New Wine Package List

Simru12

;) All three packages contain, at best, mediocre to average wines. Absolutely nothing special or noteworthy. No, I am not a wine snob, but I did work professionally in the wine industry for 15 years, mostly as an educator/importer.

Don't get me wrong....there is nothing wrong with drinking and enjoying these particular wines, but for me they simply induce a large yawn.

Happy sailing to all.

I am with you on that!!!!

As for the Trumpeter Malbec, it is nasty! I like Alamos Malbec. I'm sorry to see LaTerre is gone. I guess I will continue to buy from the regular wine menu. Will someone please post it when they find a copy?

Thanks,

Cheryl

We have sailed RCCL many times and always do the wine package....if you are a wine drinker, it is definitely a better deal because you save a % off each bottle depending on what you like. We used to go with the GOLD package but based on something I just saw on a different posting, we may have to upgrade at least one level this year. My husband and I are not fans of La Terre (we call it La Terrible!) so I am not dissappointed to hear about that change! I would like to see a regular wine list from the restaurant if anyone has one to post though because that is really the only way you can figure out what level to buy the wine package based on what that wine you would order would cost plust gratuity if you paid for it bottle at a time in the dining room.

Anyone got the menu? I usually try to take one from a cruise and post it for others. THANKS!

Sailing VOS out of Galveston on 2/28/10 - 3/7/10.

Barbara

I'm glad they added one of my favorites --- Rosa Regale.

Ditto on that! Never a leftover from that bottle. :D I do wish they'd switch the Chateau St Michelle Reisling for another though, there's one on the regular wine menu that's much better.

I did like the Faustino that was on the Diamond list, but it's gone.

I like St Frances, J. Lohr, Jordan, Francis Coppola, good hearty, oak, cabs. I went on the website for RCCL and they aren't posted yet.

Cheryl

We liked Faustino VII too. Arboleda Carmenere is another good one. Have you tried the Robert Mondavi Solaire that is on the new wine list? We tried to find a bottle locally but, no luck.......guess we'll have to wait to try it on our upcoming Radiance cruise. ;)

No, I haven't seen that Robert Mondavi. Last year, I tried to find some of the wines so I could taste test them ahead of time, but I didn't have much luck. I did like the Cline Zinfandel, it was ok. I love Jordan, but I won't spend $100 for it. I have champagne tastes and a water glass pocketbook at this point.

If I do find and test any of them, i'll let you know.

Cheryl

We're taking Voyager on Feb 7th, and the wine lists just opened up tonight for us to purchase. Here's what they've got listed... The Gold doesn't make much sense because it's showing more wines than the Platinum, but I'm just copy/pasting what rccl.com says:

Gold

5 bottles: $135

7 bottles: $180

10 bottles: $245

12 bottles: $275

Sparkling Wines

Korbel Brut

California, USA

White Wines

Riesling, Chateau Ste. Michelle

Columbia Valley, Washington

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Venezie, Italy

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra

Central Valley, Chile

Sauvignon Blanc, Dashwood

Marlborough, New Zealand

Chardonnay, Aussières Blanc by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite

Languedoc, France

Chardonnay, Castle Rock

Central Coast, California

Chardonnay, Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve"

California

Chardonnay, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

California

White Zinfandel, Beringer

California

Red Wines

Pinot Noir, Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches"

Monterey, California

Merlot, Caliterra

Rapel, Chile

Malbec, Familia Rutini, "Trumpeter"

Mendoza, Argentina

Cabernet Sauvignon, Castle Rock

Paso Robles, California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve"

California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussiéres Rouge by

Barons de Rothschild - Lafite

Languedoc, France

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, "Weighbridge"

South Australia

Zinfandel, Cline

California

Zinfandel, Ravenswood, "Old Vine"

Sonoma, California

Platinum

5 bottles: $145

7 bottles: $195

10 bottles: $265

12 bottles: $300

Sparkling Wines

Korbel Brut

California, USA

White Wines

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Venezie, Italy

Central Valley, Chile

Languedoc, France

Chardonnay, Castle Rock

California

Red Wines

Merlot, Caliterra

Rapel, Chile

Mendoza, Argentina

Paso Robles, California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussières Rouge by

Languedoc, France

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, "Weighbridge"

South Australia

Diamond

5 bottles: $180

7 bottles: $240

10 bottles: $330

12 bottles: $395

Sparkling Wines

Rosa Regale, Castello Banfi, Brachetto d'Acqui

Italy

Korbel Brut

California, USA

White Wines

Riesling, Chateau Ste. Michelle

Columbia Valley, Washington

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Venezie, Italy

Central Valley, Chile

Fumé Blanc, Ferrari-Carano

Sonoma, California

Languedoc, France

Chardonnay, Castle Rock

Chardonnay, Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve"

