best beach on Labadee??

adamken

Just walk around until you find a good spot...Labadee isn't so large that you can't see all of the beach areas in a few minutes. The 1st beach you come to will be packed, since most folks won't walk any farther than they have to! Keep on going, and you'll find your perfect spot!

As you're walking out away from the dock, the beaches to your right will be on the open water, probably less crowded but not as nice for swimming. The beaches on your left will be on the more protected side and the water is calmer there - better for swimming and nicer sand.

I was in Labadee in Januaray '09 and the beach that we were at was nice, but the water was very rocky. It was the beach with the volleyball courts, near the flight line. Was very difficult to even try snorkeling. I have to check out Nellie's Beach when I go back in May. Thanks for the info!

I was there last week. My favorite beach was Barefoot Beach, but that is now reserved for VIPs. Since we could not go there, we countinued walking. the very next beach was even better than I remembered barefoot to be. So- when you exit the dock, walk to the right, pass Barefoot Beach Club and it is the next one.

Adventure Beach, I think it was one called Dragon's Beach has too much coral and is hard to walk on. It is under the zip line facing north.

I was there last week. My favorite beach was Barefoot Beach, but that is now reserved for VIPs. Since we could not go there, we countinued walking. the very next beach was even better than I remembered barefoot to be. So- when you exit the dock, walk to the right, pass Barefoot Beach Club and it is the next one.

Adventure Beach, I think it was one called Dragon's Beach has too much coral and is hard to walk on. It is under the zip line facing north.

I'm a little confused. I saw a map of Labadee and it looks like Barefoot beach is to the left of the pier, not the right. Is that correct? If so, maybe you have the wrong name? I doubt it, since you have been there more than once. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Maybe this thread will help. We were on the beaches at the top of map. The pier is now on the left side of the map. The lower part of the map is for swimming with slides and such for kids, the boat tour docks and docks for jet skis. We stayed on the beach with the zip line. We wore our water shoes and this made for a very enjoyable day. Get off early if you are wanting shade.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1134621&highlight=labadee+map

I'm a little confused. I saw a map of Labadee and it looks like Barefoot beach is to the left of the pier, not the right. Is that correct? If so, maybe you have the wrong name? I doubt it, since you have been there more than once. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

There a few different maps out there. The most recent one should have the pier to the left, where Hideaway Beach was once located. You walk off the pier and stay to the right to reach Barefoot and Nellie's Beach. To the left is the open-water beach, it is very rocky.

Before the pier, you would take a tender to the tender dock which was located between Nellie's Beach and what is now known as Columbus Beach. That dock is gone.

As CB said, the place is not really that large. A lot changed between my Jan '09 and Jan '10 trips.

in the link above, the current map is in post # 17

Edited by GXmanDC

Hi all

Someone mentioned on some thread (I can't find it) about the ship's "bar-b-que on the beach and labadoozies". Is this something the ship just does or is it an excursion through the ship?

Bar-b-que, white sand, some shade, good beach and good drinks sounds great? Does this exist? Anyone?

Hi all

Someone mentioned on some thread (I can't find it) about the ship's "bar-b-que on the beach and labadoozies". Is this something the ship just does or is it an excursion through the ship?

Bar-b-que, white sand, some shade, good beach and good drinks sounds great? Does this exist? Anyone?

It does exist and now I want to go back. They have a few places where they set up the bar-b-que. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, etc. It all comes from the ship and there is no additional charge. The labadoozies are sold in bars and the waiters walk around selling them. I heard one of the waiters offering labadoozies leaded, unleaded and super. I'm not a fruity drink person so I haven't had one.

Labadee is one of my favorite places.

we were there last week. We were at the beach right under the zip line. It has a long rock wall blocking in a great beach. We do alot of snorkleing and we saw lots of different fish like schools of cuttlefish, barracooda and even saw a lionfish, first one ever for me. You would want flippers or water shoes though as there are alot of sea urchins everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

After our morning excursion on the Haitian Cultural Tour we had the BBQ lunch and landed on Columbus Beach. It wasn't as crowded as the beach right by the pier (forgot what it was called). It seemed like everyone went to that beach because it was so close to the ship.

I would recommend going to Columbus. Plenty of chairs and they even had these blue umbrellas that wrap over your chair for shade. Hope this helps!

• 3 years later...

If you find this post, then you've come to the right post. Having been to Labadee 5 times in the past dozen years, I've seen and/or done just about everything. My favorite public places to lounge is Columbus Cove and Nellies Beach. Columbus Cove is the furthest walk but I found it to be a nice beach w/ few rocks in the water and ample shady areas to lounge under. There's a bar, restrooms, and a buffet there so you pretty much have everything you need. In addition, there is a short road that takes you through the Artisan Market to the other side where you can shop, do the Dragon Coaster, etc. Nellies Beach is also a very nice beach. This is the beach where the non-suite cabana rentals are located. Anyone can lounge on that beach as it's public. The cabanas are walled off from the rest of the beach. BTW - renting a cabana at Nellies Beach is very popular and great for groups up to 6. You have to book those way in advance (4-12 mod) if you want the best chance to get one. If they are booked, you might luck out and get one after you board the ship but check as early as possible. Another thing is that there are a few areas that have showers to rinse off. They are usually in the restroom buildings. Don't drink the water! I'm not sure if it's safe.

I am glad I found this post ! Having never been to labadee i am unsure of what direction to go once we get off the ship to get to columbus cove. I have read that is is a beautiful but small island and everything is accessible - but if you can humor me - when we get off the ship which direction to we go to get to columbus cove. thanks in adance :)

I am glad I found this post ! Having never been to labadee i am unsure of what direction to go once we get off the ship to get to columbus cove. I have read that is is a beautiful but small island and everything is accessible - but if you can humor me - when we get off the ship which direction to we go to get to columbus cove. thanks in adance :)

Labadee is not too big to confuse you as to where you pretty much no matter where you are. There is one main path that takes you right up the middle of the property. You'll see ample signage indicating which direction to go to get where you want to go. However, with that said, Columbus Cove is up and to the far right of the property and taking the main path from the ship will lead you there. The map at the link below will definitely help you understand the layout. BTW - I can't help but laugh at the shape of the property but don't think I created the map to be funny. That's just the way it is. BTW - There is a tram that you can take from the entrance that will drop off in a couple/few locations ( I think). It definitely stops at the end of the road between Adrenaline Beach and the Artisan Market. If you take the tram and it only stops at the end, you can walk through the artisan market right through to Columbus Cove. Again, the property is not super huge. If you walked at a good pace from the entrance to the furthest point which is Columbus Cove, it would take you 10-15 min tops. Don't forget to bring towels as they don't provide them unless you're a suite guest at Barefoot Beach or renting a cabana. Hope this helps! We'll be visiting Labadee on our next cruise leaving March 9th 14' on the Indy OTS. Labadee is our last stop (Thursday).

Here is a post with a map of Labadee

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37399173&postcount=4

At Columbus beach, do you have to take a tour to get there? If so, then the chairs are free? If you don't take a tour, are the chairs free?

No tour needed but you can take the free tram that picks up near the entrance to the property. To clarify my earlier post, the map indicates that the tram stops at 2 stops - one near the Orange building with shops near Adrenaline Beach and the other stop is in Columbus Cove. You can walk there yourself also which I like to do to get a little exercise. The whole property has attendants that will set up the loungers for you. It's customary but not required to give them a tip ($3-$5 per) as this is the only way they earn money. Loungers are otherwise free but it's a nice convenience to have someone set them up for you as they are all in a stack when you get there. You can tell them where you want to be or they will suggest a spot.

Edited by kencruisefever