Fav Meditaranian and or Alaskan Cruise and Line?

I look at the itinerary more than the cruise line. On our Med cruise I had convinced myself that we would try another cruiseline other than RCI, but they ended up having the best itinerary at the best price for us.

When we cruised to Alaska, we went with Celebrity because of available dates, price, embarking port, etc... If we cruised Alaska again, I think we would do a one way North or South, rather than a 7 day round trip out of Vancouver (or Seattle). Or go on a smaller ship, Cruise West looks good to us, a smaller ship more able to get closer to land. Then, take a few days on land to really see a bit of Alaska.

I am planning an Alaskan cruise in 2011 and I hear great things about Princess and Holland America. I have only been on Royal Caribbean, but if the price and itinerary is better on another cruiseline, I will probably book with someone else. You have to decide for yourself when you want to go and what price you are willing to pay and what itinerary you are looking for. A cruise is what you make of it on whatever cruiseline you go on. I have always enjoyed Royal Caribbean and up until this point have never felt the need to try another cruiseline.

Good luck and enjoy,

Beth :D

Please tell me of your fav cruise and cruise line sailing to Alaska and the Mediterranean.Thanks!

Alaska you'll spend a lot of time on the ship, thus cruise ship / line make a larger difference than the Mediterranean IMHO. There its all about the ports. You'll spend 9/10ths of your waking hours ( hopefully ) in port. Ship is for breakfast, dinner and maybe a show or two on sea nights. Unless you are very picky, I'd say for the Med find the line/sailing with your favorite ports. The differences in sailings / ports for Alaska are little and ship experience and luck with weather/nature come into play.

As Chipmaster says, the Med. is about ports. We've sailed P&O, Princess and NCL, and they were more similar than different!:confused:

The best one for ports was Louis, but the ship was awful! We'd do it again for 2 Greek islands a day, but the ships aren't suitable for many on this site...more for the adventurous and back-packers.-jocap.

Archived