Anybody Back from 6 Night Independence?

allelect

Will be going on the 6-night Independence Western Caribbean on January 31. Would like to know which are the formal nights, lobster night (can't miss that!) Am looking to book Portofino and Chops. Would like to know your impressions of the ports of call and how was your experience overall. Thanks!

Will be going on the 6-night Independence Western Caribbean on January 31. Would like to know which are the formal nights, lobster night (can't miss that!) Am looking to book Portofino and Chops. Would like to know your impressions of the ports of call and how was your experience overall. Thanks!

I am sailing on the 31st too. it looks as though our ship is FULL.

We are also going on the 31st. I think the formal nights are the 2nd and 5th night.

That's right, and I think lobster was the 2nd formal night.

In Belize we used Coral Breezes for the 2nd time. Did snorkeling, bannister island, and manatee watch. The weather was terrible for those activities.

I recommend Caye Caulker over Bannister.

In Costa Maya we did the Mayan experience with Native Choice, it was really great.

We stayed on the ship in Cozumel.

I thought the dining room food was good, and I have pretty high standards (X standards). I did not care for the windjammer, but I am not a buffet kinda gal.

We did chops & I thought it was fine. I have several food allergies and wanted the dessert from Portofino and they said no.

The Flowrider looks like it's more fun than it is!! The rock climbing wall was good but scary, however my 6 year old scurried to the top on his first try.

The captain was great, on our last sea day he slowed way down (I would guess we were going 2 knots!) so that we could hang onto the sunny warm weather.

Debarkation was a disaster, next time I would buy transfers from RCCL.

We were in a grand suite if you have ?s about that.

I see a few of you are going on the Jan. 31st sailing, come check out our roll call for this sailing as we have a nice group of people chatting about this cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=768317&page=26

We are doing the Coral Breezes tour of Caye Caulker and the Sting Ray City snorkel in Belize, staying on the ship in Costa Maya, and going to Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. Quite a few from our roll call are going to the Maya Chan resort in Costa Maya. They got a pretty good rate for having a group booking together.

We booked Chops on the night we are in Belize since it won't interfere with any formal nights, and I beleive that night is Italian night in the MDR, which isn't our favorite.

Keith

I think I read somewhere that the captain has been adjusting the "ship time" to match "shore time" on this itinerary lately. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Yes, you will fall back the first night, and spring ahead the 2nd to the last night.

Archived