scuba at the real stingray city?

mariaw8889

I am looking to dive at stingray city. has anyone had any experience doing this? We are also interested in doing a 2nd dive also but I am unable to find a dive operator that does stingray city along with another dive without chartering a boat for a 1/2 day at $700.

• 2 weeks later...

The Stingray City dive is GREAT! If you can, DO IT. I dove there a few years ago when my wife and I were on a week long dive vacation on Grand Cayman. I've got some memorable pictures from that week. The wall dives are tremendous, also. Haven't checked recently, but I don't understand why you couldn't do a 2 tank dive. We had cruiseers on several of our dive boat trips there. Good luck!

A couple years ago we did the stingray city dive through Don Fosters, who we'd been doing other diving with. They also ran it as just a 1 tank dive. I think that's mainly because of the location of stingray city vs. the other dive sites they go to. You could probably go back and do a 1 tank afternoon dive as well, if you have time, of course.

The stingray city dive was worth it. We were so shallow, kneeling on the bottom in the sand (with some current I might add) the whole time, so we stayed down for a long time interacting with the stingrays. Our group was the only ones around. We were no where near the masses of snorkelers.

A couple years ago we did the stingray city dive through Don Fosters, who we'd been doing other diving with. They also ran it as just a 1 tank dive. I think that's mainly because of the location of stingray city vs. the other dive sites they go to. You could probably go back and do a 1 tank afternoon dive as well, if you have time, of course.

The stingray city dive was worth it. We were so shallow, kneeling on the bottom in the sand (with some current I might add) the whole time, so we stayed down for a long time interacting with the stingrays. Our group was the only ones around. We were no where near the masses of snorkelers.

Funny just talking with my vet yesterday about this he did the scuba site (the original site not the 3-4 ft water snorkel site) He showed me a video of their experience and he said it was magnificent! Judging from his enthusiasm and the video he showed me Id say go for it. Maybe try one of the gazillion dive shops and see if they will add a second tank for you at another location.

Have fun!:D

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking to dive at stingray city. has anyone had any experience doing this? We are also interested in doing a 2nd dive also but I am unable to find a dive operator that does stingray city along with another dive without chartering a boat for a 1/2 day at $700.

Hey we are booked on your cruise. I found a company that would do a two tank 1/2 day charter for 6 for $500 with additional divers for $75 and snorkelers for $35 a person up to a maximum of 15.

Archived