Just changed cabins on the Crown...

CHOOSE-2-CRUISE

It was just a quickie 3-night cruise to Princess Cays.

One possible drawback is the openess of the balcony - the view and breeze were wonderful. It was so nice to see out to the side and also to the aft, enjoying the wake. However, that openess meant we didn't get as much shade as we would otherwise. Because of the smoker upwind of us as well as lack of shade, we decided to go with the most forward AD next time. We loved E731, but would give up the larger balcony to deal with those two concerns (personal choice).

It was just a quickie 3-night cruise to Princess Cays.

One possible drawback is the openess of the balcony - the view and breeze were wonderful. It was so nice to see out to the side and also to the aft, enjoying the wake. However, that openess meant we didn't get as much shade as we would otherwise. Because of the smoker upwind of us as well as lack of shade, we decided to go with the most forward AD next time. We loved E731, but would give up the larger balcony to deal with those two concerns (personal choice).

Think I could cope with the wind and openness for the bigger balcony, in fact I thought because the balcony was covered as apposed to the uncovered balconies on dolphin deck we wouldn't get enough sun???

Think I could cope with the wind and openness for the bigger balcony, in fact I thought because the balcony was covered as apposed to the uncovered balconies on dolphin deck we wouldn't get enough sun???

It depends on the ship's position and time of day. Ours was a short cruise during winter (sun is lower) and it seemed we were always facing the sun. You might get some days with little or no sun on your balcony. As long as you aren't shade hogs (like us), the openess is fabulous as is the option for wonderful views. We had shipmates over for a glass of bubbly and they were envious of our large balcony. I hope you enjoy it!

That is a great room! We have had E731 on the CB and do have E730 booked on the Crown in April. We love the large balcony and are going to take our chances on the noise below. Don't think it will really bother us all that much. We shall see.......

Great, you will have to let us know how you get on!

why can't i choose my cabin on Golden Princess?

i booked through an agent...

Was the category you booked only listed as 'guarantee'? That could be the reason you didn't have a choice. I would check with your agent and find out for sure. Good Luck!

Archived