California

California, USA

Chardonnay, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

California, USA

White Blend, Conundrum

California

California

Red Wines

Pinot Noir, Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches

Monterey, California

Pinot Noir, Spy Valley

Marlborough, New Zealand

Merlot, Charles Krug

Napa, California

Merlot, Caliterra

Rapel, Chile

Mendoza, Argentina

Carmerère, Arboleda

Colchagua, Chile

Paso Robles, California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Kendall-Jackson, "Vintner's Reserve"

California

Cabernet Sauvignon, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussières Rouge by

Languedoc, France

Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, Weighbridge"

South Australia

Zinfandel, Cline

California

Zinfandel, Ravenswood, "Old Vine"

Sonoma, California

If you buy a wine package, you can order the bottle in the dining room. There's no corkage for that. If you purchase a bottle from Gifts & Gear and have it delivered to your cabin, then bring it to the dining room, they may charge corkage (12, not $15) depending on your luck.

And I had the Trumpeter Malbec last night. Delish!

If you are on a 7 day cruise, can you order the 5 bottle package or are you obligated to purchase a 7 bottle wine and dine?

We have two specialty dining reservations during our up coming 7 day cruise and we plan on doing a wine pairing with those dinners, so we would only need the Wine and Dine package for the other 5 nights.

If you are on a 7 day cruise, can you order the 5 bottle package or are you obligated to purchase a 7 bottle wine and dine?

We have two specialty dining reservations during our up coming 7 day cruise and we plan on doing a wine pairing with those dinners, so we would only need the Wine and Dine package for the other 5 nights.

Quoting myself because I just found out the answer to my own question. Wine and Dine is finally available for my 7 day sailing. I ordered a 5 bottle Diamond package for $180 (as listed by the previous poster) plus 15% gratuity making my grand total $207.

We're taking Voyager on Feb 7th, and the wine lists just opened up tonight for us to purchase. Here's what they've got listed... The Gold doesn't make much sense because it's showing more wines than the Platinum, but I'm just copy/pasting what rccl.com says:

This puzzled me also when I looked at the Wine & Dine list when I first looked at it for my up coming Radiance cruise. I was going to order it on board so could confirm if it was correct then. I just checked the W&D list and it appears the Gold and Platimum packages were transposed or reversed initially. The platinum pkg listed above is now the gold pkg and the gold pkg lists the wines in the platinum pkg above.

It seems like the price for the Diamond Package increased by over 20%, for average cost $34 per bottle. Looking at the list, there are 4 or 5 wines that are worth $34 and more. I have not order the wine package before, and just wondering if all the wines will be available, or we might be asked to order something different because the wine we want is not available. Did anyone had that problem before???

I just checked for ordering for my upcoming cruise and the packages are now available. Unlike what I have been told on the phone by RCCL (TWICE), the prices have increased across the board.

Following is a list of Number of bottles in package; what the prices are now, before and after the 15% gratuity, the amount of increase per package, and average per bottle price before gratuity. Critterchick said she will post the new Wine Menu when she returns from her cruise so we will be able to compare prices then.

GOLD

5 - $135; $155.25; +$22; $27

7 - $180; $207; +$22; $25.70

10 - $245; $281.75; +$19; $24.50

12 - $275; $316.25; +$2; $22.90

PLATINUM

5 - $145; $166.75; +$20; $29

7 - $195; $224.25; +$22; $27.85

10- $265; $304.75; +$15; $26.50

12- $300; $345; +$1; $25

DIAMOND

5 - $180; $207; +$43; $25.70

7 - $240; $276; +$51; $34.30

10- $330; $379.50; +$56; $47.15

12- $395; $454.25; +$76; $32.90

I double-checked for the Diamond level as I thought they were all disproportionate to the Gold and Platinum, but they are correct as listed above. For only 6 more choices than the Platinum level, I don't foresee a lot of people opting for the Diamond packages anytime soon. Let's hope they see this information before they buy.

The corkage fee in the dining room for a bottle from your wine package that was delivered to your cabin makes NO SENSE at all. But it is on the RCI web site, so there is no way to escape it unless you bring a corkscrew and open a bottle yourself in your cabin. And I would not be surprised if you were not still charged a corkage fee if you brought the uncorked bottle to the table. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if they let it slide. The only reason for me to buy the package is to save a little money over buying individual bottles.

Note to CC’s -

Please have all wine packages and wine gifts delivered to the dining room . You can easily take the wine to the cabin, but not the other way around We made a mistake twice (you would think we could learn a lesson the first time!) and ordered a state room gift of wine for some friends. When they returned they told us there were to be charged for even bringing the bottle to the dining room. A few weeks later we ordered our Diamond Plus wine amenity delivered to the cabin. Again – they wanted to charge us for bringing the OPENED bottle ( we opened it in the cabin) to the dining room.

Ever since – we simply have the wine delivered to the dining room.

On a side note, I am told that a TA wine gift MUST be delivered to the stateroom and cannot be delivered to the dining room. Perhaps the TA’s who read these boards can verify this practice.

