wave runner tour in coco cay

maudde

Was wondering if anyone knows...On this tour, you state if you are a driver or passenger. For those that choose to drive, will they be paired with a passenger even if they don't know the person or will they let one person take the waverunner by themselves? In our group everyone wants to drive but didn't know if we would have someone else with us. Just curious,thanks

When we did this excursion, there were 10 waverunners in each group. One excursion is out while another is seeing the movie and getting ready to go out.

Just make sure that everyone who will be a driver has their license with them. We were told they check ID for anyone under 21. The day we were there they would not let an 18 yr old drive because she hadn't brought her license ashore.

Thanks so much for the info. We will be booking this weekend and I don't know if I would have thought about the drivers license. Did you enjoy the tour? Did you think it was worth the price? Do you have free time on the wave runners to just have fun? I have read it is very popular. Thanks again

It's a "follow the leader" sort of thing...you don't get to go and do what you want. The faster folks are always being made to stop and wait for the slowpokes. The slowpokes are always trying to catch up to the group.......no free time to do as you wish...stay in line!

I really liked it and would do it again. My husband drove and I hung on for dear life. :D There is a line-up. Everyone is given a number - that is the order you ride in. There are 2 tour guides. They will ask who in the group will be wanting to go fast and will put them in the front of the line (we were #3), the people less experienced or slower will be at the end. One guide will lead and one will be at the end to help the slower riders catch up. I didn't mind stopping every now and then to wait up for them. I got to take a dip, our guide dove down and brought up a couple of starfish for us to pass around and he pointed out some landmarks on land. It was beautiful being out there on the water. :)

Archived