Spa Suite or Cat 9A ?

As I research and am deciding on Carnival, I asked previously about dinner, with that answered, would you take a Spa Suite or Category 9A? What are the amenities/benefits of the Spa Suite and are only the "spa" designated cabins offered the extra ammenities are do the Category 11 and 12 get them also...whatever those amenities are...:)

Thanks all for your help in educating me on the product prior to making a purchasing decision.

Here's my previous post on a different thread that led to this:

This is going to be for my 40th Birthday so I am picking where I want my vacation to be. There's not really a limit, but I want something that is inexpensive and easy! We vacation pretty heavily already and usually go to Aruba for our land based vacations and I considered that, but it is 11 hours flying from our Las Vegas house and that's just too far for a 1 week getaway (and we're going for a month this year anyway). We did Maui in June '09 for 2 weeks and it was nice (Marriott 1 week/Westin 1 week)...not great, but nice...so I don't want to do that. Mexico might be easy too...

Carnival would be easy for sure...if anything, the brand seems consistant. We spend the majority of our time on a ship in our cabin/balcony; that's why we like to have a butler so that we can be served in a dining room in our cabin. We sometimes go to shows, typically do not get off the ship in port, basically just read, watch TV, get some sun...(I'm looking at booking cat. 9A aft balcony for 2, and the adjoining 8M Aft balcony for a single friend of ours--kind of a waste to pay for 2 people when only one will be in the cabin; seems like it would better just to bring someone if you're paying for it already, but my friend will probably want the privacy of his own cabin...cest la vie). When I checked the pricing for the 2 rooms it was only $3,100 for all three of us. Seems like a heck of a bargain! Now I'm thinking the Spa Suite might be more relaxing...

The reason I asked about the Supper Club, which I guess Splendor doesn't even have (looks like they have a steak house), is that I didn't know that Carnival had Anytime Dining. That's great. Frankly, paying the $75 a night is only $500 for a 7 day cruise for three, and would ensure that we'd have a table for 4, so I figure if I have to make my own destiny by paying for it, oh well, as long as the wanted outcome.

Thanks for your help...so if I could pick someones brain one more time...would you take a Spa Suite or Cat 9A? I assume that only the Spa cabins get the extra Spa perks (which I also assume is the thalassotherapy pool), or do the cat. 11 / 12 get it as well?

Thanks as always for the kind help!

There are no amenities offered with regular suites on Carnival, other than VIP embakation and debarkation.

Spa cabins, the first two pax in the cabin get the bracelet which costs $250 for two people.

Carnival Dream Cloud 9 Spa Special Offerings

Guests in Spa accommodations will have exclusive entry access to the adjacent Cloud 9 Spa facilities and will receive a wide array of special offerings including priority Spa appointments, unlimited use of the Thermal Suite and Thalasotherapy Pool, complimentary fitness classes and upgraded in-stateroom amenities.

Carnival Dream Spa Amenities

Note: Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Amenities and offerings available to all the Spa accommodations include the following;

Welcome Reception/Ritual

Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on Embarkation day (as stated in the Welcome Letter).

Unlimited access to Thermal Suites:

Laconium

Tepidarium

Oriental Steam Bath

Aroma Steam Bath

Unlimited access to Thalassotherapy Pool:

Detoxify, unwind and revitalize your body in a pool which is gently heated to body temperature.

Ideal for alleviating arthritic pain, soothing sore muscles and offering relief for sport injuries.

Two complimentary fitness classes per person (Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi)

Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

Cloud 9 Spa Carnival Products in Stateroom:

Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner

Elemis Carnival Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion

One hand and one body Elemis Carnival Soap Disk

The Welcome Reception Ritual

An invitation-only reception, guests will be invited to the Relaxation Room, overlooking the spectacular vistas. From there, the guests will be led on small (maximum 8 people, if traveling together) personalized tours of the spa facilities. At the completion of the tour, guests will be given the opportunity to receive priority spa bookings.

Things to Know

Carnival Dream Spa staterooms and suites are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities.

18 is the minimum age for body treatments and use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool. Hair, nails, facial services and the fitness center can be enjoyed by guests of 13 years and older, provided they are accompanied by their parent or guardian for service and booking.

Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Charges apply for the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite areas for those guests in Non-Spa staterooms.

Only spa cabins get this, not regular suites.

Rather than edit my last post. the Steakhouse = Supper Club, same thing. so yes it does have what is considered to be a supper club.

You could book a different cabin and pay for the spa access, just get there soon enough, because its somewhat limited access, they only sell so many, but Iv heard it is still crowded. You dont need to book a suite to get the spa bracelets, any spa cabin.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DR_SpaAccommodations.htm

Fire has done a pretty good job explaining the perks of the Spa suite etc. A couple of other points: first the Splendor is a wonderful ship. The aft wraps are very nice and the balconies are to die for. The Spa suites are the same size balconies as a regular balcony but the room is significantly larger (dressing room, bath etc.). Also the two floors these are on (spa level rooms) get much less traffic and noise. Good luck in your decision and happy cruising.

Archived