Is it possible to add another person to our cabin?

We're just 2 weeks away from our short weekend cruise on Grandeur.

A 16 year old daughter (who will turn 17 next week, and we're thinking a nice birthday gift) may be joining us. We're paid up, obviously, but just wondering what it would take and if it's even possible to add her to our cabin at this time, btw it's a Jr Suite. The suites are not available on line at this time so that's the reason for my question. (btw, we didn't include her in the original booking because she had previous commitments, which are not true anymore)

Would they charge us OUR per person rate or?

It depends on which type room you are in. Even some jr suites only hold two people. You can see which type yours is by looking at the layout on the website.

I believe ours is a max of 4 guests, so that's not a problem. The problem is that RC is not offering ANY suites for our cruising date at this time, so I just wanted to know what will they carge.

Will it be the same rate we paid, or some astronomical rate?

It will also depend if the ship already has achieved its maximum pax. Suggest you give them a call.

They are still selling inside, outside and balcony cabins, so I don't think they reached max pax just yet. Only suites seem to be sold out or at least the website is showing as such.

I just e-mailed our TA. Unfortunately I believe THUR is her day off. I may have to call the agency little later and talk to one of her partners.

We're just 2 weeks away from our short weekend cruise on Grandeur.

A 16 year old daughter (who will turn 17 next week, and we're thinking a nice birthday gift) may be joining us. We're paid up, obviously, but just wondering what it would take and if it's even possible to add her to our cabin at this time, btw it's a Jr Suite. The suites are not available on line at this time so that's the reason for my question. (btw, we didn't include her in the original booking because she had previous commitments, which are not true anymore)

Would they charge us OUR per person rate or?

It could be only $320 including tax.

That's what a 3rd in a D1 costs. Your cabin may be more, but at most by $100

A 3rd person in a JS for the Jan.28th sailing is currently showing at $279USD plus $41.07 taxes and fees.

Thanks!

Are you a TA? I have not heard from our TA just yet but I'm not in a rush since we won't know for sure if the young lady can join us. We should know tonight or tomorrow morning.

Okay, our TA called me. It is $320.09 total, plus $39 tips (we're doing MTD).

Now we just need to wait for confirmation on her status.

If she can go it's a done deal. Hopefully she will like her b-day present!;)

Thanks everybody for all the great info!

They are still selling inside, outside and balcony cabins, so I don't think they reached max pax just yet. Only suites seem to be sold out or at least the website is showing as such.

I just e-mailed our TA. Unfortunately I believe THUR is her day off. I may have to call the agency little later and talk to one of her partners.

This is why it's better to keep control of your reservation. You could have called RCL and gotten all the information and prices directly and added your DD yourself.

Archived