The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hi Shirley thanks for the info about Michael and Melanie VIP limo service, We just booked with him last night for our return off the FOS May 16. Thanks these boards are great!!!

You are most welcomed - I really believe that mom and pop business really try their darnest to take extra time to do everything possible to make their guest comfortable - I know that Michael charges $50.00 to pick up folks at the Melbourne Airport with uniform chauffeur driving a new Lincoln Town car and to the Orlando airport same thing but for $75.00 with no hidden fees - please post and let us all know how it goes ok?

Thanks and its really my pleasure to watch out for those that come here - its like a safe zone feeling - been wrong sometimes, but its common

take care and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

With sincere pleasure

Edited by snelsonbrown

Shirley - I love Port Canaveral! I researched these boards (love this thread) thoroughly before our cruise a few weeks ago out of PC. My husband & I both loved the area and thought it is probably the best area to cruise out of!! For that reason, I have again booked a cruise out of PC for September & cannot wait!!

I am really thinking of trying a car service for our transportation from airport to hotel and back from cruise port to airport. We have a 12:15 outbound flight... so I am a little nervous about getting there on time when we get off the ship. I am just a little worried about reliability. Any recommendation from you would be appreciated!!

Just thought I would say hello! Hope the new thread is doing well! I just went to China and it was amazing!

PRESTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome home (here) you have been missed and most of all your sense of humor and knowledge--please keep coming back and please share your trip to China - I have always wanted to go there

Take care my friend

Shirley - I love Port Canaveral! I researched these boards (love this thread) thoroughly before our cruise a few weeks ago out of PC. My husband & I both loved the area and thought it is probably the best area to cruise out of!! For that reason, I have again booked a cruise out of PC for September & cannot wait!!

I am really thinking of trying a car service for our transportation from airport to hotel and back from cruise port to airport. We have a 12:15 outbound flight... so I am a little nervous about getting there on time when we get off the ship. I am just a little worried about reliability. Any recommendation from you would be appreciated!!

Believe me you will make it without a hitch - we are only 46 miles from the airport and its a straight shot - make sure you follow the speed limits etc and you shouldn't have any concern ok?

If you decide to rent a car, call the rental company here directly and make your reservations - if you decide to go with a shuttle service, make sure there won't be 100 stops before you get to the airport - you will be fine honest - keep me posted OK?

Edited by snelsonbrown

I just wanted to tell any and all that those coming down for either a visit or cruising that we have the most awesome weather - cool in the evenings and beach weather during the day - walked the beach the other afternoon and it all felt so great and what a relief from such a bitter winter for us Floridians - come on down my friends and take time to relax and have a great time.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

just me

We have sailed out of PC a number of times and we have decided that it will always be our favorite cruise port. We just love the area!!

We will be coming down a week from this Saturday for our Sunday May 9th cruise.......YIPPEE!!!!!

I just wanted to say thanks so much Shirley for all the great help you give!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

We have sailed out of PC a number of times and we have decided that it will always be our favorite cruise port. We just love the area!!

We will be coming down a week from this Saturday for our Sunday May 9th cruise.......YIPPEE!!!!!

I just wanted to say thanks so much Shirley for all the great help you give!!!

So many folks offer so much to this thread and it really has been my sincere pleasure to help in any way that I can - it is always good to have a place where you can find the answers you need than rather come into unknown waters and feel like a fish out of water as to what to do, what to see etc - there is always so many choices not only in post #5 BUT Preston's thread that was such a huge success and also had a wealth of info. I believe I did a sticky either in post #6 or 7.

It is always a pleasure to help when I can and of course so many add to what I can not answer

ENJOY your crusing time for the weather is going to be perfect

Edited by snelsonbrown

I just wanted to tell any and all that those coming down for either a visit or cruising that we have the most awesome weather - cool in the evenings and beach weather during the day - walked the beach the other afternoon and it all felt so great and what a relief from such a bitter winter for us Floridians - come on down my friends and take time to relax and have a great time.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

just me

DH & I will be there in exactly 3 wks and I can't wait!:D Thank you for all the great info, it helped us plan our pre and post cruise accomodations!:)

Just bumping the thread. Hubby, son and I are hoping to catch a last minute fare on the Monarch in July. Cross your fingers for us. We can't afford the full rate, so we are hoping! If we have to we will go out of FLL or another port, but PC is our favorite! Gina

We also love Port Canaveral, we have a vacation home in Kissimmee and often head over to Port Canaveral Jetty Park to spend the day (The parking is now $10 per day), but is well worth it, good parking, good rest rooms, good access to the beach, picnic area with BBQs tables chairs and a play park for the kids, and best of all a great spot to watch the ships sail off. http://www.jettypark.org/

Last September we stayed at the Royal Manisons right on the beach for the 2 day before our cruise, that was a great place to stay and watch the ships come in. http://www.royalmansions.com/

866315539_ipod028.jpg.58dfd98ffe28a3cfd9c00f584a8272ab.jpg

114292699_ipod072.jpg.6a1b34656d2e63e7243e8e7ab9ad64f9.jpg

1040733507_ipod090.jpg.07a9e9322ed40a699c37e6b606f9bb14.jpg

680452089_ipod122.jpg.a0eef0944bcdb5e3f2cefa14044dac06.jpg

847474455_ipod231.jpg.986c3c645c5b0a16b837342e0442e32a.jpg

We also love Kelsey Pizza place :):)

shirley what can you tell me about the cocoa beach shuttle? i will be cruising into port canaveral and understand that you can get a shuttle from the port to cocoa beach? thanks for any info.

bob

Hello Bob,

I would suggest going to search on the different shuttles here for all the pros and cons.

