10 night Caribbean itinerary--which formal night is lobster/escargot?

jimbug

I know that various ships and itineraries will probably do this a little differently...BUT...I'm assuming that fleet-wide, on a 10-night itinerary with 3 formal nights, that the formal night menus are the same?

Anyway, my DH and I hate, hate, hate lobster and escargot....so our plan for that formal night is to head to the Pinnacle. Does anyone know which formal night (out of 3) is usually the lobster one? (Or does it vary so much, it's not even worth trying to plan for?)

Thanks!

You have other choices besides lobster on the last formal night. There's a complete menu.

I, too, don't eat the lobster, but ask for two "turfs" instead. The stewards are always a little surprised, but serve me exactly what I want.

(saves an additional lobster tail for someone else, too. ;))

So, if for some reason you can't get Pinnacle reservations, you can still get a good dinner in the dining room.

:) I don't hate, hate, hate lobster but I never order it on the ship.

There actually are plenty of other things on the menu to order. You do not have to order lobster. ;)

Seems to me escargot is offered the first formal night. Lobster is offered the last. I don't think I've seen them offered on the same night.

Oh, I forgot to add....I know there is plenty on the menu other than lobster....but out of all the menus I've seen, the lobster one was overall my least favorite, even on the other courses....so I figured it would be the best night to go to the Pinnacle Grill.

DH and I did a 10 day Carribbean on the STATENDAM in December. Lobster night was the third formal night; I have no idea about escargot, as we don't eat it. There is always a selection of alternatives...

Karen

On the Caribbean cruise, it's not the Maine lobster we're used to here in New England so we pass on it. There's nothing that can compare to our Maine lobster...yum!

But, I do love the escargot that HAL does. I usually double up and add a salad, and that's my dinner. Last year, I tried the low sodium and it was just as good as the "regular."

Which night on the 10 day is the escargot served?

• 1 month later...

We just got back from the 2/28 Westerdam cruise and the lobster tails during the last formal night were awesome. Huge Maine lobster tails and they were cooked perfectly....tender, tasty, and flavorful! They were atleast 6-8 oz each.

Lobster.JPG.91d893e55758a1a72783e03aa6120aff.JPG

We just returned from the 10 day Panama Canal cruise on the Zuiderdam. Day 9 (sea day) was the 3rd formal night. I also don't care for the Lobster and didn't find anything else enticing that night. I ordered the 8oz steak which is available every night. Hubby loved the escargot. The "turf" I was told was also excellent. Next time I'll do two turfs.

I'll catch, cook, eat and relish lobster anytime I eat it. Being an original Florida type of guy, Spiny lobster is my "bug" bug of choice, but that New England bug is acceptable in a pinch.:eek:Anyway, I can always satisfy my taste in the Pinnacle Grill, so for me, It dosen't bug me on the what's being offered in the main dining room. ;)

Archived