"Your Ticket to Dine" Now Available Fleet-Wide

pintessential

Actually it DOES add something of value to Cruise critic, it adds the opposite side of the coin. NOT everything about cruising is sweetness and light but SOME CC'ers would like you to think it IS.

I am SURE I am on the list of negative posters, but I don't only post the negative, when there is something positive to say I say it too.

What I do post is HONEST opinion, tell it like it is not like I might like it to be, and things one should watch out for or be aware of.

To some that is negativity.

Bravo! True freedom of speech means hearing all voices - if you don't like what someone is saying, you don't have to read their post. Making such a stink over someone having a differing opinion when that opinion has no effect on you other than that you choose to let it have on you is a bit baffling to me.

Any recent cruisers know if they offer 2 for 1 deals? They offered 2 for 1 early dining on my 2008 Jewel cruise, but not 2009 Spirit.

I may be interested in this for my Jan Star cruise, but would be disappointed to find out later they offer 2-1 early dining.

There were NO 2/1 deals on our very recent 12/6/09 Star Panama Canal sailing. Only the newly instituted Ticket To Dine program. We did have a new coupon book and used the only dining coupon: Dinner for 2 at Le Bistro gets you ONE free ($10. value) dinner at the Tex Mex restaurant.

I have a question for those that bought it on the Pearl. The book has coupons that you pull out- right? Can 2 different people use the same coupon book? The reason I ask is because I will buy 2 books for my 2 kids, but my husband and I get Le Bistro for free so the 3 restaurant pkg is not worth it for us. It's not a large $ amount, but I was wondering. That way I will buy 3 tickets to dine.

I am still wondering can I mix Cagneys, Le Bistro and Asian as the 3?

Thanks

I have a question for those that bought it on the Pearl. The book has coupons that you pull out- right? Can 2 different people use the same coupon book? The reason I ask is because I will buy 2 books for my 2 kids, but my husband and I get Le Bistro for free so the 3 restaurant pkg is not worth it for us. It's not a large $ amount, but I was wondering. That way I will buy 3 tickets to dine.

I am still wondering can I mix Cagneys, Le Bistro and Asian as the 3?

Thanks

On our 12/6 Star cruise the 3 option was: Cagney's; Le Bistro OR Soho; TexMex OR Italian. Perhaps the choices have changed since our cruise?

Thanks. That is the way it was originally shown, I thought maybe they changed it and let you select your own 3.

I guess I will know in a few weeks.

12/6 on the Star is about when it was first introduced, so that is why the poster's response conforms to the trial run as it was announced. It's only starting(apparently) to be introduced to other ships now. you really need as post-trial run answer. As you said, you'll find out soon enough.

Hello all,

I received an email from NCL in my inbox this afternoon stating "Your Ticket to Dine" is now available across the whole fleet. I believe its the same packages that have previously only been available on the Pearl.

For the first time, it appears you have the option to pre-book the packages with your travel agent. You can also still purchase them on-board during embarkation.

You can view the email online at:

http://ebm.email.ncl.com/c/tag/hBLS010B7yHxAB74HwuJsMluesK/doc.html

Here are the three options that were previously offered on the Pearl (copied from another thread):

1. 3 Restaurant visits:

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian or Tex Mex

_____

$50 Package Value

Package Price $40pp

OR

2. 4 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

_____

$60 Package Value

Package Price $48pp

OR

3. 5 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro

$15 Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

$75 Package Value

Package Price $60pp

If Le Bistro is currently $25.00 on the Gem I assume these prices will be adjusted..Either way if they are not offering 2/1 then this is the next best option..

