Dining room attire

susique

We are with a group of 38 desending on the Destiny for a 4 day. Some of us have never cruised with Carnival. I was looking today for info on the dress code for the main dining room. Am I correct when I understood that jeans and polos are fine, except for the formal night? We are a group of Harley owners and pretty much all they wear are jeans and Harley shirts and T-shirts. How many nights are Elegant Dining on a 4 day? Info will be greatly appreciated.

The rules they announced were no wife beaters and no ball caps in the dining room, but this wasnt enforced, the men ignored this. You can wear just about anything else except a bathing suit. ..You can even wear shorts. I think they said long shorts, not short shorts.

We are with a group of 38 desending on the Destiny for a 4 day. Some of us have never cruised with Carnival. I was looking today for info on the dress code for the main dining room. Am I correct when I understood that jeans and polos are fine, except for the formal night? How many nights are Elegant Dining on a 4 day? Info will be greatly appreciated.

You are correct, and there's only one Elegant night.

I mean, how many of these dining room attire threads are we going to have to have? Look on Carnivals website under FAQ. You will be amazed at how many of these pointless threads would never be started if everyone did that!

Better yet, why not turn this site into read only. Everythings been asked and answered, right? :rolleyes:

But more importantly, why did YOU open it?

I mean, how many of these dining room attire threads are we going to have to have? Look on Carnivals website under FAQ. You will be amazed at how many of these pointless threads would never be started if everyone did that!

That was the OPs 8th post ... how do you expect them for sure to know how to get to other posts on the subject.

Every question has been asked before.

That was the OPs 8th post ... how do you expect them for sure to know how to get to other posts on the subject.

Every question has been asked before.

What about the meaning of life? :confused:

The best answer is provided by Carnival:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

Seems pretty straight forward to me...

:)

Sorry, this will be my first and last post. Did not think I would offend anyone. I am sincere. I did read FAQ and wanted to make sure I read it correctly.

Sorry, this will be my first and last post. Did not think I would offend anyone. I am sincere. I did read FAQ and wanted to make sure I read it correctly.

Susique....Don't run away just because of one moronic reply. Ask away. You'll find LOTS of helpful people here!

There are alot of opinionated people some are complete jerks and alot have a wealth of knowledge to provide

dont let one persons comments limit your question asking

on these board there are never any stupid questions just alot of people giving stupid answers:D

Again, I apologize if I offended you. But, as Host Mach said, the FAQ on Carnival's site seems pretty straight foward

We have sailed on Princess and NCL. I was a little confused by Elegant dining and casual. I thought casual may have just been at the pizza joint and the buffet. I thought that the term "Elegant" may have mean't the main dining room throughout the cruise. Thanks everyone who reponded with respect and kindness. I hope my lst cruise with Carnaval is as enjoyable as my previous cruises.

Can you rent one on the boat?

I looked in the FAQ's but didn't see anything?

I've never been on a CCL ship yet but they do have a place to rent them onboard. I would just bring some dress slacks and a dress shirt since that is the minumum requirement.

Read enough of these threads,,and there are a ton of them,,you'll get the idea that many won't follow the code that MACH posted (off Carnival's website) because they are the "no one can tell me what to do" people,,but most do follow the code, at least that's my read on things. But I will find out first hand in 49 days (BTW, I will wear a sport coat but I don't have to fly,,I am 20 minutes from the port).

you'll get the idea that many won't follow the code that MACH posted (off Carnival's website) because they are the "no one can tell me what to do" people

Its not just Carnival its other cruise lines as well that people wear what they want I dont get it but I know ill pass muster:D

BTW My freinds dad transported the shuttle years ago in the 70's when we lived in Downey My sis still lives across the street from him

Excuse us lowly peons who don't know what is available on this site and are finding our way through and are simply asking seasoned, POLITE posters to help. Sorry we wasted your time and deigned to ask a legitimate question. Don't respond if it is so beneath you.

Its not just Carnival its other cruise lines as well that people wear what they want I dont get it but I know ill pass muster:D

BTW My freinds dad transported the shuttle years ago in the 70's when we lived in Downey My sis still lives across the street from him

The Rockwell plant is gone though (Our citys motto year's ago was "Home of Apollo"). It is now a mall, Kaiser hospital, movie studio (last thing filmed there was part of Iron Man 2 a couple of months back), space shuttle museum and a park. Soon to also have a Tesla car factory . Big piece of property.

That's how I feel about dress codes. I read them, I follow them out of respect for the crew, the line and the other passengers that also follow rules. Others can do what they want, I know a Matre 'D won't be giving me the "eye" and I won't feel out of place.

Wow!!! Some people!! For some people to be so mean on a cruising website... and we wonder whats happened to the world. Geeeezzzzz.. either help the OP or don't respond....

Ok, for DH and myself on formal night... I wear a nice dress (cocktail) and he wears a suit.. no tux or ball gowns. For all the other nights, try to think business casual..on vaca.... DH always wears collared shirts... I normally wear simple dresses or something.. You don't have to dress up... but it's nice when folks wear something a little nicer that what you saw them in on the Lido!:D

Don't let others with their rudeness keep you away. If you stay away they win and you won't get your question answered. If I see a post that has been pounded into the ground I don't open it. If I dooen it and it's something that's been gone over again and again I leave. I don't feel a need to be rude to the OP. I agree that you can go to the Carnival site and get the info but sometimes the written word is not all that clear. That's why we have these forums, to clear up what people don't understand. Hope you keep coming back and also hope you enjoy your cruise.

Archived