New Wine Package List

Simru12

Just checked to see if the Wine Package Purchase for my upcoming cruise was available yet (it isn't), but I noticed they've revised the lists of wines offered. http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/SampleWineMenu.pdf

It seems a MOST of them are new. (At least 60% of each level). I called RCI to ask if the prices have changed (they have not) and if it will still be available for purchase 14 days out. I was told that they have just recently loaded the overall package list, but have not loaded them in for the individual pacakges so we will have to purchase on-board.

My question to all you helpful people is this. Has anyone sailed recently that might have a current wine list? I'd like to see how the menu prices compare to the package prices.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Interesting additions - many thanks for posting.

The Diamond list seems much improved - good to see NZ Sauv Blancs making an appearance and the Ravenswood Zin and the Lehman Shiraz.

Sorry to see the Cordonui Spanish fizz going though, and shame that there isn't a good rosé - how many bottles of Chardonnay does one list need

Does anyone know roughly what the package prices are and what they include. I would like to get a package with between 3 and 5 wines in the gold package, does anyone know the price?

Curent package prices (if they were correct in saying they aren't changing) as are follows: (Keep in mind, these are before the 15% 'tip')

GOLD

5-Bottle 129.95

7-Bottle 181.70

PLATINUM

5-Bottle 143.75

7-Bottle 198.95

DIAMOND

5-Bottle 157.55

7-Bottle 217.35

There is also another set for either 10 or 12 bottles (I don't remember) that I didn't get the prices for since we're only going to be on a 5-day cruise.

Curent package prices (if they were correct in saying they aren't changing) as are follows: (Keep in mind, these are before the 15% 'tip')

GOLD

5-Bottle 129.95

7-Bottle 181.70

PLATINUM

5-Bottle 143.75

7-Bottle 198.95

DIAMOND

5-Bottle 157.55

7-Bottle 217.35

There is also another set for either 10 or 12 bottles (I don't remember) that I didn't get the prices for since we're only going to be on a 5-day cruise.

Then you have to add the $15 corkage fee for each bottle you would like to have at dinner or you can have them in your stateroom.

The Ravenswood is the Vintners Blend which is one of the two Ravenswood we do not care for.

Then you have to add the $15 corkage fee for each bottle you would like to have at dinner or you can have them in your stateroom.

That's the part I find odd. If you opt to have the bottles delivered to your cabin, then take them to the Dining Room, they charge you the corkage fee. If you order them IN the dining room, you don't get charged. (From what I understand, you can also get a bottle form you list and take it back to your cabin as well)

The Diamond list seems much improved - good to see NZ Sauv Blancs making an appearance and the Ravenswood Zin and the Lehman Shiraz.

Sorry to see the Cordonui Spanish fizz going though, and shame that there isn't a good rosé - how many bottles of Chardonnay does one list need

I agree. Also sad to see the Rioja gone, but they added a Malbec (my favorite) so I', OK with it.

That's the part I find odd. If you opt to have the bottles delivered to your cabin, then take them to the Dining Room, they charge you the corkage fee. If you order them IN the dining room, you don't get charged. (From what I understand, you can also get a bottle form you list and take it back to your cabin as well)

Maybe because if you have it sent to the MDR they credit the 15% gratuity to your MDR waiters?

On other cruise lines I've sailed (that all seem to allow you to bring on wine), they only charged the corkage fee when you brought your own bottle of wine to dinner. So, RCCL dinning staff have to assume that the wine you are bringing to dinner MUST have been purchased on board, since they don't allow you to bring your own with you. So, why the corkage fee??? I can somewhat understand it on other lines where they don't make any money off your personal bottle of wine.

What if I buy a wine package, which I assume is delivered to my cabin, open up the bottle in my cabin, then push the cork back in it, and just carry to my dining room table to have during dinner. It's already been uncorked...will they still charge me a fee?

What is this 'Leftover Wine' of which you speak?

LOL

David,

I have never heard of left over wine either... We have always found an open bottle to go empty way to fast

Look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks and thanks for finding the new package as my wifes favorite wine in now on the list (no chance of leftovers now)

Rick

;) All three packages contain, at best, mediocre to average wines. Absolutely nothing special or noteworthy. No, I am not a wine snob, but I did work professionally in the wine industry for 15 years, mostly as an educator/importer.

Don't get me wrong....there is nothing wrong with drinking and enjoying these particular wines, but for me they simply induce a large yawn.

Happy sailing to all.

I dont understand why you would pay a corkage.

Let me write what I have read, and maybe someone can clarify

I can pay, let use an example: $129 for 5 bottles of (yawn) wine from the short list. I choose to send this to my TABLE or my STATEROOM for the same price, correct?

THEN- if I had the bottle sent to my room, and decide I would like to open it at dinner, I have to pay ANOTHER $15?

Help me understand the advantage of buying the package?

If you have your waiter open and serve (or not) the bottle of wine at the restaurant there is no corkage fee. You may then take the full bottle or whatever is left to your room and drink it as you please.

Don't know what if any extra charges are added if you decide to have the bottle delivered to your room. But I doubt very much it's $15.

I dont understand why you would pay a corkage.

Let me write what I have read, and maybe someone can clarify

I can pay, let use an example: $129 for 5 bottles of (yawn) wine from the short list. I choose to send this to my TABLE or my STATEROOM for the same price, correct?

THEN- if I had the bottle sent to my room, and decide I would like to open it at dinner, I have to pay ANOTHER $15?

Help me understand the advantage of buying the package?

Some posts are confusing two different ways of buying wine.

If you get a Wine & Dine package the wine typically must be delivered in a restaurant such as the MDR, Windjammer, Chops etc. but can be taken back to your cabin from any dining room. There is not any corkage fee with these packages.

If you order wine before your cruise from the Wine Cellar in the Shop & Gift section of RC web site, you can have the wine delivered to the dining room without a corkage fee or have delivered to your stateroom but a corkage fee will apply if you then decide to take the wine to a dining room. Below is what is on RC web, page,http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000pdMlRXWK0DknBwlXAooZ4qA:13hldcctq?catCode=WINE, re this

Our extensive Wine Cellar Collection rivals those of the finest restaurants, offering more than 50 bottles of wine and champagne from around the world. Order from the list below and have your favorite bottle delivered to your stateroom or to your table at dinner. Please choose Dining Room delivery if you wish to drink your wine in the dining room (corkage fee is waived). Stateroom delivery indicates you will drink your wine in your stateroom only.

The corkage fee in the dining room for a bottle from your wine package that was delivered to your cabin makes NO SENSE at all. But it is on the RCI web site, so there is no way to escape it unless you bring a corkscrew and open a bottle yourself in your cabin. And I would not be surprised if you were not still charged a corkage fee if you brought the uncorked bottle to the table. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if they let it slide. The only reason for me to buy the package is to save a little money over buying individual bottles.

Archived