Sneak sneak sneak...

After reading this forum, here's my understanding and I'd like some feedback/clarification on the following:

1) Water & Soda are allowed to be brought on board (no need to hide it) although RCCL representatives are trained to tell you that you can't bring it. We're planning to bring a case of bottled water on board - what's the best way? Do we check it in as a separate piece of luggage? Can I bring one bottle with me (in case I get thirsty) in my carry on? Is it like airport security check point where you aren't allowed to bring any liquids?

2) Bringing your own alcohol is prohibited, but you can try to sneak it on at your own risk. We're thinking to bring a bottle of vodka with us. What's your method of sneaking it in and not getting caught? Perhaps, we can sneak it in an empty 1 liter water botttle? If I were to carry it with me, will they open the water bottle and sniff it to make sure it's water? :cool:

When we got on Majesty in December, bf had a 6pack of beer in his carryon. It got through no problem. I've heard similar stories. I've heard they are pretty stringent about checked luggage and I imagine a 1 liter water bottle would probably cause them to inspect the bag.

After reading this forum, here's my understanding and I'd like some feedback/clarification on the following:

1) Water & Soda are allowed to be brought on board (no need to hide it) although RCCL representatives are trained to tell you that you can't bring it. We're planning to bring a case of bottled water on board - what's the best way? Do we check it in as a separate piece of luggage? Can I bring one bottle with me (in case I get thirsty) in my carry on? Is it like airport security check point where you aren't allowed to bring any liquids?

2) Bringing your own alcohol is prohibited, but you can try to sneak it on at your own risk. We're thinking to bring a bottle of vodka with us. What's your method of sneaking it in and not getting caught? Perhaps, we can sneak it in an empty 1 liter water botttle? If I were to carry it with me, will they open the water bottle and sniff it to make sure it's water? :cool:

They don't have to sniff it, all they have to do is shake it. The proof is in the bubbles!

They don't have to sniff it, all they have to do is shake it. The proof is in the bubbles![/quote]

Literally! Wasn't it the bubble count that measured the proof of liquor?

Soda and water: just put a luggage tag sticker on the outside of the case. They'll deliver it to your room.

I have never, and will never, attempt to sneak prohibited items on board. So no advice for you on that one.

When we got on Majesty in December, bf had a 6pack of beer in his carryon. It got through no problem. I've heard similar stories. I've heard they are pretty stringent about checked luggage and I imagine a 1 liter water bottle would probably cause them to inspect the bag.

But a 1 litre water bottle in the middle of a pack of 6 would likely get through!!

But a 1 litre water bottle in the middle of a pack of 6 would likely get through!!

Probably...I just meant that the sneaky devil managed to get the beer in in his carryon (I didn't know it was in there!). I had a water bottle in my bag and they didn't say a thing either.

We always have a few bottles of water with us and no one has ever asked to check them. We have them clearly visible but they have always been water. We use rum runners to smuggle some liquor on board. The water on board is excellent quality so we just refill our bottles.

We always have a few bottles of water with us and no one has ever asked to check them. We have them clearly visible but they have always been water. We use rum runners to smuggle some liquor on board. The water on board is excellent quality so we just refill our bottles.

It can depend on who is carrying the water bottle. I always have a bottle of water in my bag and it makes it through just fine. My son also has a bottle in his bag and he has been stopped. When I tell them to just shake it because it is water, they usually will just wave him through.

Returning to the ship from a port call, the guys just in front of me had their water bottles confiscated. (I assume they had alcohol in them?)

I went next, with the same brand of water bottle, and I was waved right thru. However, mine was just water, although nobody checked.

I am 50, these guys were young 20s.

You are allowed to bring soda and water onboard,however they would prefur to sell it to you.They are very wise to the old vodka in a water bottle trick.They watch for bottles that have broken seals ,and yes I have seen them checked.There is no need to hide these 2 items.

Archived