody. we have booked that one, but nothing will be final untill we pay the deposit on monday, so unless P&O come to the party with a great deal it will be rhapsody.

my problem is that we have to choose ships around school holidays, and we wanted to wait till our youngest hits 3 as well so we could take advantage properly of the kids clubs and after hours babysitting programs :D after all its my holiday too!

at the moment i can only find a pacific jewel cruise and the rhapsody cruise that suit the timetable we have for april 2011... i dont think i could wait longer than that.

both are 10 nighters, and going rhapsody would mean pulling my son out of school for a week, which we really dont want to do, seeing as he has hearing issues that seem to cause him to need to work that bit harder than everyone else, but we are going to pull him out for that week as the price difference for rhapsody that sails a very similar itenary is around $1500 less for the whole family than going p&o!

and i cant put my finger on it but the jewel doesnt appeal to me much either.

michelle

Archived