Bad Dream 9th -16th....disappointment!

DonnaKSMJ

Just got back from the Dream and wow..were we disappointed!!!

This was our 6th cruise, first with Carnival and by far our worst Cruise ever.

If this is the Dream crew that they put together with the best of their best I surely will never cruise Carnival again!

Fun ship...really? What FUN did they provide??? Boring...no activities all day...cruise director and his staff were no where to be found all day!!!!

At night they came up with making everyone dance the electric slide and chicken dance over and over again...oh ya they had new year's again...they dropped balloons down from the top balcony in the Atrium ohhhh fun!!!! but oh ya they did the electric slide and chicken dance again!!!!!

I am usually blown away by the shows on these ships....the shows on this Ship made me want to put a bullet in my head....I couldn't believe how many people would leave...that bad!!!

Smoking is allowed in way too many places on this ship...it was gross. Our hallway always smelled of smoke and you couldn't go near the piano bar and sunset pool.....this brand new ship will be trashed in no time!!!

Also the decor makes you feel like you are in trashy Las Vegas hotel and diner....who designed this ship? I now officially hate the color red!!!!

If this is the Dream crew that they put together with the best of their best I surely will never cruise Carnival again!

Fun ship...really? What FUN did they provide??? Boring...no activities all day...cruise director and his staff were no where to be found all day!!!!

At night they came up with making everyone dance the electric slide and chicken dance over and over again...oh ya they had new year's again...they dropped balloons down from the top balcony in the Atrium ohhhh fun!!!! but oh ya they did the electric slide and chicken dance again!!!!!

I am usually blown away by the shows on these ships....the shows on this Ship made me want to put a bullet in my head....I couldn't believe how many people would leave...that bad!!!

Smoking is allowed in way too many places on this ship...it was gross. Our hallway always smelled of smoke and you couldn't go near the piano bar and sunset pool.....this brand new ship will be trashed in no time!!!

Also the decor makes you feel like you are in trashy Las Vegas hotel and diner....who designed this ship? I now officially hate the color red!!!!

You have been back a month and after all this time..

you have nothing good to say about it?

My mistake

I misread..you just got back yesterday

I was reading another review that was the polar opposite of this

and the dates sounded the same,

I came back and checked..sorry:confused:

Whow...:eek: Sorry to hear you disliked her that much.. A Post that negitive about Carnival on a Carnival board will require you to be wearing a Flame Proof Suit Fast though I fear:cool:! Better luck in future sailings on whatever line you may be on..:)

I believe OP just got off yesterday...........

There was nothing good at all??

Confused.................

Yeah..I misread (need new glasses):p

There is another review same cruise dates, just the opposite opinion.

I guess a cruise really is what you make of it.

Whow...:eek: Sorry to hear you disliked her that much.. A Post that negitive about Carnival on a Carnival board will require you to be wearing a Flame Proof Suit Fast though I fear:cool:! Better luck in future sailings on whatever line you may be on..:)

I have yet to be on a CCL ship,,49 days to go,,but this is a very true statement as I have found out after reading these boards for a while. I have a Nomex race car suit if you want to borrow it, helmet will cost you extra (I have shoes and gloves too, again extra).

I just read 10 reviews. Yours was the only one that didn't like the entertainment. Everyone else loved or liked the shows. It is funny. Also talked to a dozen people who have been on Dream. They all liked it. Yours was the worst review about everything. It is very sad. You make people that are going on it very disapointed. If I hadn't talked to all the other people, I would really be mad. We are going on it next month. I had better like it more than you. For all the money we spent, we hopefully have a good time.

I just read 10 reviews. Yours was the only one that didn't like the entertainment. Everyone else loved or liked the shows. It is funny. Also talked to a dozen people who have been on Dream. They all liked it. Yours was the worst review about everything. It is very sad. You make people that are going on it very disapointed. If I hadn't talked to all the other people, I would really be mad. We are going on it next month. I had better like it more than you. For all the money we spent, we hopefully have a good time.

Forget about the negatives and concentrate on all the positive aspects of this cruise. You WILL have a GREAT time! Enjoy! :o

Mom was on the Dream over Thanskgiving, and loved it. Was her first cruise in over 20 years, but was blown away by the service, food and ship overall.

I keep hearing about how crowded the buffet is, and bad food, but mom stated that the longs weren't bad, and food was excellent.

A useless review; with exaggerated broad statements.

"no activities all day"...yea, ok then. Now, if the "reviewer" had listed some of the activities that we all KNOW they had during the day and describe how they weren't interesting, or

were handled poorly...compared to cruiseline XYZ....that seems more realistic..a waste of

reading time.

Mitch

I just read all her other post also, best I can tell is that if theres not a beach under her feet she's not happy.