Lastly, Is there a new actual wine list? If so, I would love to see a copy.

Thanks all

Cheers

M

I just checked for ordering for my upcoming cruise and the packages are now available. Unlike what I have been told on the phone by RCCL (TWICE), the prices have increased across the board.

Following is a list of Number of bottles in package; what the prices are now, before and after the 15% gratuity, the amount of increase per package, and average per bottle price before gratuity. Critterchick said she will post the new Wine Menu when she returns from her cruise so we will be able to compare prices then.

GOLD

5 - $135; $155.25; +$22; $27

7 - $180; $207; +$22; $25.70

10 - $245; $281.75; +$19; $24.50

12 - $275; $316.25; +$2; $22.90

PLATINUM

5 - $145; $166.75; +$20; $29

7 - $195; $224.25; +$22; $27.85

10- $265; $304.75; +$15; $26.50

12- $300; $345; +$1; $25

DIAMOND

5 - $180; $207; +$43; $25.70

7 - $240; $276; +$51; $34.30

10- $330; $379.50; +$56; $47.15

12- $395; $454.25; +$76; $32.90

I double-checked for the Diamond level as I thought they were all disproportionate to the Gold and Platinum, but they are correct as listed above. For only 6 more choices than the Platinum level, I don't foresee a lot of people opting for the Diamond packages anytime soon. Let's hope they see this information before they buy.

What??? Excuse me if I'm slow.... A Gold package use to cost $180 - and included tip - but now the cost is $180 and doesn't include tip? - And they're saying that the price hasn't been raised? :confused:

Doesn't sound right as the

Sauvignon Blanc, Dashwood, Marlborough, New Zealand

is on the Diamond and Plat lists only.

I think they have their titles mixed up!

Thanks for confirming what I had always thought that the wines in the restaurant were very ordinary. Is this the reason cheese is served on the table even before you have sight of the menu? This is certainly unique.

Coming from Ireland and cruising from an American port one would expect a decent Napa wine. Any suggestions?

Note to CC’s -

Please have all wine packages and wine gifts delivered to the dining room . You can easily take the wine to the cabin, but not the other way around We made a mistake twice (you would think we could learn a lesson the first time!) and ordered a state room gift of wine for some friends. When they returned they told us there were to be charged for even bringing the bottle to the dining room. A few weeks later we ordered our Diamond Plus wine amenity delivered to the cabin. Again – they wanted to charge us for bringing the OPENED bottle ( we opened it in the cabin) to the dining room.

Ever since – we simply have the wine delivered to the dining room.

On a side note, I am told that a TA wine gift MUST be delivered to the stateroom and cannot be delivered to the dining room. Perhaps the TA’s who read these boards can verify this practice.

Lastly, Is there a new actual wine list? If so, I would love to see a copy.

Thanks all

Cheers

M

Yes, there is a new wine list. I'll post it some time next week when I'm home from Mariner. I doubt that it's on all of the ships yet.

As for wine packages, you don't have to order all of the bottles at once - you get a sticker for your Seapass and show that to your waiter, or a server in the WJ, or call room service for a delivery (I think you can still do that). If you ask for a bottle off your package in the MDR, you are NOT charged corkage (at least you're not supposed to be). But for any wine that you order in advance to be delivered (from the Wine Cellar list), if it's delivered to your cabin you may be charged if you bring it to the dining room.

Because we seldom eat in the dining room, we opt to have our DP amenity wine delivered to our cabin so we don't have to hunt it down. Somehow we manage to consume it there.:D I did bring my DP wine to Chops the other night and was not charged corkage, BTW.

Yes, there is a new wine list. I'll post it some time next week when I'm home from Mariner. I doubt that it's on all of the ships yet.

As for wine packages, you don't have to order all of the bottles at once - you get a sticker for your Seapass and show that to your waiter, or a server in the WJ, or call room service for a delivery (I think you can still do that). If you ask for a bottle off your package in the MDR, you are NOT charged corkage (at least you're not supposed to be). But for any wine that you order in advance to be delivered (from the Wine Cellar list), if it's delivered to your cabin you may be charged if you bring it to the dining room.

Because we seldom eat in the dining room, we opt to have our DP amenity wine delivered to our cabin so we don't have to hunt it down. Somehow we manage to consume it there.:D I did bring my DP wine to Chops the other night and was not charged corkage, BTW.

Jean,

When we were on the Mariner last September, we were told by the staff at Vintages that if we purchased a bottle of wine from them and they opened it up for us to taste, we could then cork it and bring it to the MDR without incurring a corkage charge. We never did it and I'm wondering if that is accurate.

Thanks for checking.

In all my cruises, i've never had a cheese plate on the dining room table.

Simply ask your wait staff. He/she will be happy to bring one. One plate is more than enough for 2 and will actually serve 4. I has not been listed on the menu for years but readily available.

We sometimes have one waiting ( we ask the evening before) and we sometimes have one for dessert.

M

Archived