Smoking in Cabins (Carnival)

Jonbongal

In all my research before booking our very first family cruise this fall on the Carnival Pride (me, hubby, DD 14 & DD 9) I totally forgot about smoking policies! :eek:

We have two connecting balcony cabins. Me and my girls have a problem with smoke which casuses us to get asthma like symptoms. Even if the smell is in the carpets, curtains, etc. it is bothersome.

Is there a non-smoking policy in cabins? I am praying there is!!! If not, what can be done for us?

Any and all advice is appreciated! :)

Smoking is allowed in all Carnival cabins. From other threads I have read (lots of them!) on the Carnival board, there is never a residual smell and if there does happen to be and you tell your steward, they will do another very thorough cleaning including cleaning the carpets.

In all my research before booking our very first family cruise this fall on the Carnival Pride (me, hubby, DD 14 & DD 9) I totally forgot about smoking policies! :eek:

We have two connecting balcony cabins. Me and my girls have a problem with smoke which casuses us to get asthma like symptoms. Even if the smell is in the carpets, curtains, etc. it is bothersome.

Is there a non-smoking policy in cabins? I am praying there is!!! If not, what can be done for us?

Any and all advice is appreciated! :)

Carnival smoking policy permits smoking in cabins and on balconies and in other designated areas around the ship including one side on the outdoor areas..

The only exceptions are on the Splendor and the Dream that have the new "Spa Suites" in conjuction with their new Cloud 9 spa area. No smoking is allowed in those cabins.

Only Celebrity of the main stream lines has NO smoking in cabins OR on Balconies.

be aware that connecting cabins are a major problem for smoke, I don't mean your connecting cabins where you have the door open between them I mean that many ships have a series of connecting cabins, so the one next to you might be connecting with door closed, that door does NOT seal out smoke if your neighbor smokes.

I have looked everywhere on Carnivals site, can anyone show me where it says they allow smoking in the cabins?

It could be by default, since there IS a section in the FAQ section that covers NO Smoking in SPA cabins including balconies. and you must sign a form when you board and are in one that you will not smoke nor allow anyone to do so in those cabins and balconies.

So perhaps by ommission, any other cabin is fair game.

I have looked everywhere on Carnivals site, can anyone show me where it says they allow smoking in the cabins?

You will notice that there is nothing about NOT smoking in standard cabins but there is notice of NOT smoking in the Spa area on the new ships.

If you doubt, well, guess you'll need to take the word of those here who have cruised many times on Carnival ships...

You can always go to the Carnival board here....lots of folks will tell you that yes indeed, smoking is permitted in cabins....

Or, here's a link to a Carnival sponsored website that outlines the smoking for you:

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Smoking

You should be alright in your cabins (assuming they are connected to each other). I've never smelled smoke in any of my Carnival cabins. It might be a little worse out on your balcony as you will get smoke blowback from everyone upwind ... it usually isn't too bad but you will occasionally smell someone smoking (however if you are moving, the wind keeps things moving).

Archived