New Wine Package List

Simru12

GOLD

Package Price

5 bottles 135.00 USD

7 bottles 180.00 USD

10 bottles 245.00 USD

12 bottles 275.00 USD

A 15.0% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

Sparkling Wines

Korbel Brut

California, USA

White Wines

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Venezie, Italy

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra

Central Valley, Chile

Chardonnay, Aussières Blanc by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite

Languedoc, France

Chardonnay, Castle Rock

Central Coast, California

White Zinfandel, Beringer

California

Red Wines

Merlot, Caliterra

Rapel, Chile

Malbec, Familia Rutini, "Trumpeter"

Mendoza, Argentina

Cabernet Sauvignon, Castle Rock

Paso Robles, California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussières Rouge by

Barons de Rothschild - Lafite

Languedoc, France

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, "Weighbridge"

South Australia

PLATINUM

Package Price

5 bottles 145.00 USD

7 bottles 195.00 USD

10 bottles 265.00 USD

12 bottles 300.00 USD

Sparkling Wines

Korbel Brut

California, USA

White Wines

Riesling, Chateau Ste. Michelle

Columbia Valley, Washington

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Venezie, Italy

Central Valley, Chile

Sauvignon Blanc, Dashwood

Marlborough, New Zealand

Languedoc, France

Chardonnay, Castle Rock

Chardonnay, Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve"

California

Chardonnay, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

California

California

Red Wines

Pinot Noir, Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches"

Monterey, California

Merlot, Caliterra

Rapel, Chile

Mendoza, Argentina

Paso Robles, California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve"

California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussiéres Rouge by

Languedoc, France

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, "Weighbridge"

South Australia

Zinfandel, Cline

California

Zinfandel, Ravenswood, "Old Vine"

Sonoma, California

DIAMOND

Package Price

5 bottles 180.00 USD

7 bottles 240.00 USD

10 bottles 330.00 USD

12 bottles 395.00 USD

Sparkling Wines

Rosa Regale, Castello Banfi, Brachetto d'Acqui

Italy

Korbel Brut

California, USA

White Wines

Riesling, Chateau Ste. Michelle

Columbia Valley, Washington

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Venezie, Italy

Central Valley, Chile

Fumé Blanc, Ferrari-Carano

Sonoma, California

Languedoc, France

Chardonnay, Castle Rock

Chardonnay, Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve"

California

California, USA

Chardonnay, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

California, USA

White Blend, Conundrum

California

California

Red Wines

Pinot Noir, Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches

Monterey, California

Pinot Noir, Spy Valley

Marlborough, New Zealand

Merlot, Charles Krug

Napa, California

Merlot, Caliterra

Rapel, Chile

Mendoza, Argentina

Carmerère, Arboleda

Colchagua, Chile

Paso Robles, California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve"

California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussières Rouge by

Languedoc, France

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, Weighbridge"

South Australia

Zinfandel, Cline

California

Zinfandel, Ravenswood, "Old Vine"

Sonoma, California

Having just come back from the Mariner last week, I can definitely say the wine package prices went up. We were part of a group of 12 and wanted the wine package. Before we left, I contacted RCL to find out what the price of the package was b/c it wasn't posted on their website. RCL gave me the wine price over the phone and explained that it wasn't going to be posted but that I would need to purchase on board. Since we were a large group, I took the price RCL gave me over the phone and divided this amongst everyone and I collected the money from everyone. When we got onboard, I paid for the wine package. It seem much easier this way. On arrival, I ordered the wine package and it turns out that RCL raised the prices of their wine package. Increased prices went into effect beginning with the Sunday that I boarded the cruise. Hence the reason RCL did not post wine prices on their website in late Dec/early Jan. RCL must have known that there was going to be a price increase. Considering that I called RCL only one week before the cruise, they never should have given me the old prices on the phone. RCL must have known about this price increase and warned us that the wine package prices weren't posted due to the price increase. We were not too happy. After complaining to the dining staff, the wine steward and guest relations, they did nothing. We felt they should have honored the old prices b/c that was what was given to us. However, they really didn't seem care :(. Later on during the week, my DH ordered a pair of suspenders from the Tux Dept. He was given one price, signed a receipt for it then when the charge was posted to our account, it was a higher price than what we signed for. We called down to the Tux Dept. and found out the lady used an "old" form. Again, the price had changed. We eventually got the difference back from the Tux Dept. but with RCL not getting their prices right, when does this become our problem.

Just received the weekly leaflet of the wine-shop in the neighbourhood.

For this week there was a very nice offer:

6 bottles of Ruby Cabernet from California for $ 16,50. ( € 12 ).:eek::p

Well, that's a nice price for having the wine onboard.

As an earlier post mentioned the higher the number of bottles package you order, the lower the cost per bottle. With the old pricing it was the same cost per bottle, within pennies, no matter which number of bottles package you ordered within the same level, gold, platinum or diamond. It will now be cheaper to share a larger number of bottle package with friends rather than order two lesser bottles packages. In the past we tended to share our wine with others traveling with us. Example, each of two couples would order a five bottles packages for a ten night cruise and we would alternately share one bottle each night. Now you would be better off to share the cost of a ten or twelve bottles package. You can now get a twelve bottles gold package for only $5 more than two five bottles packages.

Hi!

My husband and I will be the only 2 drinking the wine and I would not normally drink 5 bottles in 7 days. :D Can anyone give me an average price per glass of wine so we can decide if the package would save us anything. Thanks so much!!

Michelle

That has changed, too. Now the least expensive wine by the glass is Castle Rock, at $7. They're not serviing La Terre in the bars (and are not showing a house wine per se), which is why I had such high hopes that it was no longer onboard, but no such luck. I'll see about pinching a bar menu and posting those prices.

