Camp Carnival Talent Show

Lady_Jag

Hi!

I am a little bummed because my soon to be 4-year-old daughter's very first ballet recital falls on the same day we will be embarking on the Carnival Dream this May, so we will have to miss seeing her dance on stage.:(

My daughter's instructor is super nice, and will be letting the girls dress in costume for one of their last classes so that my daughter doesn't feel left out, but I also had the "brilliant" idea to bring her costume with us, and sign her up to perform in the Camp Carnival talent show.

However, I was looking at the Camp Carnival 2-5 Y/O group Capers for the Dream on a recent sailing, and noticed that there is no mention of a talent show. So now I have 2 questions:

1. Is the kids' talent show non-existent on the Dream, or did they just not have one on that January cruise because there probably weren't a lot of kids on board.

2. Is there a minimum age for the kids' talent show? I remember on the Glory that my daughter's age group was going to perform a group song, but I don't know if they would allow a 4-year-old to perform a dance solo.

Can anyone offer some insight, please?

Thanks!

I can't help with the Dream's schedule, but I do know that on our past cruises they have allowed the 2-5 group to do individual acts for the talent show. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - I've seen a few of the younger set bail out due to stage fright.

Thanks for the fast reply! I guess all I can do is just give it a shot, and hope that the Dream hosts a talent show. Maybe as we approach Spring, I'll have the chance to review the CC Capers for a cruise with more kids on it.

You have a good point, though - she might not want to do it at all. LOL!

I can tell you that it depends. My 9 year old approached the Camp counselor on Triumph and asked if she could do a dance and they said no, they weren't allowing singles, it had to be a group of "2 or more". They told her she had to teach someone else in her age group to do the dance or she couldn't do it. So she chose not to participate at all.

The 2-5 year olds didn't even have the option to "try out" - they were give a song. And that was the same on all 3 of our Carnvial sailings. My youngest was handed the song she was going to do on Elation, Sensation and Triumph.

But some other parents here reported back that their child was allowed to do it. I never had that experience.

I can tell you that it depends. My 9 year old approached the Camp counselor on Triumph and asked if she could do a dance and they said no, they weren't allowing singles, it had to be a group of "2 or more". They told her she had to teach someone else in her age group to do the dance or she couldn't do it. So she chose not to participate at all.

The 2-5 year olds didn't even have the option to "try out" - they were give a song. And that was the same on all 3 of our Carnvial sailings. My youngest was handed the song she was going to do on Elation, Sensation and Triumph.

But some other parents here reported back that their child was allowed to do it. I never had that experience.

We were on the Elation when DD was 9 and she was allowed to dance solo. Must depend on who is running it.

Archived