Is it cold in air conditioned areas of ship-Nav of Sea-Jan 30

welovecruzin

I did not read it on boards but was told by friend that it is very cold in the dining room and in the shows because of a/c. Anyone care to comment. We will be on Navigator of Seas end of January. Trying to get clothing together for packing. Wondering if we need sweaters.

Thanks for asking this question.

I posed it in other threads, but never got an answer.

Going on RCL Grandeur on Feb 1, and HATE AC. Always too cold, so now I am rethinking my entire packing list to forget the sleeveless attire and add more sweaters, etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I've never been too cold inside the ship, and I chill easily. I do get a bit chilly on deck at night---it's quite windy! (Plus, it messes up my hair!!)

I doubt you'll need sweaters.....bring something lightweight that you can wear over your sleeveless tops! Chances are, you won't need it!

As most guys go, I have not noticed. However, DW has complained about it being a little chilly. This is normally when first entering a large venue, like the dining room or theater. When the room fills up, everyone's body heat warms the place up. I think that's why they keep it coll beforehand.

I've been to two weddings (Aug and October) where the AC was blasting so hard that I was extremely uncomfortable-and I was wearing a dinner suit.

I had my hands turn blue. No matter what, I will have sweaters, sweatshirt and jacket on board ship.

My DS and DGF just came off of Navigator, and the DGF said she always brought a little cardigan with her to dinner and all of the public areas. I personally hate being cold. Regardless of where you are (we have been on cruises in the Southern Caribbean where it is hot outside, and in AK where it is absolutely freezing outside) large public spaces anywhere can be cool. So, bring something small that will come in handy "just in case".:)

I always have a sweater of some type I take on cruises, especially for the dining room and for the shows. It always seems to be very chilly in those areas. Sometimes I don't need the sweater, but I would rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it!

Welovecruzin--we will be on the 1-25 and 1-30 Navigator!

I have always found it uncomfortably cold inside the ships, regardless of the cruise line. However, I'm a Floridian and used to warm (hot) weather. Even during August Caribbean cruises, I always pack sweaters, and I'm never sorry. It's always better to be prepared.

We are on that same cruise! I hope the weather warms up by then. I agree- bring a sweater and sometimes I take a large scarf or shawl along, looks better with your dressy outfits. The A/C is always too strong, men love it but most women shiver! See you by the pool!

I have found interior rooms of cruise ships to often be a bit on the chilly side. I was talking about this during my last cruise and someone commented that it is done to create unfavorable conditions for viruses to spread. I do not know if there is any truth to this, but thought it was an interesting possibility.

Archived