We also sail on Wednesday....and if the Ticket to Dine is indeed available, we will be purchasing the 5 restaurant plan. Even if the price is adjusted for Le Bistro, we'll still be saving, and experiencing all of the specialties!! :)

We also sail on Wednesday....and if the Ticket to Dine is indeed available, we will be purchasing the 5 restaurant plan. Even if the price is adjusted for Le Bistro, we'll still be saving, and experiencing all of the specialties!! :)

I hesitate between the 3 or 4 restaurants package. As much as I enjoyed the Asian restaurant on my first few cruises, on the Jewel we went twice and I thought it was just OK (DBF enjoyed it very much - I guess it's just a matter of personnal taste for their new menu). The Bistro (Filet Mignon), The Tex-Mex (Il Popo) and the Italian (Osso Bucco) were all superb (didn't go to Teppenyaki or Cagney's last time).

Enjoy your cruise!

Please let us know if you pick any three and can 2 people use the same book of coupons. Thanks!

Has anyone had any luck booking the dining package? I mean for cruises farther out than February? My PCC says it is NOT available yet for our July cruise on the Pearl to Alaska. Does anyone have some evidence to the contrary?

Thanks,

InThe

I tried also-no luck. I see that the folks who have done it are on the Pearl & Star SOON. I wonder if the letter is really just intended for them (those ships would still be in the test period)

I tried also-no luck.

Thank you M.B. My PCC said she'd asked around, including her sup, and if this has been rolled out for all time over the whole fleet, they had no knowledge of it.

We've done the MDR on the previous two cruises, with only one visit to Le Bistro as part of the Romance Package. This time to Alaska, we want to mix it up a bit, and hope to score the five restaurant package.

Cheers,

InThe

Thank you M.B. My PCC said she'd asked around, including her sup, and if this has been rolled out for all time over the whole fleet, they had no knowledge of it.

Cheers,

InThe

I am on the phone with my PCC now. It is not available fleet wide yet. I think that they have received many calls from CC readers, but it is not fleet wide until a future date.

We are looking forward to purchasing the booklets!

Just ordered my "Your Ticket to Dine" package from my PCC for my cruise next week.

Enjoy

Hey, you guys have a great time. I can't believe it is almost here! My mom and I wish we were going to cruise with you guys again.

Maybe another time.

I am on the phone with my PCC now. It is not available fleet wide yet. I think that they have received many calls from CC readers, but it is not fleet wide until a future date.

We are looking forward to purchasing the booklets!

I also checked with my TA this morning and he indicated that it is not yet available fleetwide after a check with NCL. Hopefully will be available by the time we cruise in June 2010:D

Seems the New Year has brought lots of negativity. Folks if your not happy with the cruise set up then find another line, go land vacation or better yet stay home and bitch at your partner and let the rest of us enjoy the cruise.

No bitching from me.

If I want bubbly, I'll buy it... same for coffee (specialty). Just give me the ocean and a nice balcony, a bed, a pillow, a butler, a concierge, someone to run trivia... etc.

Seriously...

I am on the phone with my PCC now. It is not available fleet wide yet.

Just goes to show the power of a rumor. Of course, it didn't help that the email from NCL that the OP posted did NOT include any sort of qualifiers such as "Available only on The Norwegian xxxxx through yy/yy/20yy."

For another example of the power of a rumor, see: http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com/trivia74.html

InTheCruisingYearsOfLife is old enough to remember the bare-naked grocery shelves. Oh the humanity of it all.

InThe

Just ordered my "Your Ticket to Dine" package from my PCC for my cruise next week.

Enjoy

Hey, you guys have a great time. I can't believe it is almost here! My mom and I wish we were going to cruise with you guys again.

Maybe another time.

I'll second that-Been a while D-man, but have a great cruise

After reading some of the earlier post, a new question came up.

If we are able to book in advance depending on our cabin category, what if by chance you never get an available seating in a rest. from your package (bc it does state you can't visit 2 of the same rest.) and you have unused dinners bc of this, will they refund a portion of your package price back or will we just have to eat it?

Sounds like a great idea but not if your going to be constantly told there is nothing available. I wonder how NCL will work this one out.

Archived