new cruise, same wardrobe

samandkate

I travel quite a lot and am fortunate to have girlfiends of the same size. We swap clothes - that way we get a new look for no money - brilliant AND also get to wear styles I wouldn't normally consider in an environment where nobody knows me!

That is a great way to do it! I have actually loaned out all of my cruise-worthy attire to friends for their cruises. In fact, I bought a BCBG dress on Ebay of all places. I paid a whopping $1.99. Figured I would give it a try. If it didn't look good on or in person then I wasn't out any money. Turns out the dress is stunning! That dress is the most asked for dress among my friends! I would say I definitely got my money's worth on that one. I will have to call in a returned favor and dip into their closets! Thanks for the recommendation!!

I love to shop so I always buy some new stuff for each cruise. I do have some favorite beach sarongs that I always take along. I shop at places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Ross 4 Less where you can get designer stuff really cheap! I usually buy my bathings suits at the end of the season sales and get new ones every year. I just got a really trendy black sequined jacket at Forever 21 (I was shocked that it fit - cause those clothes are mostly for young, thin women and I'm fluffy and 63:eek:). But, hey it fit!:D! I"m taking it on my next cruise along with a pair of black silk palazzo pants I've traveled with for years. So, I guess you could say I have a few oldie goldies that I cruise with and always have something new!:D OMG, I love to cruise!:)

Yes , I take a lot of the same favorites on cruises, there are just some things that suit cruising. And I will bargin shop for a couple new things to switch it up a bit , but for the most part I pack they same stuff. And I still always have a good time.

Cori

our tablemates were a couple in their 90's who had cruised for years. They wore the same outfits for both formal nights, she in a nice suit and he was dressed in a suit, also. She told us that they cruised as many times a year as they could. They lived on a limited income, however, and did not partake in any outside activities that cost money. At the Captains welcome cocktail party, they were honored for the number of cruises they had taken and had a couple of drinks. That was the only time he was allowed to drink anything, was when it was included. Other than that, she allowed him to have one beer when they went dancing!!

Guess what! Nobody even noticed they had on the same suit for both formal nights, she was the one who brought it up. WHO CARED??? They were so sweet, no one noticed what they wore. I just hope they're still cruising!!! ~B~

Most of my cruise clothes come from my existing wardrobe. When I have a cruise booked, I will keep the cruise in mind as I shop, but even the things I buy new for the cruise will be incorporated into my regular wardrobe afterwards. I love to bargain shop and buy all my clothes on deep discount. I know when all the department stores have their "take an extra % off" sales, and I have several favorite outlets, resale and consignment shops.

I agree with you 100% - half the time I don't remember what I wore....LOL

I don't remember either until I look at pictures. I have picture from 2007 and one from 2009 wearing the same shirt. Didn't realize this until I saw the pictures sitting next to each other. (I think I'm leaving that shirt at home this trip, and yes I still have it)

Archived