Are my Marina brochure rates different from yours?

sj cruiser

I'm in California and just received my Marina brochure today. In comparing it to the PDF I received last week, the fares are different! The Maiden Voyage BCN to MIA rates are $1999-$8499, Inaugural Passage MIA to SFO are $4299-$15499, Footsteps of Balboa SFO to MIA (2/26/11) are $4299-$15499, Caribbean Pearls MIA to MIA are $2499-$12999 and Colonial Crossing MIA to BCN are $2999-$12999. These rates are generally $500 per person higher in each category than that listed on the PDF. What's going on here?

I'm in California and just received my Marina brochure today. In comparing it to the PDF I received last week, the fares are different!
I noticed the same thing! I don't have the glossy brochure yet but I received a 14-page .pdf last week introducing the inaugural sailings at the lower prices. Then this week I received an 81-page .pdf where every sailing was $500 pp more. We were able to book on the lower fares yesterday. The only thing I can figure is that perhaps the higher prices are for public bookings once the members-only reservation period is over?

No, the prices for Marina are very much in line with the existing fleet, yet the accomodations on Marina will be larger and more luxurious.

The Maiden Voyage is Transatlantic and even there, the prices were not jacked up.

Holland America should take note!

Thanks Stanandjim,

That is good to know. One thing that has kept me from trying Oceanian is that I find their standard cabins too small, and by the time I price it upgrading to PH it is about the same price as Regent (which carries less pax). The Marina staterooms as shown in the brochure are gorgeous!

Anybody knows when will they publish the schedule for the rest of 2011?

Thanks Stanandjim,

That is good to know. One thing that has kept me from trying Oceanian is that I find their standard cabins too small, and by the time I price it upgrading to PH it is about the same price as Regent (which carries less pax). The Marina staterooms as shown in the brochure are gorgeous!

Anybody knows when will they publish the schedule for the rest of 2011?

Frank Del Rio stated March 1st or thereabouts

My guess is that the brochure was prepared to be seen by everyone, past guest or not, and contains the "normal" prices. The .pdf file was most likely geared towards past guests only, and contains an extra $500 per passenger discount if the cruise was booked during the early booking period (1/13 to 1/18). I don't know that for sure, but it makes sense to me.

Archived