There is all types of transportation to get you anywhere and most of them are reliable.

You have Travelynx, Beachbound and this is to name a few.

Good luck

is that per person? if it is then i wont need to call for further info...THANKS

yes Starfish this is them - they have only one fare and one family riding in this limo with all the drinks, snacks, uniform driver etc - if it were me, yep I would treat myself to this pleasure simply because if I am traveling, I want to go at my speed and not have to stop 2500 times for something or someone else - guess I would want to spoil myself a little bit -

Michael is a nice young man and it is a family owned business.

Do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable regardless who you go with ok?

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

yes Starfish this is them - they have only one fare and one family riding in this limo with all the drinks, snacks, uniform driver etc - ,

i think we probably will stick with a shuttle this time as we are just doing the airport to hotel and wont mind the stops....THANKS for ALL the info:)

have a GOOD one~;)

You are most welcomed - I really believe that mom and pop business really try their darnest to take extra time to do everything possible to make their guest comfortable - I know that Michael charges $50.00 to pick up folks at the Melbourne Airport with uniform chauffeur driving a new Lincoln Town car and to the Orlando airport same thing but for $75.00 with no hidden fees - please post and let us all know how it goes ok?

Thanks and its really my pleasure to watch out for those that come here - its like a safe zone feeling - been wrong sometimes, but its common

take care and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

With sincere pleasure

Do they have a website or an email address so I can contact them for the limo service from the airport to the port....

Hey Shirley, just wanted to say that we're going to be PC day after tomorrow for our Sunday cruise......YIPPEE!!!

Thanks so much for all the great advice you have given us, it really has meant a lot.

Thanks for sharing your "little piece of paradise"......

Hey Shirley, just wanted to say that we're going to be PC day after tomorrow for our Sunday cruise......YIPPEE!!!

Thanks so much for all the great advice you have given us, it really has meant a lot.

Thanks for sharing your "little piece of paradise"......

Hello Dianne,

Glad that all the information that has been posted by so many that it will put your mind at a better CRUISING TIME MIND ;-))

The weather has been great so enjoy and hurry back.

Hello,

This thread really seems to know the PC area well, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to answer my question. Next week I'm taking a Carnival cruise from Baltimore, stopping in Port Canaveral. I really want to go to the Kennedy Space Center but the $90 Carnival excursion fee seems pricey. I'm wondering if there's a cheaper way to do it. I've read about car rentals, but the problem is that my boyfriend and I are both under 25 and the companies mention an "under 25 fee" but don't say how much it is. Does anyone know what they might charge? Or else any other good, cheaper way to get to KSC? Paying $50 per person for the 10 mile transportation just seems a bit extreme.

Thank you for any answers you may be able to provide!

Hello,

This thread really seems to know the PC area well, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to answer my question. Next week I'm taking a Carnival cruise from Baltimore, stopping in Port Canaveral. I really want to go to the Kennedy Space Center but the $90 Carnival excursion fee seems pricey. I'm wondering if there's a cheaper way to do it. I've read about car rentals, but the problem is that my boyfriend and I are both under 25 and the companies mention an "under 25 fee" but don't say how much it is. Does anyone know what they might charge? Or else any other good, cheaper way to get to KSC? Paying $50 per person for the 10 mile transportation just seems a bit extreme.

Thank you for any answers you may be able to provide!

Hello Becky,

Check the post #5 for I believe I have added the email addresses for a few of the car rental places and they can give you direct help as what to do or you can contact a couple of the taxi places also by email and explain your situation to them all.

Post #5 does takes a long time to really get all the material and knowledge you will and can use while here but really worth it all - Now I realize some of the information on there has expired and I can not go back to edit it so I may have to post an updated one, but I can't do that for a couple of weeks.

I know folks also with a lot of experience will chime in and help you.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be in PC for a cruise stop (Pride). I booked two rentalcars for 9 of us from Avis to go to Disney (free tickets). What happens when we get off the ship? Do they have shuttles that go back and forth or do we need to call them? I see their hours begin at 7:30, does anyone know when the shuttles start coming? (our ship gets in at 7a,so I'm wondering how close they can get picked up to 7:30 or should we not rush)

Also, should just the two drivers go get the cars and come back for the rest of us?

Thanks for your help!