Jewel questions

ck53

We are booked on an 11 day cruise from Miami on 2/22/10 aboard the Jewel and have several questions;

What deck and dining room is "My Time" dining?

What two nights are formal? Which is most prevalent on formal nights, jacket & tie or suits?

Is one spot better than any other for sail away?

Is there a " Cafe Promenade" type place? One of our group loves their fresh sandwiches and cookies.

Any special things about the Jewel that would be great to know?

Thanks for the answers!!:)

An amazing ship! I was just on it for the Ultimate Panama itinirary, is this the 11 day you are referring to?

Formal Nights- The second night and the night in between Aruba and Columbia (I believe it was the 5th night.)

MTD- The second floor of the dining room, so I believe Floor 5. We loved it! We had a great girl from Jamaica but I cannot remember her name (she had the best recommendations when we weren't sure), we sat in the back corner near the windows/kitchen.

No promenade... but there are cookies and deserts at the Latte-tudes and there is the Seaview Cafe which we loved because it was somewhat secluded and had nice deck seating. Just above the windjammer in the back of the boat.

Check out the link in my signature for a few pics.

Weather permitting, we like to be on an open deck for sailaway---pool deck or helipad is a nice place. With so many folks out there, it has a "party" atmosphere.

But, if the weather doesn't cooperate, almost any public inside area will do----there's so much glass, you still have a great view!

We are booked on an 11 day cruise from Miami on 2/22/10 aboard the Jewel and have several questions;

What deck and dining room is "My Time" dining?

What two nights are formal? Which is most prevalent on formal nights, jacket & tie or suits?

Is one spot better than any other for sail away?

Is there a " Cafe Promenade" type place? One of our group loves their fresh sandwiches and cookies.

Any special things about the Jewel that would be great to know?

Thanks for the answers!!:)

There is only one two level dining room on Radiance Class ships. My Time Dining uses a portion of the upper level (Deck 5).

Formal nights are almost always held on the second night of the cruise and the second last night and I have never bothered to notice the split among tuxes, suits, or sports jackets and ties. You will not feel out of place in any of those forms of dress and you will probably see a few diners who have completely ignored the dress suggestions. If there should be a third formal night on an 11 night cruise it will probably be on a sea day but will vary according to your itinerary.

There is no Cafe Promenade type place, but the Solarium Cafe which is open until early morning offers some snack foods that might satisfy your requirements. Seaview Cafe is also open in the evening and has a slightly more substantial menu.

Jewel is still our favorite ship and we love all the glass that keeps you connected with the sea even when you are inside the ship.

The deck above the pool and near the Sky Bar is a popular sailaway spot. We have also watched the sailaway from the aft section of the Windjammer which is an open air area and also our favorite spot for our alfresco Windjammer breakfasts.:)

Thanks cb, I think we might do the pool deck or Sky bar and if weather issues, The Viking Crown Lounge.

neg, I did not even notice the Soarium Cafe,that just might be the spot! thanks. I think that DH will bring one suit and a couple of shirts and that should cover all bases!

smileyperry, yes, that is the cruise and I did read your wonderful review.

Thanks!!!!

Archived