Here's my review of the Golden holiday sailing!

Scrapchick

GREAT review!!!! Makes me really want to do a Christmas/New Year's cruise. It sounds so magical.

I followed your "Live From" thread and loved that too. Thanks for taking the time to post during your cruise. And thanks for such a well written review. I was on the Golden over Thanksgiving and had a great time. I agree that Princess is a consistent product. Being Elite, I always feel like I am coming "home" when I board a ship.

Thanks again! :D

I'm not good at linking, but hopefully this is the link to the review posted on the CC home page.

Thanks for reading!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=61414

So who was the disappearing CD, and was Ceri the Deputy onboard Golden at that time? She said she was spending Christmas in Hilo.

Ciao for now!!!

GREAT review!!!! Makes me really want to do a Christmas/New Year's cruise. It sounds so magical.

I followed your "Live From" thread and loved that too. Thanks for taking the time to post during your cruise. And thanks for such a well written review. I was on the Golden over Thanksgiving and had a great time. I agree that Princess is a consistent product. Being Elite, I always feel like I am coming "home" when I board a ship.

Thanks again! :D

Thank you, Spingal! I knew you were on the Golden at Thanksgiving... Did you ever manage to get on a spin bike without taking a class?? I did note that the bikes had spd clips on then, but I never got to use them. The classes were full and the bikes sat idle the rest of the time. I did see one passenger using a bike and asked how she was able to do that and she told me she was training for an ironman competition and needed to be on the bike every day so had to pay $85 an hour for a personal training session before she could use the spin bike, even though she never utilized the personal trainer! I figured it could wait till I got home and I battled it out for the ellipticals instead. It was so good to get back in the saddle this week at home!

I completely agree... Getting on a Princess ship is like coming home. Darn it! I should have used that in my review....

I'm not good at linking, but hopefully this is the link to the review posted on the CC home page.

Thanks for reading!

Very nice review. we're sailing in March and enjoyed reading all the nice things about the Golden. I heard that David Cole was the CD and took off for the holidays. Sure hope he's back in March!!

Thank you, Spingal! I knew you were on the Golden at Thanksgiving... Did you ever manage to get on a spin bike without taking a class?? I did note that the bikes had spd clips on then, but I never got to use them. The classes were full and the bikes sat idle the rest of the time. I did see one passenger using a bike and asked how she was able to do that and she told me she was training for an ironman competition and needed to be on the bike every day so had to pay $85 an hour for a personal training session before she could use the spin bike, even though she never utilized the personal trainer! I figured it could wait till I got home and I battled it out for the ellipticals instead. It was so good to get back in the saddle this week at home!

I completely agree... Getting on a Princess ship is like coming home. Darn it! I should have used that in my review....

I did not even try to use one of the bikes. As you probably saw, they had them all tied together so I also decided to just use the treadmills and the ellipitcals. I didn't do any of the classes either. I didn't bring my spinning shoes because I packed too much stuff!! :eek: If I had brought them then I may have done class because I have SPD clips on my shoes. It was good to get home and back to Spinning. It is my favorite workout -- thus the name Spingal!

That is terrible that they would charge someone $85 to use the bike!!! OMG. That is a complete rip off. I feel bad for the gal that had to pay it. I hope someone from Princess is reading this thread. They need to know what the heck happened.

Thanks again for your review and your posts! :D:D

Agree with everyone else...great review! I enjoyed reading the 'LIVE' post as I'm pretty sure we're going to be doing this cruise next year. Has taken a bit to talk DH into it, but after we had a blizzard over Christmas...it has been a bit easier:D

I'm training for a half ironman so I understand the need to be on a bike, run and swim, but wow...$85 for an hour to ride a spin bike...I think I would have really considered some other alternatives (although it sounds like you didn't really have too many other options given the number of people on boards). My husband and I are VERY active...and on our wedding cruise we ran on every island in the morning before going to explore. I think this is part of the reason he isn't too terribly excited to do 4 days pre/post Hawaii on the ship, but I think I can talk him into using the gym for those days...I'll just keep the crowds to myself.

Great review. I checked out the other December reviews and wondering if the two negative ones were on your sailing (probably not). Not to be a cheerleader;), but it seems that most people enjoy the food (their main complaint). Oh, well, you can't please everyone.

Hopefully in the next two or three years (hopefully sooner than later), my family will be joining you and Karatemom in the Hawaiian holiday cruise. Enjoyed it four years ago and enjoyed reliving the memories following the live thread.

I think the other two reviewers were on before we were. What made me suspicious about their reviews was that they both appeared to be brand new to CC, with no posting history that I could find, and they had nothing positive to say at all, about anything on their trip.

I can nit pick with the best of them, but I do try to look for the positive and to at least be balanced! These reviews had very credibility with me and bore no resemblance to the cruise I took, the staf I interacted with, the food I ate...

One poster said it was her first and last cruise, which makes you wonder why she would bother joining CC in the first place if all she wanted to do was slam the cruise line.

Oh wel! Each to their own I suppose...

Scapchick,

I was also on this cruise and I agree 100% with your review - it was a wonderful 2 weeks and most of the time it is what you make of it!!! I have to say one of my favorite parts of the trip was the Hula Show that the Group from Honolulu put on - the children were adorable!!!

Scapchick,

I was also on this cruise and I agree 100% with your review - it was a wonderful 2 weeks and most of the time it is what you make of it!!! I have to say one of my favorite parts of the trip was the Hula Show that the Group from Honolulu put on - the children were adorable!!!

Any why didn't you join our roll call?! Glad you had a great time too. I didn't get to see the hula show but my daughter did, as the kids club staff took all the kids to see it, which was nice.

It really was a great trip...

Archived