drunken lounger stealers

Carol999

As for your mall reference if someone parks in a parking space all day its theirs, just like the chair you would have every right to it. If you leave the parking space do you put a chair in it to hold it for you when come back to the mall in two hours?

Right? "I'll just leave a traffic cone here in my space to hold it". :confused:

Kinda like people who put chairs in the street spaces where they've dug their car out after a snowstorm in inner cities. :eek:

Ajagent,

Yes many of us have an issue with CHOGS. I don't care what time you got up to sit in your chair. If you get up and leave it for two hours to go do something else take your stuff with you so someone else can use it. If you come back find another chair. As for your mall reference if someone parks in a parking space all day its theirs, just like the chair you would have every right to it. If you leave the parking space do you put a chair in it to hold it for you when come back to the mall in two hours?

What a great analogy!! So well and succintly put!

wow you people can be vicious . what I think Im going to do is ask the people around the loungers I'm interested in that appear to be vacant first, if no one has been in them awhile,,followed by the cruise people to come and remove items. Thank you for that advice of getting the staff involved. I feel if your not in your loungers for awhile and havent told your neighbouring lounger people you will be back shortly then you should be prepared for them to be gone when you come back no matter what time you were there in the morning laying claim

You guys crack me up. I really can't believe that when you are on a vacation you have the time or the desire to keep track of the time I or anybody else spends in their chair or out of it. If that is what you enjoy then I suppose we all vacation differently.

We generally are not in the chair hog category. Our group consists of about 18 and we usually are all coming and going all day so we will only have about 4 chairs and people will rotate in and out of them.

I just find it funny that people are even interested in how long a particular chair stays vacant. I really don't take time to notice those things but to each his own. Just out of curiosity, if you come up on deck and there are no chairs available next to the pool, do you guys stand around for 45 minutes watching the empty chairs so you can run to the deck steward and report it? We usually just move to another part of the deck and once we settle in we start having fun and not paying attention to causing other people grief. I always choose to remember that we are all there to have a good time and I just don't see the point in getting all worked up.

The point is that I've seen as much as 50% of the prime deck chairs sitting empty but "saved" by towells for hours on end, while people who might like to be close to the pool and entertainment options are forced to go sit in chairs far away from those activities. Is that fair? No. Is it against Carnival's rules? YES. Why are you sticking up for those who A. are blatantly breaking Carnival's rules and B. are being grossly inconsiderate of other passnegers and causing them problems?

Could it be because you are one of those grossly inconsiderate people?

You guys crack me up. I really can't believe that when you are on a vacation you have the time or the desire to keep track of the time I or anybody else spends in their chair or out of it. If that is what you enjoy then I suppose we all vacation differently.

We generally are not in the chair hog category. Our group consists of about 18 and we usually are all coming and going all day so we will only have about 4 chairs and people will rotate in and out of them.

I just find it funny that people are even interested in how long a particular chair stays vacant. I really don't take time to notice those things but to each his own. Just out of curiosity, if you come up on deck and there are no chairs available next to the pool, do you guys stand around for 45 minutes watching the empty chairs so you can run to the deck steward and report it? We usually just move to another part of the deck and once we settle in we start having fun and not paying attention to causing other people grief. I always choose to remember that we are all there to have a good time and I just don't see the point in getting all worked up.

And so your story goes - now you say there are 18 of you and rotate 4 chairs all day long, but you wouldn't say that because that would not stir things up - if I am sitting beside a vacant chair and someone asks if it is taken (towel on it) and I know as long as I have been there no one has sat I will tell them so. It's not that we sit there with a stop watch its just we are aware nobody has been there and doesn't take a mental giant to figure that one out.

if I am sitting beside a vacant chair and someone asks if it is taken (towel on it) and I know as long as I have been there no one has sat I will tell them so.

Same here. Interesting watching what they decide to do with the stuff. And LOVE to watch the return of the offender.

Kinda like people who put chairs in the street spaces where they've dug their car out after a snowstorm in inner cities. :eek:

HEY...people get shot over that. :eek:

NEVER park in another mans spot that he dug out of the snow.

:p

The point is that I've seen as much as 50% of the prime deck chairs sitting empty but "saved" by towells for hours on end, while people who might like to be close to the pool and entertainment options are forced to go sit in chairs far away from those activities. Is that fair? No. Is it against Carnival's rules? YES. Why are you sticking up for those who A. are blatantly breaking Carnival's rules and B. are being grossly inconsiderate of other passnegers and causing them problems?

Could it be because you are one of those grossly inconsiderate people?

I would think if you read my reply then you would realize that your conclusion of my inconsideration level is totally incorrect. I also think that your estimation of 50% of them being vacant is a gross overstatement. We only use 4 chairs and people rotate in and out of them. I do agree that it is against carnival's rules and I am not defending the ones that leave their stuff there all day. The post I took issue with was the person that was calling the deck steward after 45 minutes. That amount of time seems a bit short to me and the fact that they would take it upon themselves to "gather my stuff" and turn it in actually is called stealing. I don't expect to have any of my belongings handled by another passenger.

I also noticed that you did not bother to answer my question about what you do on the deck...do you really just stand there and wait 45 min to run to the deck steward and complain. Seems like a waste of 45 min of your vacation.

Lastly it has been my experience if you want to see the entertainment such as the contests or ice carving then a deck chair by the pool is the worst place to be because everybody else on the deck fills in standing in your way anyway.

We come back and because we were gone too long in your opinion, we should lose our chairs.

uh...yeah. It's called common courtesy.

Do you do the same thing at the mall? If you see a car parked in a parking space that you want and it has been there all day you have it towed because people are not sitting in the spot???

You have GOT to be kidding me. :rolleyes:

Good grief.

