Cunard Floats Out Next Queen

LauraS

• 4 months later...
Check out this news item from Cruise Critic:

Cunard Floats Out Next Queen

Though Cunard isn't usually thought of when it comes to luxury cruising, when you are in the Grills, it definately is! A ship doesn't have to be small to offer luxury. I'm noticing that Seaborn(among others) is now building considerably larger ships.

Seabourn's "considerably larger" ships carry only 450 passengers. not 2650. And the reason Cunard is not really luxury is that unless you spend every minute of your time aboard either in the QG restaurant or lounge you are on a mass market ship. King's Court alone is more than enough to disqualify any ship from the luxury category.

• 1 month later...
Seabourn's "considerably larger" ships carry only 450 passengers. not 2650. And the reason Cunard is not really luxury is that unless you spend every minute of your time aboard either in the QG restaurant or lounge you are on a mass market ship. King's Court alone is more than enough to disqualify any ship from the luxury category.

For mass market, I still find it better than say Carnival(which owns Cunard,Seaborn,HAL,Princess,among others)True, once you leave the Grills it's no longer luxury, but are we afraid of mixing with the great unwashed masses? I prefer Cunard because I like the proper(though not what it was)British formality of dressing up for dinner.

No one's afraid of mixing but it's still not luxury. I'm not afraid of mixing with 5000 guests in a Hilton Hotel but it will never be a Four Seasons even if it has an expensive "fine dining" restaurant similar to the QG. One has to consider the overall experience.

Archived