I have noticed as I've been transcribing the list that the prices of the wines we used to order have gone up, in some cases by quite a bit. A bottle of Cakebread Cellars was $50 and is now $67.:(

Oh, and good luck actually ordering any of the wines on the new list. I wanted to use my Diamond coupon for 20% off the second bottle, so I ordered a white wine with no problem. But then when I tried to order a red at the qualifying price (over $50) I struck out (three strikes for those who play cricket:p) before I finally found one for $49. The waiter (this was in Portofino) told me AFTER DINNER that my coupon could not be applied. Given that he had taken the coupon when I ordered the wine, I thought that was dirty pool. I mentioned that they didn't have 3 of the wines that I purchased and that he could charge me an extra $1 for the wine and then discount it. He went to the manager, who had to call HIS supervisor for permission to apply the coupon. Good thing we weren't in a hurry.:rolleyes:

DH was able to purchase a package last week for Rhapsody next week. We'll see what happens when we actually board.

Here is the wine by the glass menu from our May08 Radiance cruise.

Rad50870.jpg

We're on the Navigator on Feb 8, and they made the packages available for purchase online this past Thursday. After being told TWICE by Gift & Gear people the prices were not increasing, as many of you know now, they were fibbing.

Given Jean's experiences of getting wines from the list, we may rethink the package idea. I guess I have to wait until we get on board to find out if they have all the list wines available.

That has changed, too. Now the least expensive wine by the glass is Castle Rock, at $7. They're not serviing La Terre in the bars (and are not showing a house wine per se), which is why I had such high hopes that it was no longer onboard, but no such luck. I'll see about pinching a bar menu and posting those prices.

Yes, I knew that menu was dated but we were on X Mercury in Nov. and their wine by the glass menu was in the same price range, $5.50 to $9. Also on that Mercury cruise, the pour for the wine by the glass was really short or small compared to previous cruises. One waiter said that X's HO had mandated that they were to now get 5 glasses per bottle compared to the typical 4 previously done. Maybe RCI management has decided just to increase their wine by the glass prices instead of being devious with short pours. I know a few people on our roll call were upset at the short pours and stopped buying wine by the glass.

I will be leaving for San Diego for a Radiance Mexican cruise next Sunday and will take shots of the different bar menus then. I see your next cruise is down under so the prices may be higher since the ship is not sailing from a North Am. port. I don't bother taking and scanning menus. I just take picture of the menus with my Sony Cyber-shot camera set to the VGA setting (small image size for internet attachment). That way I can post and send shots easily from the ship since I travel with our laptop.

Hello! We have been on several RCL cruises and always get the wine package. It is a better deal if you drink wine with dinner. I hope this thread has been helpful to other fellow wine drinkers because it can be confusing for people new to RCL. I see the packages have changed which may be a good thing as they didn't have much to choose from in the past. And if the prices are what people have been listing, then it's still a good deal. We just hate "La Terre" in fact we call it "La Terrible" but that is just our opinion for what it's worth. I too would like to see a wine list from the dining room if anyone can get one off and scan it for us. I usually take one when I cruise so I can review it prior to the next cruise and I'd be curious to see what the new menu looks like and the prices.

I sail VOS on Feb 28th out of Galveston.

Thanks!

Barbara

Yes, I knew that menu was dated but we were on X Mercury in Nov. and their wine by the glass menu was in the same price range, $5.50 to $9. Also on that Mercury cruise, the pour for the wine by the glass was really short or small compared to previous cruises. One waiter said that X's HO had mandated that they were to now get 5 glasses per bottle compared to the typical 4 previously done. Maybe RCI management has decided just to increase their wine by the glass prices instead of being devious with short pours. I know a few people on our roll call were upset at the short pours and stopped buying wine by the glass.

I will be leaving for San Diego for a Radiance Mexican cruise next Sunday and will take shots of the different bar menus then. I see your next cruise is down under so the prices may be higher since the ship is not sailing from a North Am. port. I don't bother taking and scanning menus. I just take picture of the menus with my Sony Cyber-shot camera set to the VGA setting (small image size for internet attachment). That way I can post and send shots easily from the ship since I travel with our laptop.

I did the same thing and the wine list is now accessible in the link in my signature. I had no problem with short pours, either.:) And watch which wine list you get - Radiance has two of them in the bars - one for her (former) South American cruises and one for North America. The Schooner Bar had the South American list, which is more expensive.

Hello! We have been on several RCL cruises and always get the wine package. It is a better deal if you drink wine with dinner. I hope this thread has been helpful to other fellow wine drinkers because it can be confusing for people new to RCL. I see the packages have changed which may be a good thing as they didn't have much to choose from in the past. And if the prices are what people have been listing, then it's still a good deal. We just hate "La Terre" in fact we call it "La Terrible" but that is just our opinion for what it's worth. I too would like to see a wine list from the dining room if anyone can get one off and scan it for us. I usually take one when I cruise so I can review it prior to the next cruise and I'd be curious to see what the new menu looks like and the prices.

I sail VOS on Feb 28th out of Galveston.

Thanks!

Barbara

I have posted the wine list on Webshots - click on the link in my signature.:) I disagree that the wine package is always the better deal - if you don't like the wines, then it's no deal at all, no matter what the price.

Critterchick, thanks so much for posting the whole wine list. I am really disappointed in the list this time. Last time I was able to find some lovely wines for $40 and under, this time the list seems much more limited. I wish the wine tasting was still free to C&A members. I may have to go to it anyway before wasting my money on wines that I take one sip from and don't like. At least now I can go to the liquor store and see what I can taste test before boarding.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Archived