The post I took issue with was the person that was calling the deck steward after 45 minutes. That amount of time seems a bit short to me and the fact that they would take it upon themselves to "gather my stuff" and turn it in actually is called stealing. I don't expect to have any of my belongings handled by another passenger.

Then don't sail RCCL. They will collect your stuff after 10 minutes. They don't wait for the passengers to do it.

and, I dont mind abit of silliness./stupidity from loud drunken people..its when it goes on and on,,like they think we ALLLL want to be involved in their jocularities .thank you for the courteous sane people responding,,I know no one would sit and wait and count the minutes but ask a fellow lounger ..common sense prevails with some =)

That amount of time seems a bit short to me and the fact that they would take it upon themselves to "gather my stuff" and turn it in actually is called stealing. I don't expect to have any of my belongings handled by another passenger.

No, gathering your stuff and taking it back to their room would be stealing.:rolleyes:

No taking something that does not belong to you is stealing. It does not matter where you take it to.

Wow, once I found some money on a bench in the dressing room of a store. I turned it in to the cashier. Who knew I was a thief?:rolleyes:

Let's face it "Bob" just doesn't get it. You will never get him to understand that he is totally inconsiderate thinking he can keep a chair all day and leave it empty for hours at a time. I think the 100% post reaction against him confirms this.

Let's face it "Bob" just doesn't get it. You will never get him to understand that he is totally inconsiderate thinking he can keep a chair all day and leave it empty for hours at a time. I think the 100% post reaction against him confirms this.

And while we are facing facts I will point out that you are obviously better at reading a watch and complaining than you are at reading anything that I have posted. I have never been nor will I ever be a chair hog and if I have a chair on the deck I use it. I don't understand the joy that you get out of messing up someone's day. I was just trying to point out that there could be a valid reason for someone to leave a chair vacant for a little while. I certainly hope that you do not cruise with a person that has a child in camp carnival and they are paged because of some type of emergency. Now they have dealt with an emergency and some clock watching vulture has scooped up their stuff and taken their chair, because they forgot to inform the perfect stranger next to them that their child was having some type of crisis.

I said in my first post that we all vacation differently and that has been shown here today. Some of us are not worried about what others are doing and we manage to have a good time.

Hey!!! When I was a kid in Montreal, my mother would make my sister and I dig out a space for my father before he got home from work. When finished we would STAND in the open spot so no one else could take it.

In this case, we made something by clearing the snow, and were not going to let someone else take it over. Didn't always work. :(

And while we are facing facts I will point out that you are obviously better at reading a watch and complaining than you are at reading anything that I have posted. I have never been nor will I ever be a chair hog and if I have a chair on the deck I use it. I don't understand the joy that you get out of messing up someone's day. I was just trying to point out that there could be a valid reason for someone to leave a chair vacant for a little while. I certainly hope that you do not cruise with a person that has a child in camp carnival and they are paged because of some type of emergency. Now they have dealt with an emergency and some clock watching vulture has scooped up their stuff and taken their chair, because they forgot to inform the perfect stranger next to them that their child was having some type of crisis.

I said in my first post that we all vacation differently and that has been shown here today. Some of us are not worried about what others are doing and we manage to have a good time.

again you come up with a new arguement everytime - an emergency is something that comes up unexpectedly and rarely and WE ALL WILL ADMIT there will be exceptions - ranks there with the car in the parking lot. We are talking blatent and obvious chair hogs. We get your point (all ten of them)

But it doesnt hurt either to tell the perfect stranger next to you, I'll be right back please watch my chair. And if your gone over an hour then when I come along and ask the neighbour,

"is anyone sitting here"they will say

"oh geesh they have been gone for ages" ,and I will then ask the staff to remove their gear. I would totally understand my stuff being removed if I was gone that long.Im not oblivious to the fact that others would also like my spot. I simply like to be close to my kids when they are in water to keep an eye on them

DH and I were looking for a place to sit after lunch one day - about 12:30. Every lounger either had a body or belongings in it. The section of the deck that had the blue rocking chairs was filled with a towel on every chair. I stood there while DH went looking on higher decks. A man sitting below the blue chair area said he'd been out for 2 hours and the chairs had been saved then and he hadn't seen anyone out at them.

DH came back after no luck. I said "I'm moving these Carnival towels so we can sit." We sat for about half an hour before another group of people came out looking for seats. They asked about the other chairs and I said it appeared like they'd now been unoccupied for about 2.5 hours. They took all the towels and made a big pile of them off to the side before sitting down.

1 hour later, a woman came out and started yelling at all of us. "These are my chairs, I put towels out at 7:00. You can't sit in them, I was saving them, get off them, get away" etc etc.

All of us just pointed to the sign that said "No chair saving" and ignored her. She started huffing and puffing as she got her group together to go find another set of chairs to sit on.

Mind you, this woman came out like a shrew 6 hours after having saved them. That is wrong. (And to the people who say we touched their stuff - all we moved were towels that belong to Carnival - I would never touch another person's personal belongings. I would ask an attendant to, though.)

I love the word Chog, thanks to who ever started that.

Next, People leave their belongings on a chair for hours, and expect them to still be there? What world are you living in...

You are on Vacation, but that doesn't mean you leave you brain behind...

or your Common Courtesy either.

If you were sitting in the park of your local town, would you leave your belongings on the bench (for a later nap) and head to the local Restaurant to eat.

No you pick up your stuff and take it with you, and put it in the car (Cabin)

Common sense dictates this...

(I don't know that it can be taught, I think you either have it or you don't)

There is no getting through to someone with out it.

It makes no sense to them and it never will.

So save your breath for the Good Sea Air...

Or argue on, cuz it is kind of fun too :rolleyes:

Archived