Xray machine

jburke1566

It doesnt matter, because even if your suitcase fits thru the xray machine, if its bigger than the carry on size, they will tell you to go back and check it.

Is the garmet bag less than 24 inches?? measure it. thats the size allowed.

Do you think they would allow me to carry this on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Travelers-Club-Luggage-Milano-43-Rolling-Garment-Bag_W0QQitemZ160392035765QQcategoryZ16085QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp2773.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D12%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63

When we checked in for our sailing on the Dream a number of folks had full size suitcases that went through the xray machine without issue.

The same was true of my sailing from Port Everglades on the Splendor and last September on the Conquest.

Carnival FAQs say:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length.

and that surely should be your guideline but, as I've said, I've seen many folks carry on larger bags.

:)

Iv been told by the lady who checks your S&S and passports when you come into the building to go back and check a bag in Galveston ... that they allowed me to carry on in New Orleans.

Other than the little bit of time to walk it back to the porter, I guess it made no difference, but shows its not if the suitcase will go thru but if they will allow you to put it thru. Galveston has also been pickier about not allowing coolers more than 12 X 12 x 12 to go thru, have to discard them.

Archived