group dining on the Jewel

Joecadd

We have planned a 10 cabin / 23 total passengers and we are wondering what the chances of sitting together would be like for 10-12 people in the Main Dining Room or some of the other free dining areas.

any info would be great

We have planned a 10 cabin / 23 total passengers and we are wondering what the chances of sitting together would be like for 10-12 people in the Main Dining Room or some of the other free dining areas.

any info would be great

I don't know about the availability of larger tables (of course they could always push small tables together).

You will have to have some flexibility in your dining plans, but they will work with you to make this happen. You should talk with the Maitre'd when you board to make the arrangements.

I don't know if you like to eat "early"...but logic would say that it would be easier to get this kind of seating when the restaurants first open for dinner instead of later when they are already filled with people.

we have been told the opposite by folks who have been on the Jewel. For the main dining room everyone has said after 8:00 would be the best for a larger table and not wanting to wait.

I'm now confused :confused:

If "everyone" already told you to wait until after 8:00 ... what exactly are you asking all of us for?

SeaShark, I am posting the question to get input and info from others.

Also when saying "everyone" I am pertaining to the people I have spoken to. Is it that hard to imagine someone trying to get other opinions from past jewel passengers?

Sorry to confuse you.

We often asked to seat 10 or 12 and they always made it happen. There will be a short wait while they put tables together. They will be long rectangles, not rounds.

Thats great info thank you. did it matter what time you went? Was it less of a wait at certain times?

SeaShark, I am posting the question to get input and info from others.

Also when saying "everyone" I am pertaining to the people I have spoken to. Is it that hard to imagine someone trying to get other opinions from past jewel passengers?

Sorry to confuse you.

That would seem to be the obvious conclusion....however

• You already asked people and got answers to your question.

• Then you come here, and without mentioning that you already have asked and had the question answered, you ask us the question.

• People here responed with the best information available from their personal experiences.

• Your reaction was akin to "No, no, no...that can't be right! I asked everyone and they gave me the exact opposite information"

My confusion comes in how we are all supposed to react to a statement like that. I, for one, am happy to share my experience, but I'm not going to get into an extended discussion because other people gave you conflicting information.

When someone gives me their opinion, I just take it as "advice"...I think it would be rude to come back at them with "Thats not true....I asked other people and they said different!!"

That would seem to be the obvious conclusion....however

• You already asked people and got answers to your question.

• Then you come here, and without mentioning that you already have asked and had the question answered, you ask us the question.

• People here responed with the best information available from their personal experiences.

• Your reaction was akin to "No, no, no...that can't be right! I asked everyone and they gave me the exact opposite information"

My confusion comes in how we are all supposed to react to a statement like that. I, for one, am happy to share my experience, but I'm not going to get into an extended discussion because other people gave you conflicting information.

When someone gives me their opinion, I just take it as "advice"...I think it would be rude to come back at them with "Thats not true....I asked other people and they said different!!"

sea shark

Well to be honest you never told me these were your experiences..... you said "but logic would say" which implies to me that you are saying to me, I am not sure but when i think about it "LOGICALLY" I come up with this answer.

Also, I never said "thats not true" I simply stated what other people have told me.

Man I got tired of this conversation quick. Thanks for the info and lets remember we are discussing vacations not religion or politics. This is fun topic and should be treated as such.

If 23 of you just show up w/o no warning you are going to wait & be annoyed.

If you would like to eat together, tell somebody in advance. They will make it happen. There's a reservations desk. You can also call the DRs on the phone.

On the Dawn a few years ago there was a huge Russian family of about 60-75 people that ate together family style every night. A section of the MDR was cordoned off for them.

Also when you go to your M&G the F&B manager, an officer, will most likely be there. Tell that person of your needs. Seriously, they want to make you happy but you have to tell them what you need.

I echo Trish. They want to make you happy. There were 7 of us and we were able to be seated together pretty easily by NOT going at high volume times. There is actually a monitor that indicates how full the restaurants are and whether or not the time is ocnducive to large party seating. We saw many large groups eating together. But common sense does say--don't just walk in with a huge crowd and expect immediate seating. I would say either early or later--jsut not at prime time.

You will have a fantastic time. The Jewel is lovely

sea shark

Well to be honest you never told me these were your experiences Really? What did you think the answers people were giving on this board were based on if not their experiences? Did you come here looking for wild guesses and rumours? ..... you said "but logic would say" which implies to me that you are saying to me, I am not sure but when i think about it "LOGICALLY" I come up with this answer.

Also, I never said "thats not true" Nor did I ever say you did...but what's the point. When I did say something, it was prefaced by "akin to"... I simply stated what other people have told me. No...you simply implied that we were giving you bad information because you asked "everyone" and they told you "the exact opposite".

Man I got tired of this conversation quick. Thanks for the info and lets remember we are discussing vacations not religion or politics. This is fun topic and should be treated as such. It was a fun topic...that is true.

And of course, you still haven't mention why you bothered asking us for our experiences after "everyone" already gave you the answers to your questions.

We just got off the Jewel. In both Azura and Tsars Palace we saw some large tables put together for large groups even before dinner started. (We got there right when they opened a few times so that we could get the window seats we wanted.) I'm not sure if people called to reserve them, but I did see largish groups (a dozen or more) seated together several times.

We had some large groups from our M&G. The two times we ate in the MDR, they did 3-4 large rounds next to each other. Maybe 8 at a table I think?

getting those super large tables makes little sense anyways. After all, you can not talk to somebody 15 foot away, unless you yell.

(and we have enough people on this board that already yell)

And of course, you still haven't mention why you bothered asking us for our experiences after "everyone" already gave you the answers to your questions.

HAHAHA TOO FUNNY Am i being punked right now is there a hidden webcam somewhere

hahaha what a joke

Archived