Scrapbooking?

lelalenore

I received capers from the Dec 26 sailing of the Ecstasy and was suprised to see two different sessions for scrapbooking. I love scrapbooking but with work, kids, etc I never get to work on my books. So, scrapbooking on vacation would be fun for me! (kinda lame, I know! lol:o)

Anyway, I know I am not bringing my scrapooking stuff on board:eek:, but how do these sessions work? Are they teaching classes? Do they just give you a bunch of supplies and let you work on pages to take home for cruise pictures?:confused:

I'm excited! :)

Conquest I think had 3 sessions. They had some free stuff and some to buy both. You used special scissors and pinks the edges and made stuff.

I just watched. Im not artsy, but I watched them do pictures of Conquest from things they picked up into pages for I guess your scrap book. Different colors they added somehow. Thats about all I picked up from watching almost a hour!!! lol. I knew some ladies in the group and wanted to visit, but not into scrap booking.

Guest bahamamama1
Conquest I think had 3 sessions. They had some free stuff and some to buy both. You used special scissors and pinks the edges and made stuff.

I just watched. Im not artsy, but I watched them do pictures of Conquest from things they picked up into pages for I guess your scrap book. Different colors they added somehow. Thats about all I picked up from watching almost a hour!!! lol. I knew some ladies in the group and wanted to visit, but not into scrap booking.

I would LOVE to do that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to take a while to do just a couple of pages, so you start one session and can come back and work on your pages at the next session with their stuff. All I remember is the pinking scissors, similar to what my mom used for sewing in the old days, that makes marks like teeth up and down and some different colors of papers you were supposed to attach artfully to the papers.

The stuff you bought had Carnival ships and stuff if you didnt want to use cut out ships from drink menus or from the pursers desk they brought stuff to use.

Girls, it is NOT what you are thinking of when they say scrapbooking session, unless they've changed it. I went to the two session on our Valor cruise. It's basically some of the entertainment staff with the scrapbooking stuff they sell at the photographer's place. They put it out and you can stick something together, but it is no way like a crop or people sitting around making pages.

They did have specials if you attended. There were two scrapbooking packs available. If you bought both packs and came to the session, then you got a free pack of ship photographs. They were beautiful pictures and I'm glad I got them.

Stop by but don't plan on staying the whole time.

Yes... It's some of the entertainment staff or cruise director's staff... But I say it's VERY FUN and HELPFUL!!!! I think it depends on the ability and interest of who's doing it!!!

The sesions are typically on the Sea Days around lunchtime...

Yes, they are quite limited -- but that doesn't mean not helpful!!! I found LOTS OF HELP from fellow pax. And I used the glue, paper and cutters of the staff. They have scalloping scissors, colored pages, and glue and paste on dots, and edge cutters...

A few of us made cards for soecial on board occaisons... I also made pages -- but you must buy the background pages. It's only 1/2 hour to 45 minutes... So don't plan on much. BUT you can take some supplies and stay past time and keep working... Just take your own glue then!!!

I think you have your answers from the various posts. It is not a true Crop with suggestions, various tools to use and techniqies to try. It is basic at best. As mentioned, the Kits are offered for sale and can be very nice; something you can't just buy in the Photo department. Also, they may give away some "ship" photos, too. I too will try to stop by on our upcoming Freedom cruise.

I believe the kit you are talking about is $19.96 for three sets of pages and stickers. They are great!!!

And they have two kinds of albums with pages included. A soft sided one... look at the fourth picture, it's right at the bottom...

The hard cover ones are there but only the side of them...

I have been to 3 different scrapbooking classes on different ships and I have found that unless you buy one of the kits (which are really nice) or bring your own scrapbooking supplies, they really don't have much to offer. I talked to one of the girl's in charge (a CD assistant) and she said that they have to provide their own scissors, glue sticks, ribbons, etc... as Carnival does not pay for it. Needless to say, I found all 3 classes lacking ( I didn't purchase the kits as I get alot of my stuff elsewhere). It is a fun way to spend an hour or so but most people left after 30 minutes (those that bought the kits). Everyone else left earlier... I have decided that for my next cruise, if I really want to scrapbook, I will bring a small carry-on with papers, glue, ribbons, stickers, stamps, ink, etc... to help out during class. That way more people can enjoy it too!

BTW: Some one asked one of the assistants if they brought their own supplies, could they sell them onboard to other passengers who needed things to scrapbook that's not already provided? Her answer: NO, but she didn't know how anyone could stop you if they didn't see you doing it. I did mention how much is needed for the class to Sr Cruise Director John Heald and he said he would look into it. It looks like from the above posts that nothing has changed yet. Maybe someday.... :(

I've not been to the classes and hope to on our cruise in April. I just wanted to say---I bought a few of the kits and the soft sided album with the squishy side. I'm scrapbooking our last trip for my mom as a christmas present. Some of it is finished, but I'm still working (:rolleyes:...) I brought what I had done to show some folks at work and everyone LOVED the album. I will be buying one for myself on the next ship if there is one available. And as another side note, I'm going to prepare door decorations with my scrapbooking supplies before we board the ship. I did that on the last cruise and lots of people enjoyed it. It certainly made finding our room easy too.

Hey Lamb, was the Carnival guy in your pictures named Chris? He looks like our favorite entertainment person from the Inspiration in December, but he didn't have that luxurious mane of hair. Funny!

I didn't attend the sessions on my cruise because I figured it would be beginner/sales pitch, but I did buy some supplies... got a great pack of cruise/tropical papers and accessories for $14.99, and also a really pretty 12x12 album for the same price. I was shocked that the prices were super-reasonable and comparable to land prices.

OMG I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Freedom will have this!

I was on the Freedom in Jan 2009 and I did not see any classes and we are three avid scrapbookers so I can assure you someone would have seen it and we would have checked it out. There was actually a group of "scrapbookers" on board but they had booked their group cruise for scrapbooking and they were hauling around container fulls of stuff to the convention room where they were set up.

Archived