Pack and Go Rate

1sttimer2009

where do you find the Pack and go rate?

On the Carnival site go under "Specials". There will be a box on the bottom right corner with people in inner tubes (from Atlantis actually) with the pack and Go specials. Follow the link. They only advertise these specials from Wednesday to Sat night. They can be great last minute deals, but they work like a guarantee cabin does. In other words, you pick the category and they pick your cabin.

The Pack N Go rate is a Guarantee rate. Carnival will place you in a cabin no lower than what you paid for. You might get an upgrade.

The key to happiness for any guarantee rate is to be expecting to get the worst cabin in the guarantee category. And be pleasantly surprised when that does not happen.

That's why I was like what will I get because they have a bal for like $389 on the 4 day on the Triumph for 2/25 sailing. That's why I was like yeah right.

The Pack N Go rate is a Guarantee rate. Carnival will place you in a cabin no lower than what you paid for. You might get an upgrade.

The key to happiness for any guarantee rate is to be expecting to get the worst cabin in the guarantee category. And be pleasantly surprised when that does not happen.

I have only done one Pack and go rate gty. cruise. My PVP knows what I am looking for in a cabin cat and location. I did not even get to experience the "what cabin will I be in" syndrome. Within ten minutes of booking the cruise with him I had a cabin assignment. 1A porthole on the Holiday, it don't get no better than that as far as I am concerned. And it is hard to beat the price of the Pack and go specials.

On the Carnival site go under "Specials". There will be a box on the bottom right corner with people in inner tubes (from Atlantis actually) with the pack and Go specials. Follow the link. They only advertise these specials from Wednesday to Sat night. They can be great last minute deals, but they work like a guarantee cabin does. In other words, you pick the category and they pick your cabin.

Thanks...

Not that I can use it, but hey, a girl sometimes just has to know!

Would anyone happen to have a link to the specials page? For some reason in the last few weeks carnival's site just wants to crash my windows. I have no clue why as it started all of the sudden. I'd say it was about the time the updated and added the little character to the page....

Would anyone happen to have a link to the specials page? For some reason in the last few weeks carnival's site just wants to crash my windows. I have no clue why as it started all of the sudden. I'd say it was about the time the updated and added the little character to the page....

Same thing has started happening to me! Very frustrating since my husband and I have been looking to book another cruise in the near future!

How good is the room on the pack and go rate? The reason I asked is because it is way lower than past guest but you don't get to pick your room. I guess I'm asking if it is really a good of deal as it looks?

I recently booked two pack and go cruises. One on the Fantasy before she left New Orleans and one on the Triumph soon after she arrived in New Orleans.

Both cruises we were given cabins midship on the Empress deck. I was expecting Riviera deck, but was pleasantly surprised:!!!!

Hopefully I can jump on another pack and go during the spring!

What do you use the code for?

The link worked for me and does show that great balcony deal and even let you pick a cabin the choices looked good to me.

Thanks for posting.

If you cant get to the specials page, then you can go to the booking page and put in the code, and see if it applies.

I think Ill stick with waiting for the specials page to load, as so few ever apply to galveston. waste of time plugging in the code.

I have only done one Pack and go rate gty. cruise. My PVP knows what I am looking for in a cabin cat and location. I did not even get to experience the "what cabin will I be in" syndrome. Within ten minutes of booking the cruise with him I had a cabin assignment. 1A porthole on the Holiday, it don't get no better than that as far as I am concerned. And it is hard to beat the price of the Pack and go specials.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but PVP's have no input or decision factor regarding your stateroom location when booking a GTY. Stateroom location is decided by "revenue management"... and just because you had an assignment so quickly had nothing to do with them at all. ;)

If you are a senior ( I guess over 60), then the senior rate is even better than pack and go.

At least it was for me for my cruise.

Not usually. Usually senior can be lower than pack n go too, ... and you only have to be 55 to get senior for cruises.

Im glad its not 65 like airlines.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but PVP's have no input or decision factor regarding your stateroom location when booking a GTY. Stateroom location is decided by "revenue management"... and just because you had an assignment so quickly had nothing to do with them at all. ;)

Actually, Im not entirely sure you are right, even though I know you are a TA. My PVP told me she told them what we might like when she was changing our cabin to a last minute guarantee and upgrading us and said she was glad it worked out. Why would she be telling them what cabin we might like if she had no influence. This might have been different because it was last minute and she had to go thru supervisors to upgrade us.

Actually, Im not entirely sure you are right, even though I know you are a TA. My PVP told me she told them what we might like when she was changing our cabin to a last minute guarantee and upgrading us and said she was glad it worked out. Why would she be telling them what cabin we might like if she had no influence. This might have been different because it was last minute and she had to go thru supervisors to upgrade us.

In speaking with PVP's that I have querried on this topic, those I have spoken with have stated that have -0- influence on the FINAL outcome on stateroom location, but that they can make requests but w/out guarantee it will be met. So you may be partially right on that point.

Take it hell yeah!!:D Unless you're picky, go for it. We are not because we are in the room to sleep and shower, and thats it. It's 14 degrees out tonight, pretty cold, been that way all week. That's why when I saw this pack-n-go this last week I grabbed it. We got the Triumph out 2-20-10 on a 5 day for 5 of us for under 1200.00!!! We're paying 47.00 a day!! Hell yeah! They can put me in a box if they want to. LOL. Really I asked my PVP what our chances of being in the bottom of the ship and she said the bottoms already booked. So I gotta great chance of even having a decent room! But really the Pack-N-Go are great. I watch them for the cruises you want to take just because.

Archived