Finding someone to cruise with me???

daveinbg

My wife would like to find someone who would like to split the cost of a carribean cruise. She can travel when school is in and the rates are cheap. Is there a board for people who would like to cruise alone and looking for someone to go with them. Not a singles cruise just someone to go along.

I can understand your problem. My wife was a teacher and of course we always traveled during the most expensive times. However, she was also my best friend and I would never have thought about going without her. Unfortunately she passed away 3 years ago

My wife would like to find someone who would like to split the cost of a carribean cruise. She can travel when school is in and the rates are cheap. Is there a board for people who would like to cruise alone and looking for someone to go with them. Not a singles cruise just someone to go along.

Does she not have a friend or relative who'd like to cruise? You may look to see if there are cruise groups in your area. We have a group of about 30 and there are a couple of solo cruisers who sometimes room together if they want to go on the same cruise.

For longer or more exotic cruises I know ther is a ta in our town who does informal room matchs /

My mom did that about 7 years ago on a med Cruise it worked out well, they had coffee before trip and set up some ground rules.

Perhaps there is a ta in your area that may help.

"Somewhere" there is a Ladies On Vacation board where ladies that travel alone find other ladies to go on vacation with them.

Barring that, surely someone in her circle of friends would jump at the chance??

A lady here that won some money in the lottery (around $80k) decided to take a cruise and found someone else here at work that she didn't know very well that was wanting to take a vacation but didn't want to go alone. Turns out, they were very compatible travellers and had a blast. Now, they are work buddies.

Can you hang out until July or next fall? NCL's new ship the Epic has studio cabins for singles with your own lounge area. There is no single supplement.

I think one of the other boards has a roomates program. I believe one of the big OL TAs that advertises here has a matching program when they do a singles cruise. I'm not saying you should go looking for love but at least you know there will others to talk to you if you like.

Cruisemates, a website similar to this one, has a pretty active message board (I think it's called "Seeking Cruise Companion") for just this purpose. Don't let the name throw you; the overwhelming majority of those leaving a post don't seem to be looking for anything more than a well-behaved and like-minded roomie to cut costs. The sooner you can put up a post, the better your odds of getting a useful reply. Good luck in your search...

Archived