Anytime dining

We've chosen this option for dinner rather than the early or late seating. I know there isn't a time or table assignment but do they still assign a dining room? THANX

On the ships that have multiple dining rooms you are assigned to a specific one.

I have read a few reviews that the anytime dining on the Dream had slow service. Possibly due to not having enough staff.

I would love to hear some feedback from people that have done the anytime dining, Dream or other ship.

We love freestyle on NCL, but if service is slow on Carnival I might change and pic a dinner time..

I have read a few reviews that the anytime dining on the Dream had slow service. Possibly due to not having enough staff.

I would love to hear some feedback from people that have done the anytime dining, Dream or other ship.

We love freestyle on NCL, but if service is slow on Carnival I might change and pic a dinner time..

We have done anytime twice on the Legend. We find that it is up to the diners to control the pace of dinner. You can eat in as little as 45 minutes, or you can linger as long as you want.

There is some myth that there have been staff cutbacks, etc. This is simply not true. the ships are fully staffed and service is more than acceptable.

McDonald's and Burger King have "Anytime Dining."

Just wait, within five years that will be the only type of dining on most cruise lines including Carnival. The days of sitting with complete strangers, at the same table night after night are drawing to a close.

Thank goodness!!!!!!

Four of us just off the Legend and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED anytime/your time dining. The service was fantastic. Had the same server a few nights, but all servers were equally wonderful. NEVER had to wait for a table, and we went at different times each night. This dining option will always be our choice for future cruises... we like the flexibility and choice of who to dine with and when.

Four of us just off the Legend and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED anytime/your time dining. The service was fantastic. Had the same server a few nights, but all servers were equally wonderful. NEVER had to wait for a table, and we went at different times each night. This dining option will always be our choice for future cruises... we like the flexibility and choice of who to dine with and when.

we enjoyed the service (& food) on our Legend sailing too:).

We were on upper level, still had lots of 'action' dancing, singing...with my tween pressed into service every night;).

Curious w/anytime dining, did they still do the hoopla in the designated area you dined (upper or lower level?)

we enjoyed the service (& food) on our Legend sailing too:).

We were on upper level, still had lots of 'action' dancing, singing...with my tween pressed into service every night;).

Curious w/anytime dining, did they still do the hoopla in the designated area you dined (upper or lower level?)

Yep... plenty of hoopla! Anytime dining was on the upper level, one side, of Truffles dining room.

Can you get a table for two with anytime dining? We will be on the Dream.

Certainly you can!

Due to the popularity of tables for two in Your Time dining there may be a wait. If a table is not available when you arrive at the dining room you'll be given a pager kind of thing that will buzz to let you know that your table is ready.

The longest wait that I've heard for for a two top has been about 20 minutes... just about enough time for a cocktail...

;)

We've chosen this option for dinner rather than the early or late seating. I know there isn't a time or table assignment but do they still assign a dining room? THANX

Yes. Mostly upstairs in thedining room. It's a great option to free up time to do other things. Downside is not getting to know your servers - & on Dream - not having the wait staff up on the pedestals dancing or listening to Ken singing.

We did anytime dining this past August on the Liberty and LOVED it. It was so nice to be able to have some flexibility. I agree that with the Anytime Dining you seem to be able to "control" the pace a bit. You can spread it out to a 2 hour affair if you wish, or you can be in and out in 45 minutes if you want !

We loved our waitstaff after the first night and asked for them each night. Longest wait we had was about 5 minutes! :)

Going on the Pride next month and chose this option again. To be honest, I don't think I would ever want to go back to a scheduled time, though I understand some people love the traditional dining.

Is anytime dining on EVERY Carnival ship, even Triumph and Fantasy or Ecstasy? Or is it just on the newer ships?

Hopefully this schedule is still accurate... this is from bookccl dot com...

“Your Time” open seating is currently available on 12 ships and will be implemented one ship at a time as modifications in dining room table configurations are completed on each ship. The implementation will be completed fleet wide by summer 2010.

Your Time Open Seating Dining

Dinner

5:45pm-9:30pm

Code - O

Ship

First Saildate Offered

Option Open in System

Carnival Legend

Offered on board since 6/29/08

Yes

Carnival Liberty

Offered on board since 11/01/08

Yes

Carnival Sensation

Offered on board since 2/26/08

Yes

Carnival Paradise

Offered on board since 3/20/09

Yes

Carnival Miracle

Offered on board since 3/29/09

Yes

Carnival Elation

Offered on board since 4/26/09

Yes

Carnival Conquest

Offered on board since 4/26/09

Yes

Carnival Pride

Offered on board since 4/27/09

Yes

Carnival Fantasy

Offered on board since 6/03/09

Yes

Carnival Imagination

Offered on board since 6/05/09

Yes

Carnival Spirit

Offered on board since 6/13/09

Yes

Carnival Inspiration

Offered on board since 7/09/09

Yes

Carnival Destiny

Offered on board since 9/17/09

Yes

Carnival Dream

Offered on board since 9/18/09

Yes

Carnival Ecstasy

Offered on board since 10/31/09

Yes

Carnival Victory

11/28/09 *

Yes

Carnival Freedom

1/02/10

Yes

Carnival Triumph

1/28/10

Yes

Carnival Glory

2/28/10

Yes

Carnival Fascination

3/29/10

Yes

Carnival Valor

5/02/10

Yes

Carnival Splendor

5/30/10

Yes

* Your Time Dining not offered on the Carnival Victory Barbados roundtrip cruises.

Archived