Would you???

ksmommyof4

I am planning our first cruise aboard the Carnival Liberty.My husband wants a balcony cabin.Now my sister and her boyfriend want to come with us which we would love for them too....Is it too small for 4 adults.I know theres the bed,the couch and a bunk in some rooms which is what we would need but would it still be too much with 4 adults in the room.Thanks

The bathroom may become a problem with four people.. What about a balcony for you and your husband and an inside for your sis and her bf?

I am planning our first cruise aboard the Carnival Liberty.My husband wants a balcony cabin.Now my sister and her boyfriend want to come with us which we would love for them too....Is it too small for 4 adults.I know theres the bed,the couch and a bunk in some rooms which is what we would need but would it still be too much with 4 adults in the room.Thanks

Personally I would encourage you to get separate cabins. You could accomadate 4 adults in a room, but it would be tight. Plus, not to get too personal, but if you or your cabin mates ever want to get it on (and it is a vacation so who doesn't) you won't have any privacy. Plus 4 adults and one bathroom could be a stretch. I think if you were going with 3 girlfriends it might work, but I don't think I would want to vacation as a couple and have to have an upper bunk while my husband had the couch. The price will be cheaper if you share, but I think it would be worth the extra couple hundred bucks for another room - you could even do connecting rooms and have them take the door out between your balconies to have more room.

I would definitely not recommend 4 adults to a cabin! Even the very closest of family and freinds can be "too much" after a day or so. Yes, access to the bathroom can become an issue. The poster above has a good suggestion, re a separate cabin for them. Im sure you will all be much happier.:)

Another vote for two separate cabins. We're sometimes crowded with two people! We had two lovely connecting balcony cabins on the Liberty for four of us, and had them open the balcony divider, which made for a nice, spacious balcony. Enjoy the Liberty, whatever you decide... she's a BEAUT!

I wouldn't even consider it. Sometimes having guests at my house for week is over the top (depending on who's visiting). Sharing a 185 sq ft space, out of the question. Plus a week cruise is my time to regroup with the one I love, no animals, no cell phones, no computers, just us, that is what it is all about. There is no way anyone, even family would take that time away from me.

My response would be, sure you can come along, what type of cabin are your getting?

The only thing I'll add is that on our cruise last March, our kids were 11 and 14. I wouldn't want to share a cabin with them for a week (for most of the reasons already stated, but one in particular!). We booked separate cabins. It was more expensive, obviously, but the additional cost, when you consider the whole cost of the trip including airline travel, hotels on both ends, transfers, excursions, etc. was almost immaterial.

What if you sleep in the nude?????

You couldn't pay me to share a cabin with anyone, except maybe my grandson.

Shay

I know you don't mean it that way ... but the whole "sleeping in the nude" and "grandson" thing is kinda ... well ... disturbing ... ;)

If you decide to do this....I would have the agreement that the guys use the Spa showers....

so perhaps get a balcony conveniently located to those?????

(to free up bathroom time for the ladies)

While you could do it, here are a few things to consider:

The room is small. Smaller than most bedrooms. Now imagine 4 people getting ready for formal night. Getting dressed, doing hair, etc. Now imagine 4 people sharing a closet and one bathroom vanity. things will be everywhere and it will be very hard to keep things straight. And, obviously, absolutely NO privacy. The bunk beds for 3rd and 4th person can be put away during the day for sitting room. It will be very hard to move around, but possible.

Consider at least a balcony if you MUST share a room. It will give you a place to vent when you are going crazy.

Couple of questions - are they paying their own way - can they afford a balcony - do they expect to share a room to save money. My suggestion is along the same lines as others - definitely separate cabins. If money is an issue they can get an inside cabin across from you and join you on your balcony at your convenience. You each have privacy and a second bathroom. They want to join you but does not necessarily have to be at the hip.

OK everyone thanks for the adivce I was thinking that it wouldnt be that "roomy" for 4 adults so Im not gonna do that for sure all of you had many valid points....So my next question is this can we do me and my husband in the balcony and then my sister and her b/f in a inside stateroom that are very close to each other or are the inside rooms lower in the ship....They cant afford a balcony...To give you a idea on where we would like to be on the ship would be the Empress Deck 8C cat.....thanks

Archived