dress code

We have never been on RCCL and booked a short 3 day trip to the Bahamas of of Port Canaveral on the spur of the moment. What is the dress code in the MDR? I would think that there is no fromal night, right?

We just wanted to get away for the weekend to relax. We have only been on longer Holland America ships with dress codes for MDR and formal nights so we do not know what to expect.

The shorter cruises are definitely much more casual than the longer ones. You'll see pretty much everything from slacks/shirts to tuxes (although very few).

You could show up every night in slacks and a nice blouse/shirt, you'll be fine. For men, if you want to throw a sport coat on, that works too.

Do as you feel appropriate. RCI basically says no shorts, so beyond that you'll be fine.

That's when Amybeth breaks out her lucite platform heels. :D That is, just before sneaking into the Diamond lounge. :D

Well, unfortunately for my fellow cruisers, I won't be on the Monarch any time soon. No DL to sneak into! :(

We are in port until later at night on night #2. Are you sure they would have a formal night then?

How late do you depart that night? I"ve never heard of a formal night being the first or last night for obvious reasons. You may not have your luggage in time on night 1, and on night 3 people will be packing up already. (As Suite Life basically said...) :)

Archived