Preparing to be hammered ....

ssgemini

Phew .. I am probably one of Celebrity and RCCL's biggest fans. But .. I just took a Costa cruise as it's part of my job to test out other cruise lines. I just posted a fairly bad review of my cruise expreience on the Costa boards. I am sitting here preparing to be totally slammed for my comments. Oh well ... it's nice to know I can feel happy and safe here on the Celeb board. Thanks guys!!

Happy Cruising ...

Oriana, QE2, Crown Monarch, Belorussiya, Royal Princess, SuperStar Leo, Superstar Virgo, SuperStar Gemini, Norwegian Star I, Infinity, Constellation, Explorer of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Elation, Pacific Sky

Hi Philk,

It must be nice to 'test' cruises regardless how good or bad they are.

I have never been on any Costa's cruises but I do know some people that were very happy and satisfied with their Costa cruising and I am sure that their product is not 'bad' or they would go out of bussiness.

I did not read your review but now I am curious what You did write, so I will look for it.

Regardless what You did write, it is only your opinion based on what You did experience so why should any one 'hammer' You and beside that this is the Cruise Critic board, or maybe not?

Wes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Regardless what You did write, it is only your opinion based on what You did experience so why should any one 'hammer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes, If only. icon_smile.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Costa is the one board were I have never read a post slamming anyone for their opinion.

I wrote what I felt and have not been slammed.

There is more slamming on this board than any other.

After writing about the CD on the century last year, I got slammed by 55 posters, many who had never even cruised with this CD.

peace.gif

candle_burning_for_911_md_wht.gif

That's OK, that's why we read these boards. We've been on "X" many, many times, decided to take a Costa a couple of years ago. Do I like "X" more? Yes, indeed, but it was February and when you come from the Northeast and you are in the Caribbean, ANY cruise ship is mighty fine!!!!! I'll have to go over tho the Costa board and see what you said!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilK:

I just took a Costa cruise as it's part of my job to test out other cruise lines. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gifWHAT THE HECK IS YOUR JOB!?!?!? icon_eek.gif And will you hire me?

-Michael (a.k.a.

Impulsive Puppy)

Grand Princess 98;Amsterdam 02; Mercury 02; Baby 04

"East takes you out, out takes you west, west takes you in, and in takes you east."

and here I thought this thread was about drinking.... icon_biggrin.gif

I too want to know more about your job...looking for a career change.... icon_biggrin.gif

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

By definition everything about a cruise cannot be perfect since people are different. One person might enjoy the high energy and conga lines at 3 in the morning while another person might like sitting on a moonlit balcony with a significant other just looking at the waves. That is not to say either is bad, it is the viewer who takes one as "too frantic" or the other as "boring".

A true critic will tell what they liked and disliked. To do anything else would be a disservice to the readers.

Phil,

Although your review was a bit rough on Costa, I personally think it was a fair assessment. I did a review back in '97 - '98 on the Victoria. You used the word "inconsistent", I used the word "paradox". Looks like things have not changed much. If you get a chance take a look at:

http://home.ica.net/~fsatusky/reviews/review_cosvictoria1197.txt

One shouldn't have to worry about getting slammed for writing a review. After all a review is merely an expression of the writer's opinions.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;5;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on SUMMIT for 10 nights

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;01;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until MOAGC's on Explorer of the Seas

cposalute.gif

Seven Cruises last Century, then:

Norwegian Sky 2000 GGC2000

Volendam 2001 GGC2001

Paradise 2001

Sensation 2002 GGC2002

Millenium 2003 (Nov 16)

Mariner OTS 2004 (Feb 29)

Summit 2004 (Nov 05)

Explorer OTS 2005 (Jan 09)

[This message was edited by DocJohnB on 04-14-04 at 02:03 PM.]

I've been on Costa twice on the Romantica and the Atlantica and my experiece was nothing like yours. We had a great time on both cruises with excellent food and service. As for the smoking, you need to keep in mind that Costa is a European cruise line and most Europeans smoke so they cater more to smokers than non-smokers. I would expect this to be the norm particularly on sailings in Europe where the majority of the passengers will clearly be locals.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Archived