Dining room attire

susique

The Rockwell plant is gone though (Our citys motto year's ago was "Home of Apollo"). It is now a mall, Kaiser hospital, movie studio (last thing filmed there was part of Iron Man 2 a couple of months back), space shuttle museum and a park. Soon to also have a Tesla car factory . Big piece of property.

That's how I feel about dress codes. I read them, I follow them out of respect for the crew, the line and the other passengers that also follow rules. Others can do what they want, I know a Matre 'D won't be giving me the "eye" and I won't feel out of place.

My GrandFather was an engineer on the space capsules thats why I lived there in the late 60' early 70's I went to Rio Hondo Elementary and I remember as a kid watching it on TV and being able to climb thru one after they had it brought it to Rockwell It was so cool

That whole area has transformed since than as Downey has also Im so glad I moved back to SF in the early 70's

And concerning the dress code I agree with you completly Im 4th generation Navy I dont mind following dress codes and it makes my GF happy to dress up as we dont much at home

IMO, the way Carnival describes the dress code for dinner is sort of confusing. I don't blame anyone for asking this question. I do think however that" Cruise Elegant " means a little dressier than a pair of dockers and a golf shirt..:rolleyes:

Sorry, this will be my first and last post. Did not think I would offend anyone. I am sincere. I did read FAQ and wanted to make sure I read it correctly.
\\

No don't go because of a few people:(

U are correct about the dress code, occasionally it is inforced & people are not permitted to the dining room, as long as you stick to the guidelines, you & your group will be fine.

Hope you have a great cruise & will come back if you have any other questions:)

yeah, the subject gets beaten to death, but what are these message boards for anyway?

What we are expected to wear and what we can get away with are often two differing concepts. My thoughts are...

1) Carnival is not that strict

2) as long as one makes an effort, they should be fine

3) men's shirts should have collars

4) it changes from night to night...open seating evenings is anything goes, elegant a step up from the casual night. Those who went frumpy on night one may dress smart/sharp the next night.

5) a sport coat is an easy one step to classy

6) fellow guest don't seem too concerned how I dress

7) jeans are tolerated, but most men opt for trousers

8) these are MY experiences and mine alone....I don't have a monopoly on truth.

We are with a group of 38 desending on the Destiny for a 4 day. Some of us have never cruised with Carnival. I was looking today for info on the dress code for the main dining room. Am I correct when I understood that jeans and polos are fine, except for the formal night? We are a group of Harley owners and pretty much all they wear are jeans and Harley shirts and T-shirts. How many nights are Elegant Dining on a 4 day? Info will be greatly appreciated.

1 night is pseudo-dressy. The shorter the cruise, the less formal anything is.

Jeans are fine on the other nights - it is all I wear.

A lot of groups have tshirts, polo, and other shirts made and wear them all over the ship.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a Harley shirt compared to some things in the dining room.

FYI, there is at least one Harley cruise/year!

To the OP...... Enjoy your cruise! This is a great way to find out LOTs of info. Some nicely put others not so nice. But that happens every day. Someone always needs to put others down.

Ask away....... some will normally always answer. There is a search tool as well. I personally try to start there. I think 98% percent of the time I am looking for something very specific about a broad subject after going through 3-4 threads adn still not finding my answer I ask. I try to be specific as possible when given the chance.

I mean, how many of these dining room attire threads are we going to have to have? Look on Carnivals website under FAQ. You will be amazed at how many of these pointless threads would never be started if everyone did that!

I understand they have charm and grace classes on board for those who need them - may I suggest you look into that? The OP didn't need this kind of response to a reasonable question.

I understand they have charm and grace classes on board for those who need them - may I suggest you look into that? The OP didn't need this kind of response to a reasonable question.

Ok, what is it with the words I apologize dont you people get????? Or do you just see my 1st comment in this thread and jump right to insulting me?:mad:Read on, I apologized for my comment..2 times...

Tuxes are available on the ship for rental on our cruise for $110 and $89. We have two elagant nights so that covers both of them. Go to the Bon Voyage shop. That where I got my info.

FYI....If you do a lot of cruisin and like to put on the tux regularly, you will be better off buying one. You can buy a whole package new for just a little more than the rental price. If you search the internet real hard you can find "usedtuxedo"s for even less. I have bought (used rental) a black tux and a white dinner jacket that I like to take on my cruises.

Archived