She should have got in the shower and turned it down slow/low.

My wife and I have cruised on 12 carnival ships, had a very few problems.

But we keep comin' back.

My biggest complaint is the desert part, Some of the worst tasting sweets I have ever tried. Even the ch. melting cake.

I for one do not understand about you cruisers wanting to go to the beach? Or lay out by the pool and tan. When you get home what can you tell your friends about the cruise.

Get out see how these other people live and what they believe in. How they work and play. See there countryside. Just plain out smell the air as you tour the city and see the sights.

Cruising carnival again real soon on the Dream, real soon.

And saying you can't find anything to do on the ship itself, man just sit down and people watch. My wife and I walk the entire ship just looking.

We do not drink or gamble, we watch, eat and enjoy. We might just say high to you or we might take your picture or we might just look right through you. But we are having fun.

looks like another loyal Royal has escaped.......Dennis

I am a loyal Royal who just tried Carnival on this same exact cruise. We had a great time and loved the ship. We made the best of the fact that the weather did not cooperate. In my opinion, any cruise is better than working back home.

Yeah..I misread (need new glasses):p

There is another review same cruise dates, just the opposite opinion.

I guess a cruise really is what you make of it.

Yeah, conchhead...see my review (ongoing) same ship, same cruise, we had a ball. Complaints, yeah a few but we handled them and it didn't upset our overall enjoyment. We had a RCL lover at our table the last 2 nights. Avoided answering any questions on if you love RCL so much why did you decide to do the Dream versus the Oasis?.

It is always funny to me how different people can claim to take the same cruise, come here and post polar opposite reviews. I generaly consider 100% negative reviews as just maybe bogus, specialy with all the very fair and balanced reviews being posted by people that have actually been on the ship.

Just read her old posts.

Nope she didn't care for her royal cruise either.

I never said I didn't enjoy my RC cruise...it was the other teenagers onboard that got out of hand and we were in shock. They threw 2 families off the ship and had security stand guard in front of another teens cabin to keep him in...just not what you expect on a family cruise.

I knew I would get some daggers for my review....We were just disappointed....to each his own. We spoke to quite a few families on board and they were saying the same as us...what is there to do??? If we missed something, please someone tell me what....not one organized event during the day...oh wait there was lots of trivia!!!!

At one point one of the passengers started his own conga line around the pool and got a round of applause....Seriously, I'm not just being obnoxious, what was there to do that involved the crew? Organized event?

I never said I didn't enjoy my RC cruise...it was the other teenagers onboard that got out of hand and we were in shock. They threw 2 families off the ship and had security stand guard in front of another teens cabin to keep him in...just not what you expect on a family cruise.

I knew I would get some daggers for my review....We were just disappointed....to each his own. We spoke to quite a few families on board and they were saying the same as us...what is there to do??? If we missed something, please someone tell me what....not one organized event during the day...oh wait there was lots of trivia!!!!

At one point one of the passengers started his own conga line around the pool and got a round of applause....Seriously, I'm not just being obnoxious, what was there to do that involved the crew? Organized event?

You are entitled to your opinion- if you didn't like it, you didn't like it. I personally don't cruise for the cheesy shows or lame activities that I find are present on ALL ships - I cruise b/c I love the ocean and the freedom to do as little or as much as I want each day. We are headed on the Dream for the 2/20 sailing and I am very excited. I am sure I will have a great time because I will be on a cruise and will not have to cook, clean, change diapers, pick-up the kids from school, walk the dog, work all day or deal with all those other daily things. I appreciate your opinion and am sorry you had a miserable time - it is hard for me to imagine that a lack of conga lines or staff led contests would make me have a bad time - but to each their own.

I don't think it's about the comments as much as it's not really definitive or for that matter constructive. As someone else mentioned, maybe cruising isn't for you. As an adult, I wouldn't expect anyone to entertain me, simply put... if I want entertainment I'll find it. When I was on the Dream, they had plenty of activities for those who chose them. Maybe you weren't looking in the right places:) Also, are you serious about talking to other couples that were having a bad time too:rolleyes: C'mon, that's such a defensive statement.

Anyway, maybe it's time for a land vaca...or maybe not, since you'd have to entertain yourself and that seems to be an issue...

I for one do not understand about you cruisers wanting to go to the beach? Or lay out by the pool and tan. When you get home what can you tell your friends about the cruise.

Get out see how these other people live and what they believe in. How they work and play. See there countryside. Just plain out smell the air as you tour the city and see the sights.

:DSeeing that your location is South Alabama I'm guessing your climate is normally pretty warm. Come visit the great white north in January/February and you'll know in a hurry why some of us want the beach.:D

Archived