The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

We will be visiting Port Canaveral On Carnival Pride in October. Does anyone know if any motels in Cocoa Beach offer a day at their resort that includes a beach chair, towels, umbrella, etc? Thanks

Try the International in Cocoa Beach.

Actually, there is some great info, including contact information, at the beginning of this thread.

A question on tipping per trip. I understand there could be different drivers. However, with a package price, how do I know how much to tip each trip? The trips to and from the airport are the most drawn out, due to distance and all the luggage. There is the same luggage but a shorter trip to the port. KSC, it's just the four of being driven back and forth.

Actually, there is some great info, including contact information, at the beginning of this thread.

A question on tipping per trip. I understand there could be different drivers. However, with a package price, how do I know how much to tip each trip? The trips to and from the airport are the most drawn out, due to distance and all the luggage. There is the same luggage but a shorter trip to the port. KSC, it's just the four of being driven back and forth.

I don't know if there is a rule. I always tip by the experience.

We are on the NCL Gem, which stops in Port Canaveral for the day. We would like to visit Cocoa Beach for the day. Are there normally taxis waiting at the port to take people to Cocoa Beach? And what about the return-will that have to be pre-arranged? Thanks in advance for all assistance.

We are on the NCL Gem, which stops in Port Canaveral for the day. We would like to visit Cocoa Beach for the day. Are there normally taxis waiting at the port to take people to Cocoa Beach? And what about the return-will that have to be pre-arranged? Thanks in advance for all assistance.

DO NOT use the cabs at the port for a local trip. They get in by lottery and want a run to the airport. If you take them out of line they will zone the meter much higher. Once they leave they cannot get back in.

Do a little homework and have the name and number of a local company that can come in and get you.

Hi- We will be between cruises at Port Canaveral for a day and a night in Oct. It will be my mother's birthday so I would like to stay somewhere really special. Where would anyone suggest. We would like somewhere with a nice pool for my 9 year old- we were vaguely thinking of the Ron Jon resort.

Also any advice on what to do. My mother is not interested in going to the SPace centre- though I wouldn't mind. We are from Australia so we don't really need to spend a day at the beach.

Thanks Jennie

Hi- We will be between cruises at Port Canaveral for a day and a night in Oct. It will be my mother's birthday so I would like to stay somewhere really special. Where would anyone suggest. We would like somewhere with a nice pool for my 9 year old- we were vaguely thinking of the Ron Jon resort.

Also any advice on what to do. My mother is not interested in going to the SPace centre- though I wouldn't mind. We are from Australia so we don't really need to spend a day at the beach.

Thanks Jennie

Hello Jennie,

If you will click on the link right above my name, this thread will give you pages and pages of information you can make decisions on as what to do, where to go, what to see etc.

also check out Cocoa Village website.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking about doing something I have never done before ...

Fly in the morning of my cruise.

My local airport which is only 20 minutes away has a flight at 7am with an arrival time of 9:30 in Orlando. What will be the easiest way to the port for 3 people when we arrive? Price will be a factor but I am after ease more than any thing.

All my other airports are 1.5 hours away.

My local airport which is only 20 minutes away has a flight at 7am with an arrival time of 9:30 in Orlando. What will be the easiest way to the port for 3 people when we arrive? Price will be a factor but I am after ease more than any thing.

Rent a car single day. Small/economy or as large as you need for luggage. You can drop off at Port Cananveral agency and they'll shutt;e you to your ship. And pick you up for return. There are several agencies near the port. Avis, Budget, Hertz and others. Assuming you arrive on time, you'll be in a rental car by 10:15AM and at the rental agency before 11:15 and on board ship by 12:30. So long as your flight is not delayed more than 2.5 hours, you'll be okay this way. You leave your airport at 9:30 or arrive in MCO after 12:30, you'll be cutting it close to make the ship's 90 minute arrival before departure cut off.

Being a member of the 5000+ club surely you have read horror stories about flying in the same day. That being said I would come on the 7am and rent the car as suggested.

We now have the Baja Tavern and Eats next door to Rustys? Has anyone tried it? I saw the menu and it looks good but I have not been there. Has anyone?

Hey Preston,

The menu looks great but the food was bland - anyhow this is just my experience.sorreee :(

Hello all,

I've read through a few pages of posts and I haven't found anyone who has spoken of either taxi fares from MCO to Port Canaveral OR cruise ship shuttles. Does anyone know if RCI offeres an airport to pier shuttle like other ports? I don't want to rent a car (even though that's what everyone seems to recommend). I'm travelling alone and just want to get on something to take me to the pier. Any suggestions on shuttles or taxi's? THANKS!!!

just wanted to say thank you to preston and shirley for all the good info i got from your posts. we used michael from executive vip and were so pleased with his service. he picked my husband and i up from the airport and took us to the dolphin at disney and then took us to raddison at the port and finally he picked us up at port and drove us to airport. he was always on time and he is a wealth of information and so entertaining. our trip was great and we have both of you to thank for all your advice.

margie

just wanted to say thank you to preston and shirley for all the good info i got from your posts. we used michael from executive vip and were so pleased with his service. he picked my husband and i up from the airport and took us to the dolphin at disney and then took us to raddison at the port and finally he picked us up at port and drove us to airport. he was always on time and he is a wealth of information and so entertaining. our trip was great and we have both of you to thank for all your advice.

margie

Margie we are glad you had a good time.

Looking for best way for a family of 4 adults to do the beach (Cocoa) while our ship is in port for the day. What to do, what not to do? Best food?

I would catch a shuttle to Ron Jon's Surf Shop. It is fun to see then you have beach, food, shops, and bars in all directions.