Where does ship dock?

jocelysue

Post your question on the specific board of your cruise line here (e.g., if Carnival, go to the Carnival board). Post your ship and destination ports, and other recent guests will help you out. Most places it will be standard (so the answer they give you should remain correct), but in some places where actual docks are few and ships in port that day are many, it may be questionable whether you tender or dock. There is a site that tells you how many ships are in certain ports on dates, but I can't recall what that is. It's been posted on cruise critic many times, so search around and you might find it.

Thanks ever so much Weltek. You understood the point of my question which, I must admit, was poorly put.

What I was trying to find out was where to search for the docking place where ships are tendered into, etc.

I'm sorry that I was misunderstood by persons who thought I was looking for the port mentioned in the itinerary whereas I was looking for the dock or pier no. itself .

For example, when a ships docks in Oahu does it dock near Waikiki or on the other side of the island? That's the type of info I'm looking for so as to better prepare shore excursions.

Will search CC again, as you suggest, & request info from pertinent cruise line itself.

Thanks

The majority of ports only have one pier (may handle multiple ships). Even in cases where a pier may be designated prior to the criuse, it is subject to change except for embarkation and disembarkation. The only desination I've seen where piers are well separated is Cozumel. If you are concerned about independent tour operators meeting you, they should have no problem as long as they know your ship name.

Wayne S.

Archived