Crystal caves in bermuda

Good Morning Everyone - I would love to hear from anyone who has toured the Crystal Caves of Bermuda. Looks interesting, but I'm a bit claustrophobic so I'm not sure how I would be - wondering if you have to take an elevator down to access the caves, or perhaps if it's just a walkway. Any opinions would be welcome.

We did Crystal Caves when in Bermuda and loved it. We got there early and only had a few others on our tour. There is quite a long staircase (narrow in some spots) that you have to go down in order to get into the caves which can get slippery. Once in the caves there are walkways to get around. Neither DD or I are claustrophobic so didn't have any issues. We did both caves when we went, maybe try the first one and see how you do as it is larger and not as far down? It is an amazing sight if you can handle it!

We did the Fantasy Cave in October. No elevators, just 88 stairs down and 88 stairs back up; rest areas are provided on the stairs at various locations. The stairs were damp; in fact, everything is damp. What surprised me was that inside the cave was very warm and humid. There were 3 other couples besides us; I would not want to be doing the tour with a bus load of tourists. The cave is nice, but I can not compare it to Crystal Caves.

SBtS

Archived