VOS Compass is Here! Roatan/Costa Maya/Cozumel

On three cruises on Voyager the aquariums were either nasty and needed to be cleaned or nothing in them. Have they addressed this issue since last May's refitting? I even emailed RCCl with a request that these beautiful salt water aquariums be cleaned properly and more fish added. They could be so spectacular as I'm sure they were when she debuted!

On three cruises on Voyager the aquariums were either nasty and needed to be cleaned or nothing in them. Have they addressed this issue since last May's refitting? I even emailed RCCl with a request that these beautiful salt water aquariums be cleaned properly and more fish added. They could be so spectacular as I'm sure they were when she debuted!

I'm sorry I didn't make it by the Aquarium Bar, so I don't know...

I noticed all the dinner were casual except formal nights. I thought smart casual was the norm for non-formal nights. How casual is casual, did you see any kahki style shorts and polos, to me that is casual.

Khaki pants and polos were the norm for the non-formal nights. Shorts and hats are not supposed to be allowed in the dining room, so I didn't see any. I did see a couple of very casual men's shirts on formal nights and no one appeared to give them a hairy eyeball. There were quite a few men in dress shirts and sport coats and no ties for formal night, as well as tuxes and evening gowns. I would say it is a personal choice.

The My Time Dining worked wonderfully for us. We didn't have to rush and miss sunsets. Also never had to wait for a table, but were usually there by 6:00-7:00 p.m. I did notice a short line by 8:00 p.m. or so but the line appeared to move quickly. The food in the dining room was superb as usual, and we felt the selection in the Windjammer was top notch also. We never went to the dining room for breakfast or lunch as we were always on the go.

Don't forget your gratuities... it's mentioned in the Compass. :D

If you choose My Time Dining your gratuities are automatically added to your final payment or total for your cruise. The staff is wonderful, so please tip extra to those that go the extra mile to make your trip memorable. We gave our stateroom an additional $60...he earned every penny. Filling up our ice chest every day...etc. If you get Kuman working on the eighth floor aft, you are very fortunate.

Also Jose, a Pool Bar bartender, (the bartenders do rotate every week) and Dexter a pool and disco waiter were great...every one was great! Tip them....they deserve it...

If you choose My Time Dining your gratuities are automatically added to your final payment or total for your cruise. The staff is wonderful, so please tip extra to those that go the extra mile to make your trip memorable. We gave our stateroom an additional $60...he earned every penny. Filling up our ice chest every day...etc. If you get Kuman working on the eighth floor aft, you are very fortunate.

Also Jose, a Pool Bar bartender, (the bartenders do rotate every week) and Dexter a pool and disco waiter were great...every one was great! Tip them....they deserve it...

Hey! SuzyQCruise,!!:)

Thank You!! for the cruise compasses, we will be cruising on 02/21/2010, I wonder if the guest entertainers will change on our cruise or will they stay the same, we shall see.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am so excited to get these Compass' before we sail on Sunday!

I printed and scanned all of these pages into one PDF file. If you'd like a copy of the file email me at pboedeker at aol dot com

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am so excited to get these Compass' before we sail on Sunday!

I printed and scanned all of these pages into one PDF file. If you'd like a copy of the file email me at pboedeker at aol dot com

You are a sweetie too....I should have thought of making one big pdg and have folks email me for the whole enchilada, Just wanted to make a high quality scan of each page, so could only download one page at a time....

Thanks for being smarter than this average bear:D

SuzyQCruise...... As I was reading the compasses from beginning to end, I thought to myself " You are reading this like you have never seen a compass before in your life!!" I had to laugh at myself! That is what keep me cruising .... It gets more exciting with every trip!

Someone should buy you a cruise for all this hard work......I would but I have this small problem....I'm addicted to cruising and I spend all my $$$$ on myself! ;)

SuzyQCruise...... As I was reading the compasses from beginning to end, I thought to myself " You are reading this like you have never seen a compass before in your life!!" I had to laugh at myself! That is what keep me cruising .... It gets more exciting with every trip!

Someone should buy you a cruise for all this hard work......I would but I have this small problem....I'm addicted to cruising and I spend all my $$$$ on myself! ;)

Thanks for the thought.....addicted also!!!:D

Suzy, what did you do in the ports etc? We will be on this cruise FEb 21:) Thanks for the compass!

In Roatan we went on a Victor Bodden private tour (just google Victor Bodden, no deposit required, just make a reservation...he has lots of options from boat snorkling to zip lining) This was our second time to use him...You get an imformative polite driver for the entire day to take you where ever you want to go. The cost is 25pp for 3 to 4 people or $40pp for just two. We always book a 4 person tour and find someone to join us. We did the scenic drive...with stops for photo opps. Then went to Victor Boddens house to play with the monkeys and see parrots and other animals (5pp extra) You feed the monkeys peanuts and they jump on your shoulders as you feed them and pet them...really cool...We headed out to Foster's beach (5pp extra) They have a nice beach and a bar and restaurant...just to the right on the beach at Fosters is Bite on the Beach...a really nice seafood restaurant. Got a wonderful lobster with steamed veggies and rice for $17.00. The driver then took us to some shops off the beaten path for souvenir shopping...Prices are really good in Roatan....just wait to buy conch shells from kid on the beach and at the photo opps...they are the large ones for usually $5.00 each.

Costa Maya - Husband went on a ruins tour using Island Choice. It was much cheaper than the ship tour and was very informative ....I hopped the bus for three dollars and went into town. There is a really nice beach...lots of restaurants and shops....I had a great garlic grilled fish plate for $7.00 at the Green Iguana...Jose is a wonderful waiter there. Didn't really stop at the plaza right off the pier...was told the prices were much more than Roatan.

Cozumel - Made reservations at Nachi Cochum...49pp for a wonderful three course meal and all you can drink with waiters waiting on you hand and food...on a beautiful beach with shady palapas or you can move your chairs in the sun....They limit the reservations to only 100 people so it is not crowded...It is a $15 cab ride for up to 4 persons each way....This beach has lots of coral if you want to collect it.... They also offer massages, banana boat rides and boat snorkle tours for an additional cost.....Will never go another place in Cozumel.

Will be back tommorow if you have more questions!:D

I just finished reading through the compasses you posted and am so grateful. One question some of us from our meet and mingle had, were you required to get a ticket for the ice show? According to the compasses yes, but I have heard others say no. Just wondering what the current answer is since you just returned?

Archived