Side-by-side double stroller on the Oasis?

Hi, my wife and I would like to take our side-by-side double stroller on our upcoming Jan 16th Oasis cruise. Since these strollers are wider than regular strollers, does anyone who has been on the ship think it would be a problem? Has anyone who has been on the ship seen parents wheeling their kids around in side-by-side double strollers? (I posted this question on the general RCI forum before I saw there was a specific Oasis of the Seas forum, but nobody specifically mentioned their views of side-by-side double strollers.) Thanks!

I've never seen anyone with a double wide stroller (and I've done 35 cruises) on a ship. It would be much too wide in my opinion to manuver around any ship. I also think getting on an elevator would be hard too. Where would you even put it when not in use. I see it taking up too much space in a cabin. My suggestion is to buy 2 umbrellar strollers to use on ship.

Just returned from Oasis cruise with our 10 m o granddaughter. I can't imagine trying to negotiate the ship with a side-by-side stroller let alone storing it in the cabin unless, you have a suite. The stateroom hallways are always obstructed with cleaning carts and other equipment that make getting thru with a wide stroller very difficult.

Just getting on the elevator will be a chore. Highly recommend umbrella strollers for ease of maneuvering and storing in the cabin.

I agree, a side by side stroller simply isn't going to work on a cruise. Walking space is already limited and not only would that type of stroller simply not work (in regards to elevators, walkways and public ares, in my opinon it'd just be rude to take up so much space. Bring a single file double stroller or two tiny umbrella strollers as other's have suggested. You might want to call RCCL and ask about stroller use.

Don't forget to sign up asap when you board for daycare time slots. Good Luck and I hope you have big fun on your cruise!

Hi, my wife and I would like to take our side-by-side double stroller on our upcoming Jan 16th Oasis cruise. Since these strollers are wider than regular strollers, does anyone who has been on the ship think it would be a problem? Has anyone who has been on the ship seen parents wheeling their kids around in side-by-side double strollers? (I posted this question on the general RCI forum before I saw there was a specific Oasis of the Seas forum, but nobody specifically mentioned their views of side-by-side double strollers.) Thanks!

Double wide stroller on any cruise isn't going to work well at all.

I did see a couple of families with side by side double strollers, but they were the smaller peg perego aria and the jeep one I think. So the larger, full size double stroller would be difficult, but I think you'd be fine with a smaller, umbrella type side-by-side. I did also see a double jogging stroller, that barely fit (but did fit) through doorways.

hope that helps!

I say......Leave the kids and strollers at Grandma's, Take the Wife and Yourself on a little Vaca and Enjoy. Your kids are too young to enjoy the ship and will never remember anyway.

Picture it......Mom and Dad ( Brother and wife, both early 30's) and Bill and I went on the AOS out of San Juan, had a blast..every picture had nothing but smiles.........

2 years later, their kids came, 2 little boys....all of the pictures.....:(...No joke....Just too young to enjoy the experiance.

Good luck!

Mike

Hi, my wife and I would like to take our side-by-side double stroller on our upcoming Jan 16th Oasis cruise. Since these strollers are wider than regular strollers, does anyone who has been on the ship think it would be a problem? !

Your fellow passengers will appreciate it very much if you do not bring a side-by-side. The stateroom corridors are not very wide at all, and there were usually numerous housekeeping carts already parked in them. I can't even imagine trying to maneuver a side-by-side stroller through them. Likewise, the "walkway" areas around the pool are often narrow, due to the placement of deck chairs, and the elevators are not large either. IMO, if you must bring a double stroller, it would be well worth it to maybe invest in a front-to-back umbrella stroller.

I say......Leave the kids and strollers at Grandma's, Take the Wife and Yourself on a little Vaca and Enjoy. Your kids are too young to enjoy the ship and will never remember anyway.

Picture it......Mom and Dad ( Brother and wife, both early 30's) and Bill and I went on the AOS out of San Juan, had a blast..every picture had nothing but smiles.........

2 years later, their kids came, 2 little boys....all of the pictures.....:(...No joke....Just too young to enjoy the experiance.

Good luck!

Mike

The question was not whether to take kids or not...they have obviously made that decision. Glad you had a great time on your cruise but the OP was not asking that either. When you see a thread asking whether to take kids or not...then you might give your opinion. This thread is about strollers...OK??

Deb

The question was not whether to take kids or not...they have obviously made that decision. Glad you had a great time on your cruise but the OP was not asking that either. When you see a thread asking whether to take kids or not...then you might give your opinion. This thread is about strollers...OK??

Deb

Deb, you are awesome!! :) My wife and I have been on 3 cruises--all Disney--2 with our little girl, and our third we added our infant son. We only went on the Oasis because it was the first non-Disney ship with a nursery. The price of adding our kids on this Oasis cruise was nuts--an extra $1500 (for a 2.5 year old, and a 8 month old!!!) And yes, they won't remember any of it, but my wife and I will, and we love having them with us. The memories and pictures have been, and will be pricess. :) All that being said, sounds like a double stroller won't work for us, and we'll just use two strollers like we did on the last cruise. Thanks everyone for their valuable input!!

Skyhigh:

Well I guess I will go a little off topic as well but want to tell you how wonderful the nursery was for our granddaughter. Those girls could not have been any more accomodating, caring, and sweet. They made my DIL so comfortable that she did not worry one bit and this was the first time leaving the baby in the hands of someone other than family.

So Oasis was a great pick for a family! I do sympathize with your wallet though...ouch..so painful to pay full price for little ones.

Enjoy!

Deb

Skyhigh:

Well I guess I will go a little off topic as well but want to tell you how wonderful the nursery was for our granddaughter. Those girls could not have been any more accomodating, caring, and sweet. They made my DIL so comfortable that she did not worry one bit and this was the first time leaving the baby in the hands of someone other than family.

So Oasis was a great pick for a family! I do sympathize with your wallet though...ouch..so painful to pay full price for little ones.

Enjoy!

Deb

Deb, my wife will really appreciate hearing that and it makes me feel good too. Thanks so much :)

We just returned from the Oasis and I saw a couple of families with side by side strollers, one was "parked" outside their cabin a couple of doors away from us. Hope you enjoy your cruise with your children, the Oasis is a great ship.

I personally would not recommend it. We saw a few families with side-by-side strollers as well. The Promenade and Boardwalk would be fine, but it looked like a pain to maneuver in the stateroom corriders, the Windjammer, and the pool area (when the chaises are scattered all over the deck).

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived